Upcoming Bonus Events

@MetalGirl.2370 said:Double fractal relics and pristine relics.

Oh fractals!!! They never had any events. If not much work, can we have a week when bad instabilities affect bosses instead of players and vise versa.Give players boons when hit,make them spit fire and once in while I would love to see that tentacle hitting boss, lol.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second event, Meta-Event Rush, will start a few weeks after the World Boss Week. During this week, our intention is to remove the daily cap on all world meta event completion rewards and to reward additional loot for some of our Meta-Events to pair with some improvements to the Path of Fire map meta events. More info will come closer to the event.

This is the part that I'm looking forward to.

I recently decided to add Junundu Rising and Maw of Torment to my daily rotation, and it has been a gigantic pain in the butt. The reason being that they don't have a set schedule. I arrive in The Desolation 15 minutes after the even hour, since this is when I finish with Auric Basin. And each time, Maw or Junundu will either be currently up, have yet to have started, or will not start for awhile. Why? No idea. This makes planning and organizing the events nigh impossible.

As a side effect, I can practically solo these now. Maw is impossible, but one of these days I'm going to take Junundu Rising all by myself.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

• Collections and meta achievements with titles
  • You had me at Collections and Achievements <3

• If its possible, the return of the Marionette fight from Season 1 would be awesome to have as a event now and then, if its not too much work.

• And to add maybe a armor-set + weapon-set hidden behind a currency only obtainable during these events would be a really nice reward.

• Jumping Puzzle events is something I'd like too.

I'd love to see some focus on Activities. They are actually fun but neglected.

• It would be awesome to see some updates to them (for example Crab Toss skill 3 - "Dash" is extremely clunky in use) but also to see Living World season 1 Activity-related achievements make a comeback (the World-Boss Week could see achievements and reward - Wings of the Sunless skin - from the season 1 Boss Week, Sanctum Sprinter title and so on).
  • Another great thing would adding and re-adding achievements and rewards for Festival Activites like Aspect Arena (which returned with Festival of the Four Winds 2018 but had no rewards whatsoever) or Reaper's Rumble.
  • One last thing is something I care about very much - Basket Brawl. It was implemented for player-testing in August 2016, was fun and pretty much ready for release, needed only small touchups and achievements/rewards. However, it was removed when testing phase ended and was never heard of again.

For PoF metas, I would love to see Desert Highlands treasure bonus event to be more streamlined, let's say, similar how you can loot SW chests...so you can actually take a party of people and run the map in circle (probably single circle in time limit, but still). And add Amalgamated gemstone as rare loot from those superior treasures (so gettable only in the bonus time window). Would make getting those treasures definitely interesting for many, those map kits would not be deemed trash anymore, and would fix the zero ability to get amalgamated gemstones by playing PoF only.

@"Ywhre.9734" said:I'd love to see some focus on Activities. They are actually fun but neglected.

• It would be awesome to see some updates to them (for example Crab Toss skill 3 - "Dash" is extremely clunky in use) but also to see Living World season 1 Activity-related achievements make a comeback (the World-Boss Week could see achievements and reward - Wings of the Sunless skin - from the season 1 Boss Week, Sanctum Sprinter title and so on).
  • Another great thing would adding and re-adding achievements and rewards for Festival Activites like Aspect Arena (which returned with Festival of the Four Winds 2018 but had no rewards whatsoever) or Reaper's Rumble.
  • One last thing is something I care about very much - Basket Brawl. It was implemented for player-testing in August 2016, was fun and pretty much ready for release, needed only small touchups and achievements/rewards. However, it was removed when testing phase ended and was never heard of again.

Wasn't Baslet brawl generally regarded as unfit for release though? I admit a sketchy memory and so could be wrong but I thought it generally not well received

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I think something like the Black Moa Chick quest (which was similar to the Caladbolg collection/quest, I guess) would be nice. And if it offered a Black Moa Chick as in Guild Wars, that would be great!

It's a nice idea but if I remember correctly, in GW1 it required all campaigns (+EotN) so I would save it until (and if) we get the next expansion to have a big quest invonving all 3 expansions!

This is really welcome news! Thanks Irenio! It's great to hear that PoF maps are getting some extra love. My suggestion is to look at the Bitterfrost Meta and add a legendary boss of some sort after all of Jormag's champions have been defeated during the nighttime event. Another suggestion maybe add a new currency awarded for killing World Bosses that you can use to purchase a new weapon skin set. Challenge your team to try and come up with interesting ways to put a new spin on some of the older content that was perhaps rushed during development.

• Make Black Lion Chest Key drop LESS rare during some or all of these events! So we (me) have even more motivation to participate! By less rare I mean less rare than like 1 in a million or even 100 000 :pensive:
  • ANY map completion giving a Black Lion Chest Key!
  • Chance to get exclusive dye drop!
  • Make Dungeons attractive again!
  • Super condensed beer/beer in pills loot to make your drinking achievement coming closer faster!
  • Ability to ride cows/minotaurs (??)
  • Flying cows (yes I know...)
  • LOWER difficulty on raid bosses for "Noob Raid Day" - Make a Noob Raid Day a thing!
  • food/booster to increase magic find by 500% for a "short" time ;)
  • Make (randomly??) PvP avilable in some areas of the PvE world, just for laughs

whew! that is all for now, let you know if I have more! make some of these real please!

