Cape Requests [merged]

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me, personally? Didn't wear them in Guild Wars, not really interested in them now.Regardless, here's a Dev quote:@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 replied:Capes are problematic. They are difficult to animate well. Especially when it comes to tails. I know we had them in GW1, but animations there were much less complicated, including not having the ability to jump.

• 4 months later...

It actually is sad that one of the most cooles cloth items didn't make it into GW2. I understand the issues about clipping stuff and charr. But compared to most backpieces and other stuff (I have backpieces and helmets disabled most of the time cause I want to see the head and on the back I want the armor no silly/funny styled backpiece) the capes really were cool in GW1 - which I just started to play. I made my 1 man guild and I like the cape.

I also guess that capes would probably look that cool ... that less people would want to buy other stuff from gem store for looks. So not good to make money. (Unless they sold capes for tons of gems.)

@Luthan.5236 said:It actually is sad that one of the most cooles cloth items didn't make it into GW2. I understand the issues about clipping stuff and charr. But compared to most backpieces and other stuff (I have backpieces and helmets disabled most of the time cause I want to see the head and on the back I want the armor no silly/funny styled backpiece) the capes really were cool in GW1 - which I just started to play. I made my 1 man guild and I like the cape.

I also guess that capes would probably look that cool ... that less people would want to buy other stuff from gem store for looks. So not good to make money. (Unless they sold capes for tons of gems.)

I doubt that's the problem. For a start they could solve that by selling capes in the gem store. But also there are plenty of people with no interest in capes who would continue using all the other back items instead. Honestly if it wasn't for the constant stream of threads asking for them on this forum I doubt I'd even have thought about the fact that the game doesn't have capes, it's not an item I've ever wanted my character to wear.

Yeah. But you can say the same for people that dislike back items. I mean ... I never had one enabled in all the time I played GW2. I use them for stats ... okay. But it does not look fun to go into a fight with too much garbage on the back. (Also: ArenaNet could just stop adding more back items - since people can just use the existing ones and there are already tons of them.)

Sometimes chars in this game looks like a walking clothes (instead of heroes looking to fight) store. But I guess it isn't possible in any other way - with this being the main source of income of ArenaNet.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"nth.5613" said:Was told to use the search function, and now I'm here! Putting my vote in for capes!

But did you read the thread? Check out this post:

That don't hold up since the Banners of Dynastic Reckoning is pretty much a cape of its own and works just fine