Bought Gems, Payment Completed, No gems.

Hi,

I know I should be writing this in a support ticket but I did that two times now and all I get is a generated reply.What happened is that I tried to purchase gems from the in-game store, I got errors and I knew it was common so I contacted the support and they said it's solved.I tried to buy gems with Paypal and the store opened the Paypal for me this time, and bought the gems, only there's no gems, I checked the paypal account and the payment appearto be completed, I have the transaction ID and the email of the seller and everything.

So I contacted the support (2nd time) they said that Paypal declined it and they can't tell why, I attached everything I could to get a refund at least, I spent 100$ :/I contacted the seller from Paypal and they said they don't handle the customer service of Guild Wars.I'm lost, what to do now? this is really frustrating.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Perhaps, the OP contacted Digital River, the payment processor for ArenaNet.

Yes, Digital River.I bought the gems directly from the in-game store using paypal.

@"MachineManXX.9746" said:What do you mean by "I contacted the seller from Paypal and they said they don't handle the customer service of Guild Wars."? Isn't A-Net the "seller"?Digital River, the payment processor the A-net, I bought the gems directly from in-game store.

@"Lottie.5370" said:You can buy gems through paypal in the in-game client. It sounds like that's what they did, otherwise yeah.. that's what you get from not buying from an official retailer.I bought the game directly from the in-game store, the paypal payment processor "The Seller" called Digital River, it's for A-Net.

I purchased the two ultimate expansions before, and it took 5 days to unlock the account and the gems took sometime to get it, I understand that.I made another ticket today and asked to talk to a senior since I posted about it before two time with no solution to it yet, and got the same generated reply, that the payment is declined from paypal itself and there's no reason given to A-net, yet it says completed on my paypal account.

Anyway I dispute it on paypal now, and would have to wait to see if I can get a refund at least.

@abdurion.5074 said:I purchased the two ultimate expansions before, and it took 5 days to unlock the account and the gems took sometime to get it, I understand that.I made another ticket today and asked to talk to a senior since I posted about it before two time with no solution to it yet, and got the same generated reply, that the payment is declined from paypal itself and there's no reason given to A-net, yet it says completed on my paypal account.

Anyway I dispute it on paypal now, and would have to wait to see if I can get a refund at least.

Never make a new ticket update your existing one.

@abdurion.5074 said:I purchased the two ultimate expansions before, and it took 5 days to unlock the account and the gems took sometime to get it, I understand that.I made another ticket today and asked to talk to a senior since I posted about it before two time with no solution to it yet, and got the same generated reply, that the payment is declined from paypal itself and there's no reason given to A-net, yet it says completed on my paypal account.

While on this, make sure to check both your PayPal balance as well as your bank account balance.

Here is why: if something gets deducted from your bank account (say PayPal charging for something you bought), but then gets charged back to your PayPal, the money will now be in your PayPal account, not your bank account (seems obvious, but this did surprise me once since I usually keep my PayPal account empty and was only checking my bank account).

• ArenaNet Staff

Because this topic is now resolved from our perspective, I'll close the thread. Don't hesitate to update your support ticket if you have further questions!