Returning player proffesion question

Rev is a blast to play. I have both a Herald (HoT elite) and a Renegade (PoF elite). Both running power builds (Marauder's armor on the Renegade, Berserker on the Herald). If you want to run a power build, go with the marauder's gear - the extra HP makes a big difference in my opinion. Both in PvE and WvW.

Rev is all about managing energy and switching between legends. It can be tough, but I think engi and ele are tougher because of the higher complexity of the rotations/skill usage.

@"Kabuki Theatre.9752" said:So, just good old Warrior gets disrespect??

Guess it depends a bit upon what the target is. In WvW for example Warrior is decent at a lot of things, and one of the most tanky/survivable roamers once you start learning it and get the hang of it. I'd rate it among the easier classes to learn and do well with in Open World, but it doesn't have the kind of mechanics like Nercomancer or Ranger to basically ignore 90% of enemies in Open World.

In general I typically advice that people play what they enjoy the most, as long as they're willing to try to learn it. As you will typically be more motivated to learn to get better with a class you enjoy. And despite how draconic the whole "meta" thing sounds at times, you're usually better off with a class you can do well with, than a meta class/build you can't play.

I'm not an expert on Rev, so can't really comment much other than I know it's very popular in zergs in WvW. I can't pull that off myself as the hammer just feels way too clunky for my own taste.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:Rev is a blast to play. I have both a Herald (HoT elite) and a Renegade (PoF elite). Both running power builds (Marauder's armor on the Renegade, Berserker on the Herald). If you want to run a power build, go with the marauder's gear - the extra HP makes a big difference in my opinion. Both in PvE and WvW.

Rev is all about managing energy and switching between legends. It can be tough, but I think engi and ele are tougher because of the higher complexity of the rotations/skill usage.

if you can survive with marauder you can survive with berserkerthere is literally no point on going maraduer on rev, since with roiling mists you are sitting at 100% crit chance anywaythat means all those extra precision that maraduer gives over berserker are wasted stats

secondly, what use is 100% crit chance if you can't benefit fully from it since you gimped your ferocity stat (and power) on marauder for some extra health?

and power renegade, didn't even know that was a thing. power herald just sounds so much better