do u buy outfits but then stop using them......

when a new one comes out...>?
i havent used the tuxedo one or the dwayna one for years...

suggestion: sometimes i wish we can trade in outfits for new ones... cuz i rarely use the older ones.

Bonus question: Whats ur fav outfit? dont say ritualist cuz its uglee.

I have a lot of wardrobe unlocked. Discounting the stuff that I never much liked, there are still too many things for me to make use of more than a fraction. Outfits don't suffer any better or worse than anything else.

The ones I've bought fill a particular niche, so I make use of that. I particularly like the Ancestral Outfit for Lunar New Year, the Mad Scientist Outfit works for a lot of toons that are hard to costume, and so on.

Outfits are like a new car. Shiny at first, but then you realise your car is everywhere. From that moment on, no matter the paint job, your car just isn't as special as when you drove it off the lot.

Plus, after awhile, the same look gets somewhat stale.

Your milage may vary.

I don't necessarily go buying a new outfit when I get tired of an old one, but I do like to change my look from time to time. There are some outfits I haven't used in a long time, though, so I guess that puts me firmly in the "guilty" camp.

Do you think that...

() The poll choices are crappy() Samnang makes too many polls() Whatever() Other

:astonished: :)

I went with Other. I own and use many outfits. Some of my 45 toons have them on "permanently" and I use them on the toon I am actively playing to switch things up when I get bored of a look. I did not get the Rit outfit. It's fine, and something I would use, I just don't need another right now.

In contrast, how many armor sets never see any use? A great many methinks.

This is one reason I rarely buy outfits when they first come out - I want to be certain I am going to use it enough to justify buying it and it often takes me a while to decide. It's also why I have relatively few of them (13 in total, 7 purchased, 6 free/unlocked in-game or bundled with PoF), any new ones need to fill a 'gap' in my characters wardrobes rather than just being a variation on something I've already got.

Then sometimes I run into the problem that once I've decided to get an outfit I have to wait ages for it to come back, most recently that happened with the Jungle Explorer outfit.

So, if you get an outfit and only use it for a short time and then rarely ever again, how can one complain that outfits lend to seeing clones of people wearing the same outfit?

If it's not new, you could be the only person on a map wearing a particular outfit.

I generally prefer armor skins over outfits but have bought three. My favorite is the wedding outfit because I love the female sylvari gown. I also use the exemplar outfit from time to time because it is elegant and not over-the-top like so many of the other outfits and armors. Finally, I got Braham’s wolfblood outfit as part of a package deal and use it for my norn guardian.

If I see an outfit that I think is well designed (not overly excessive or gaudy, not over-designed or obstructive) and it looks good on Charr I buy it. On my Main I swap between a custom armour set and the Wedding Attire outfit. The custom armour set being his combat outfit, the Wedding Attire being his civvies.

If I see something I like, I buy it as a vote with my wallet, and just in case I ever find a use for it in future. For example with the War Eternal Supply Drop I just unlocked the Chef outfit, because I can see myself using that in future, probably while messing around in one of the major cities with other players, or during a festival.

@DietPepsi.4371 said:If I see an outfit that I think is well designed (not overly excessive or gaudy, not over-designed or obstructive) and it looks good on Charr I buy it. On my Main I swap between a custom armour set and the Wedding Attire outfit. The custom armour set being his combat outfit, the Wedding Attire being his civvies.

If I see something I like, I buy it as a vote with my wallet, and just in case I ever find a use for it in future. For example with the War Eternal Supply Drop I just unlocked the Chef outfit, because I can see myself using that in future, probably while messing around in one of the major cities with other players, or during a festival.

I've been thinking about getting the chef outfit for a while, as an alternative to the common clothing outfit. I love that it changes based on the race of the character wearing it (I think it's only common clothing, the wedding outfit and the chef outfit which do that) and I think it would make a nice alternative to the other two.

I normally to use outfits as an alternative to armour - something for my characters to wear when they're in town or otherwise in non-combat situations. (Something I've been doing basically as long as it's been an option in RPGs, first one I remember making a point of it was Morrowind where I always carried a set of plain clothes to swap to in towns.) So I really like the ones which don't look like armour and which look like something an NPC might wear (although it doesn't have to be racial clothing).

The one exception is the arctic explorer outfit, which I bought because (stupid as it sounds) a character running around in snow wearing a sleeveless top or other inappropriate clothing can make me actually feel cold, so I like having that to swap to.

@Danikat.8537 said:The one exception is the arctic explorer outfit, which I bought because (stupid as it sounds) a character running around in snow wearing a sleeveless top or other inappropriate clothing can make me actually feel cold, so I like having that to swap to.

Not silly at all. I totally get that. If I plan to be romping around in The Shiverpeaks or any cold area I often swap out my shoulder armour for a scarf.

I voted for other as the choices given assume little outfit use.

I buy and use outfits a lot but since I have so many some outfits might not be used for some time until I get around to using it again. Others are seasonal, such as the Halloween themed outfits. Those might be used during the Holiday or season then not used again until next year.