The idea is great and I'll sure participate to what I was used few years ago on daily basis.

Wile we're at this I'd like to ask: what are chance that in preparation of the World Boss Week some mobs of champion tier would be added into World Boss schedule and in some cases got proper events structure (pre-event, boss spawn, chain restart)? I'm thinking mostly about Dredge Commissar in Dredgehaunt Cliffs and Siegemaster Lormar in Plains of Ashford; the latter is the only starting zone without World Boss-type encounter. I believe that Lornar's Pass could use own World Boss as well since this map is quite large, events are scattered across long distances; perhaps something related to Marionette remains could revive a bit this place? There's also Fire Shaman aka Drakin Cinderspire in Iron Marches which at some point if I'm not mistaken was sharing spawning time with Fire Elemental in Metrica Prov.Edit: I just tossed this as a separated thread for better attention

Then there are the Orr maps and Temple encounters which since introduction of Megaservers system are bit neglected - sometimes events are blocked for days and in order to for example, fulfill collection objectives, community advises to visit map around Tuesday patch releases, since that's the time events scripts are being restarted. The uniqueness and sense of accomplishment of these encounters practically doesn't exist because it's hard to find map where events structure isn't broken; maybe a separated schedule for the Orr maps could solve this issue and revive maps beyond farming Cypress Saplings?

Please please please update pof meta rewards to be worth doing in comparison to hot metas! After the event not just for the event. People do not do them. This is All i want. Give us a pof hero's choice box with an incense or amalgamated gemstone and people will actually make groups for pof metas (beyond bonus week).

Please read this.

Ever since the release of Path of Fire, Jumping puzzles have all but been put on the backburner IMO (heck, even prior to that, methinks)I'd love to see an event around those, as, to me, these little gems are what drew me to this game in the first place, some 7 years ago.

On-topic regarding the upcoming bonus-boss-loot:Is this an achievement collection where you can only get the bonus chest once per every boss, or will you always get the additional box, regardless of how many times you beat a particular boss?

• Lith.

@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:While the team is working toward the release of Episode 6 and the future of Guild Wars 2 development, a few of us are building out a stable of bonus events. You’ve already seen the World vs. World weeklong bonus event with no down state, and the Queen’s Jubilee Boss Blitz weekend, but soon we’ll release other bonus events. The first iterations of two of the planned events are complete, and we have two more in active development. Our intention is to run these during times when there are no major releases, and reward players for participating.

The first of these events, World Boss Week, starts May 6 and will run until May 13. During this week, all world boss kills in core Tyria zones will reward a Bonus Box of Goods in addition to normal loot drops.

The second event, Meta-Event Rush, will start a few weeks after the World Boss Week.

OK, so first of all, thank you for telling us this, secondly what kind of timeline are we talking about for Episode 6?

If the first of these events, "World boss week" will take us up to mid May, the second event will start "a few weeks after the World Boss Week" and then we'll have Episode 6 (which would probably be June)? Or will Episode 6 come a few more months down the line after the other two bonus events you have in active development are released?

Also, "Queen’s Jubilee Boss Blitz weekend"? I haven't logged in for a week, I heard about the WvW week but what did I miss there?

I do like achievements and collections but I rather see them for a longer period than just a bonus weekend (as it then becomes a chore to get them instantly while I rather take my time and do them when I feel like doing them).

Some idea's for weekend events:

• WvW events (like we saw with bonus progression and loot progression as during Warclaw introduction). I am not for ONLY core or the likes as this will leave people out (something with swapping weapons, using other gears/stats and the likes). Do fix the WvW servers first tho as the queues are massively long during such events.
  • Fractal events (bonus loots) are fine with me (even tho I never do them). Just make it available for every fractal level and tier tho.
  • Dungeon events are fine with me as well but fix dungeons first, way too many bugs...
  • Races (rollerbeetle/griffon). Like the rollerbeetle weekend event we had with bonus loot.
  • Meta events / map events. This is nice but do check thoroughly that these events cannot stall and fix them before (we have seen this happen with Orr meta when we needed this for a fresh collection).
  • Jumping puzzle event (I still miss jumping puzzles in PoF)
  • Fashion event. Maybe we could do something with costumes/skins. In another game I know of an event with a catwalk and some bidding and you could win skins/costumes tho this copy pasta wouldn't work in GW as the playerbase is too big since in the other game you always ended with at least 1 skin a day. But I guess some dev(s) could come up with something creative.
  • Something with Activities could be nice (tho we have seen those still abandonned during festival like Festival of Four Winds that had an activity in it)
  • Some gathering weekend / craft weekend