Ideas for necro balance - Reaper

Dantheman.3589

I think we all agree reapers power creeping damage can be pretty high and it was probably the most common build in ranked for a few seasons. Ever since anet nerfed reapers passives and damage it's been seen less, yet is still somewhat present in ranked and when played correctly it is actually pretty annoying what with teleports, long range pulls and 20k burst. I wouldnt say reapers can still tank crazy damage all the time but they are still good at selectively bursting targets quickly and still have incredible cleave. With this in mind I'd like to suggest my own vision for what changes could be made to reaper that would actually benefit them mechanically instead of just tweeking damage over time -

1.) Along the lines of the passive changes - changes the quickness in shroud to just give 1 large dose possibly 3 seconds and possibly might when entering shroud instead of constant supply of quickness2.)Since there are so many classes in team fights rn that can block alot(like engis and warriors) - I would like to see some reaper effect that makes something in reaper shroud Unblockable possibly if reapers onslaught made executions scythe unblockable the first time you use it3.)Just a fun suggestion I would like to see some shouts buffed, because they have been there untouched for so long and now that spectral stuff is nerfed its seems like the new option. Make Nothing can Save you instant, increase shout dmg anything to make shouts meta.

These are just what I pulled up off the top of my head and I honestly think this would make reaper more fun and follow anets current changes to the point. Feel free to post any other ideas and hopefully we can make reaper a ranked meta build again!

i think before any meaningful buffs are to be rolled out the reap shroud auto needs a nerf. I 3 shot an ele with it lol, granted I had might and they had vuln, plus I was glass reaper... still. its ridiculous even with marauders or demolishers. the end of the auto chain has a 1.7 coefficient! so ridiculous lol. to compensate maybe a range increase to the auto. the first two are 170 and the last is 220, seems a bit strange to me.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:to compensate maybe a range increase to the auto. the first two are 170 and the last is 220, seems a bit strange to me.

I think this the type of thing anet has been tweaking since hot though I was looking for something that would correct reapers onslaught and soul reaping changes. Still nice suggestion keep it coming!

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:i think before any meaningful buffs are to be rolled out the reap shroud auto needs a nerf. I 3 shot an ele with it lol, granted I had might and they had vuln, plus I was glass reaper... still. its ridiculous even with marauders or demolishers. the end of the auto chain has a 1.7 coefficient! so ridiculous lol. to compensate maybe a range increase to the auto. the first two are 170 and the last is 220, seems a bit strange to me.

If they chose to tank a Reaper in Shroud with their HP pool then they got it coming :+1:Though I like the idea of extending the auto range.It should be 180 180 240 in line with the multiple of 60.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:i think before any meaningful buffs are to be rolled out the reap shroud auto needs a nerf. I 3 shot an ele with it lolWhoa wait!

This extremely depends on their build. There are ele builds you will never kill unless running full glass yourself (and which you could never kill with a damage nerf of shroud) and baiting water/earth attunement to burst them hard after they put it on cooldown - and even then they can teleport/FGS into the sky.

Ele has a wide variety of builds from being a oneshot for everyone and being unkillable for everyone.

Why the RS auto did not receive the "multiplier of 60" change to 180, 180, 240 is beyond my understanding too. Hopefully in the next patch...

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:i think before any meaningful buffs are to be rolled out the reap shroud auto needs a nerf. I 3 shot an ele with it lol, granted I had might and they had vuln, plus I was glass reaper... still. its ridiculous even with marauders or demolishers. the end of the auto chain has a 1.7 coefficient! so ridiculous lol. to compensate maybe a range increase to the auto. the first two are 170 and the last is 220, seems a bit strange to me.

"so since I 3 shot an ele when the stars aligned.. necros need nerfs" what?

So I guess since any glass mesmer, war, thief, or gaurd could do the exact same amount of damage in that time they should all get nerfs too huh?

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:its ridiculous even with marauders or demolishers. the end of the auto chain has a 1.7 coefficient!@"TheDevice.2751" said:"so since I beat a 3 shot an ele when the stars aligned.. necros need nerfs" what?

So I guess since any glass mesmer, war, thief, or gaurd could do the exact same amount of damage in that time they should all get nerfs too huh?

there you go.

• 1 year later...

Idk the whole point of reaper is the big damage when in close range, there isn't much anything else going for it, it even is not the biggest damage in the game for all the drawbacks, poor stability so sitting in constant ragdoll is usual occurrence, can't go into 1v1 and it is overly reliant on the team doing well by peeling and having a support.It is a battering ram it breaks walls but it is constant target(that red Reticle is on you) and it requires constant coddling to do its job. If you are letting Reaper basic attack you, you deserve to die. Also Lich basic attack is broken, but rest of the Lich is dogshit.

