Wrong tree for this trait.

Aavataris.5720

First of all:

• If you are not going to read, can you see this image at least? Sums everything up in a tiny image: https://ibb.co/4MHSXzb
  • If you are not contribute, going to insult me and/or just speak badly of something that you did not even bother to read, don't comment, it's annoying (I say it because in my previous post that happened, it is unnecessary bad attitude).

Now, the post:The Trait of venoms of the Thief (Leeching Venoms) should be changed to another tree (whichever!).For example, in Mortal Arts is more related, like in topics and other traits, or in the Acrobatics tree there is no skill trait.

In Art of the Shadows it has little to do, it doesn't combine with the stealth traits and with the style of that tree (stealth, pause and potentiated blow). Worst it, means sacrificing Stealth skills for Poison skills, gained little or no benefit.

In short:Move the Poisons trait to another tree, where it is used and combine

When are you going to make this change ?? A lot of people have been asking for it for a long time!

What's wrong with
Piercing Shards
trait?I don't understand what u say. Plz explain me?

More damage on vulnerable foes and increased vulnerability time.

Nothing in water attunement or on any skill can provide vulnerability except Ice Spike (Staff #2) and it's only 5 stacks, let alone that Water line and attunement are not the one picked for damage and the bonus damage is only in Water attunement, the one used for healing.

The element more suited to this is Air line. Primordial Stance, Glyph of Elemental Power, Fresh Air, as most weapon skills and other utilities, all inflict vulnerability in Air attunement, but you don't see this trait in Air line.

I partially agree:

On the one hand, it is true that I would also like that trait, Piercing Shards, help more the elementalist support skills (although my support elementalist does not use the water tree).

On the other hand, the vast majority of primary sets of weapons (with the sword as the exception) in water tuning apply Vulnerability frequently, and quite a lot. In addition, I believe that this feature seeks to compensate the lack of damage to the tree, while helping the allies by decreasing for longer the enemy defenses (with vulnerability), which is also support.

I partially agree:

On the one hand, it is true that I would also like that trait, Piercing Shards, help more the elementalist support skills (although my support elementalist does not use the water tree).

On the other hand, the vast majority of primary sets of weapons (with the sword as the exception) in water tuning
apply Vulnerability frequently, and quite a lot
. In addition, I believe that this feature seeks to
compensate the lack of damage to the tree
, while
helping the allies by decreasing for longer the enemy defenses
(with vulnerability), which is also support.

In terms of frequent vulnerability application, Ice Spike/Memestone has a 6s coolodown with 2s delay, only to apply 5 stacks if Vulnerability, also keep in mind that the class lacks weapon swap, which means, it's 5 stacks each 8s, that means nothing as the increased duration would've already been gone by that time and/or 5 stacks isn't what would cause panic into the opponent.

In PvE: Tempest stacks Vuln. through Warhorn #5 which is on Air attunement + Air Overload

In PvP and WvW: 5 stacks every 8s isn't really a thing + the increased damage on a supportive build is like buffing the skill from dealing 300 to dealing 360, that's nothing.

Just to not get that much out of the thread's point, each class main will surely see missing points that mean nothing and there have been many suggestions for fixes, but the answer was never there.

It's 5 seconds of Vulnerability with 6 seconds of cooling (which starts when the skill is released, after 3/4 of a second, not when it hits).To that you add another second with the trait, and they are 6 seconds ...that allows you to apply vulnerability 6 of each -almost- 7 seconds. It's pretty good, almost constant, no?

...but, leaving it aside that trait: This one, that I mention in post, it has a great flaw, no?I mean, look at the image that I put in the post, plz

Ok, so far, from what I've read, and keep in mind that this opinion is based on an Ele only player, so I might know encounters but don't know how this affects you.

'Revealed Training' in Deadly Arts seems to be more of a damage oriented trait than an actual stealth trait. By checking PvE DPS builds (both e-specs), and PvP/WvW Deadeye build, I can clearly see that this trait is abused to deal as much damage as possible, in fact, it's a counter stealth ability, so you can think of as uhmm... why would a counter stealth ability ever be put in a stealth line? Reading Shadow Arts line, I can only see that you gain benefits from stealthing, so gaining bonuses as well from being Revealed is a bit frustrating.

Now that I am done with Revealed Training, the potential replacement for Leeching Venoms, time for its substitute.

'Leeching Venoms' seems close to 'Refined Toxins' in Wilderness Survival (ranger spec), in a way that it controls enemies sustain, which should give you time to sustain as well, but I don't actually see 'Leeching Venoms' being the same... clearly... not one bit, unless it's Spider Venom in a utility slot, but if that's the case, then a Ranger already has it on auto attacks. All I could ever see from this trait is trying to go for survivability through placing many Venom skills in the utility slots, which is a big joke, it's like telling a Weaver to make use of most of its Stances, which are also a joke. But let's say Leeching Venoms was as you want it, on Deadly Arts line, then my question would be... Do you see yourself as a thief main, giving up a crucial utility for what? Reduced Venom skill recharge times?

Conclusion: I don't see Deadly Arts getting a change, which means that 'Revealed Training' remains as is, all I see is Leeching Venoms being removed completely and replaced by an actual trait that fits in the line it's representing in order to make the line playable since from all the builds I have seen, Shadow Arts isn't picked at all, it's like the Earth line of Thief.

...but you can't just eliminate the Poisons trait, it has to be somewhere.

You are saying should it not go in Art of Shadows, no? True, then they must move it to another tree (not necessarily changing it by Revealed Training. There are other options, better than the current one).

P.D.: If I did not understand, correct me, it has taken me a lot to translate and understand so much text, but it's the idea of ​​the text, right?