Soul Eater vs. Parasitic Contagion

Eddy.7051

I'm loving the Soul Eater rework for open world PvE. This trait provides so much self sustain without having to attribute stat points into Healing Power.

But, why is this trait healing me while I'm in reaper shroud when it isn't a life leech? Parasitic Contagion doesn't heal in shroud, and it's another trait that heals the user based on a percentage of damage. This inconsistency bugs me.

Also, why do the new life siphon weapon skills (warhorn 5 and focus 4) not heal while in shroud? If these life siphons are going to have inconsistent interactions, then they should at least have the Parasitic Contagion description, "Healing will not occur while life force replaces health."

@"Brad.9730" said:I'm loving the Soul Eater rework for open world PvE. This trait provides so much self sustain without having to attribute stat points into Healing Power.

But, why is this trait healing me while I'm in reaper shroud when it isn't a life leech? Parasitic Contagion doesn't heal in shroud, and it's another trait that heals the user based on a percentage of damage. This inconsistency bugs me.

Also, why do the new life siphon weapon skills (warhorn 5 and focus 4) not heal while in shroud? If these life siphons are going to have inconsistent interactions, then they should at least have the Parasitic Contagion description, "Healing will not occur while life force replaces health."

It just says "striking foes within the threshold," it doesn't say anything about only working outside of reaper.

@phs.6089 said:cus necro is a hot mess?

Oh I don't see why you say that ;) Is it because some core traits behave differently based on the specialization? or because we have 5 minion related traits and yet most of the time we don't use minion? or maybe it's because of the inconsistencies of life leeching traits? or are you refering to the oddity of it's defensive mechanism?

In many way the necromancer is unique in the game, the profession stand in between a mob and a player so it's logic to to see it being balanced like a mob I guess.

@"Brad.9730" said:I'm loving the Soul Eater rework for open world PvE. This trait provides so much self sustain without having to attribute stat points into Healing Power.

Also, why do the new life siphon weapon skills (warhorn 5 and focus 4) not heal while in shroud? If these life siphons are going to have inconsistent interactions, then they should at least have the Parasitic Contagion description, "Healing will not occur while life force replaces health."That's just the beginning. If you invest a bit more time into the class you will find alot more of these inconsistencies. :)

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@Etterwyn.5263 said:Has anyone tried Soul Eater with Sanctuary runes?

The sanctuary effect is basically increasing healing effectiveness by 20%. So if you did 10 thousand damage, you’d get healed for 500 health, plus 20% of 500, which is an additional 100 health in the form of barrier.

Can i use it reaper form to increase reaper shroud time?

@XECOR.2814 said:

@Etterwyn.5263 said:Has anyone tried Soul Eater with Sanctuary runes?

The sanctuary effect is basically increasing healing effectiveness by 20%. So if you did 10 thousand damage, you’d get healed for 500 health, plus 20% of 500, which is an additional 100 health in the form of barrier.

Can i use it reaper form to increase reaper shroud time?

Yes and no.

Having barrier will take priority of damage taken while in shroud, but the degen (5%) will still occur regardless.