Necro Community thoughts on new GS.

dceptaconroy.7928

I thought it looked really awesome, and one of the animations made me think of GS3 on our ability list.

@"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:Meh, being waiting for a proper dark themed gs I guess I'll stay with Dark Harvest. Tbh I'm quite fed up with this trend of violet/yellow/blueish/cyan legendaries, they are boring and never fit a dark themed character.

I get what you're saying, for sure. If you're going for a certain look, most skins dont fit the theme. I feel like you can make a lot of things look darker with the rest of your appearance. I'm using the new glass GS (also axe and WH, and LB on my ranger), and it doesn't so much look dark, as it does "necrotic," or jus plain evil.

@Relious.1057 said:If you want the dark Themed Great sword. Def go for the Mad King Great sword. It's awesome for any dark themed Character.

Already have it along with all the dark theme gs in game. Still I'd like for Anet to go dark like they did with Binding of Ipos style instead of this flashy/cartoonish/ridicolous legendaries they put out

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:

@Relious.1057 said:If you want the dark Themed Great sword. Def go for the Mad King Great sword. It's awesome for any dark themed Character.

Already have it along with all the dark theme gs in game. Still I'd like for Anet to go dark like they did with Binding of Ipos style instead of this flashy/cartoonish/ridicolous legendaries they put out

Well. They do t have to design everything, so it fits to necromancers.

If you want a dark legendary go build twilight.

All materials prepared. Should have it day of release if all goes well.

I've had Sunrise for a long time but never much cared for it, Twilight or Eternity. I just like Legendary weapons so I got it for the sake of getting it.

The new one I don't love either, but I do like it better than the gen 1 greatswords. I'm actually very excited for it because this will be the first time I've prepared everything for day of release. It feels nice to know I basically already have it.

I was preparing for this GS for quite a while so I'm ready to get it done. I've got Eternity but was hoping for something other than a paddle. We got it, even though as mentioned it's very close to some BL skins fused with added effects. Now to rework my reapers colour scheme and theme to somehow work with it. Here's hoping we get some funky skill animations.

@"Relious.1057" said:If you want the dark Themed Great sword. Def go for the Mad King Great sword. It's awesome for any dark themed Character.Thank you. I had not noticed this skinset yet. Bought all the skins for the weapons a necro can use. I do even use the skins on my legendaries.

I am a big fan of black and white color combinations and therefor and regarding the necromancer's "death" theme the set looks awesome.

@topic:The new GS looks ugly and - if at all - fits more a mesmer or ele (if it could use it) - but that's just personal preference of course.