@"Dantheman.3589" said:

I cannot thumbs up you because of that :

2.)Since there are so many classes in team fights rn that can block alot(like engis and warriors) - I would like to see some reaper effect that makes something in reaper shroud Unblockable possibly if reapers onslaught made executions scythe unblockable the first time you use it

Block is there to do exactly what it war originally supposed to do: block the damage. Unblockable effects promotes spam.There are too many blocks in the game ? Fine then! Lower the block uptime that are problematic.

At the moment reapers are powerful but overall fun to fight against, so I would not change too much "for now" (there are plenty of things to say, but it will take more than 1 patch each 6 months to adjust these).Short-term, I would just put a proper animation on ghastly claws and on spinal shivers. These hit way too hard to be casted "out of nowhere".Spinal shivers also deserves a damage shave, it is incomprehensible it went under the radars on February patch. No animation, 867 damage with 2.625 power coefficient, 3 boons removal, 5s chill, unblockable by Aegis, 1200 range on a 20s CD ? Lol anet, please start being consistent with yourself.Same goes for lich.

@aelska.4609 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:

2.)Since there are so many classes in team fights rn that can block alot(like engis and warriors) - I would like to see some reaper effect that makes something in reaper shroud Unblockable possibly if reapers onslaught made executions scythe unblockable the first time you use it

Block is there to do exactly what it war originally supposed to do: block the damage. Unblockable effects promotes spam.There are too many blocks in the game ? Fine then! Lower the block uptime that are problematic.

At the moment reapers are powerful but overall fun to fight against, so I would not change too much "for now" (there are plenty of things to say, but it will take more than 1 patch each 6 months to adjust these).Short-term, I would just put a proper animation on ghastly claws and on spinal shivers. These hit way too hard to be casted "out of nowhere".Spinal shivers also deserves a damage shave, it is incomprehensible it went under the radars on February patch. No animation, 867 damage with 2.625 power coefficient, 3 boons corrupt, 5s chill, unblockable by Aegis, 1200 range on a 20s CD ? Lol anet, please start being consistent with yourself.Same goes for lich.Spinal shivers is boon removal not boon corrupt, it is punish skill for stacking boons it does nothing if you don't have any.I like how everyone says nerf this nerf that but doesn't even know how the skills work.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:

At the moment reapers are powerful but overall fun to fight against, so I would not change too much "for now" (there are plenty of things to say, but it will take more than 1 patch each 6 months to adjust these).Short-term, I would just put a proper animation on ghastly claws and on spinal shivers. These hit way too hard to be casted "out of nowhere".Spinal shivers also deserves a damage shave, it is incomprehensible it went under the radars on February patch. No animation, 867 damage with 2.625 power coefficient, 3 boons corrupt, 5s chill, unblockable by Aegis, 1200 range on a 20s CD ? Lol anet, please start being consistent with yourself.Same goes for lich.Spinal shivers is boon removal not boon corrupt, it is punish skill for stacking boons it does nothing if you don't have any.I like how everyone says nerf this nerf that but doesn't even know how the skills work.

I edited my post, thank you for your note. All I know about this skill is that when I hear "SCHLUMP" I will have to cry over my dead character :'(

@Vancho.8750 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:

it so happens that every meta build in the game bar mesmer has perma boons, so this skill always hits for its highest bracket of tactical nuke.to top it off it applies chill before it hits for some reason ¯\(ツ)/¯ so it self applies 10% chill damage bonus.so ya, every 20s necro goes brrzt and 2,625 coefficient ranged attack hits.same with fidget spinner attack that has 2,66 coefficient attack that gets extra vulnerability bonuses

edit.necro damage bonuses are easy as fuck to proc so they hit like a truck ez clap, on top of having 2,6+ coefficient ranged attacksto put it into perspective, shivers deals legit like 5% less damage then fucking rapid fire.

BTW why are you necroing up a thread from 26th of April 2019, it just generates confusion and misinformation

@"shinta.8906" said:nerf lich autolower stab uptime on reaperlower condi cleanses on reaperget rid of quickness

keep the dmg

I agree with Lich nerf.The stab was already nerfed in half and a melee class without stab is dead.Reaper has already the least number of cleanse of all necro builds and it is already weak to condis, so no point in nerfing it more.For what it corcern the quickness, have u tried playing reaper shroud without quickness? You won't be able to land anything except for maybe the auto attack, so if we remove quickness you gotta reduce skill cast time. Because since HoT the pace of game combat has got so fast that most of reaper skills are still too slow to keep up.

From the 25th of february patch:"Chilled to the Bone!": Reduced stability duration from 10 seconds to 6 seconds.Infusing Terror: Reduced stability duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds