Native to Linux via Vulkan

Gizmo.4530

Hi everyone,I have recently being advised to post a suggestion and ask how many others out there using Linux would like the game to be made native for the OS. (Ubuntu, Mint, Peppermint etc).Yes is may take some time and I'm sure there are a lot of Linux gaming enthusiasts here, but a suggestion from a large amount of people should hopefully give us some attention.I suppose the best thing would be a shout out. Let me know how many out there.

Email from Arenanet:

...Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your ideas about running Guild Wars 2 on Linux! We have found that the best way for the Development team to gather and review player feedback and suggestions is through the official forums. We ask and encourage players to post their ideas in our forums...

Members of the Development Team read the forums daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own.

The team looks forward to reviewing your input.

Regards,

GM

Chances of it happening are really slim to none, however Linux users are not far from such a thing. For GW2 on Linux talk you might want to have a look at this thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/31192/playing-guild-wars-2-on-linux-performance-optimizations-and-more/p1?new=1

Furthermore, (and you're probably aware of it), there's a DX9 to Vulkan project in the works of which GW2 already runs very well on it, there are a few issues left but I assure it's very mature already: https://github.com/Joshua-Ashton/d9vk

Might not be native but it's not far from what you're asking :)