Make a way for returning/new players to rent a mount while they unlock the warclaw

freecarl.1320

@Terrahero.9358 said:Those who don't have it, not having a mount is a nightmare. You can't go anywhere alone because people with mounts will run you down easily. Even over great distance. Can't catch anyone that decides to run away yourself, they just mount up and off they go the moment they break combat for a fraction of a second. Can't keep up with your zerg so you arrive late everywhere and as a straggler are prone to get picked off.

As a casual player trying wvw for the first time, this was my initial impression. However I still managed to get the warclaw track done in less than a week of casual play (evenings only). Being forced into small engagements (and getting owned most of the time) also helped highlight how useless my casual (core) build was for wvw - might not have been the case if I'd just been able to ride straight from zerg to zerg from the start. (Now I've got the warclaw, I'm going to try to actually get some viable elite specs together before going back!).

Admittedly I was fortunate enough to run into some very helpful wvw vets, but I'd already completed a lot of the track by that point anyway. Unlocking gliding early helped too (irc you can do that almost immediately).