The Living World Season 4 finale, “War Eternal,” is coming to Guild Wars 2 next month!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Nice Greatsword.

Ugh. Another toy-colored, sci-fi shaped, oversized "thing" - that's no Greatsword to me, at least none worthy to be called that. :angry: But nothing new there. :/

The armor sets look horrible, too.

@DietPepsi.4371 said:I'm excited for the Dragon mount, and of course the new episode it's self. I'm also very interested in what the map may be.

Those are the (only) things I am looking forward to as well.

The greatsword looks like a missed opportunity, but I would like to have a better look before passing final judgment.

Somewhat disappointed in how revealing the new armor set is; the heavy and medium armor sets have a lot of gratuitous skin exposed.

The new mount looks very promising. That's the feature I'm the most hopeful about.

The mount looks awesome. The greatsword is...interesting, maybe? I'm a long way from considering gathering stuff for legendaries, so I'm not as focused on that.

I would kind of like to see an ascended ring/amulet/backpiece with this map, to wrap up what started in episode 2. Where the map itself winds up being intrigues me, as it's more to explore and fill in. I'm slightly excited for the story, albeit a good deal less than I was before episode 5. I'll see what the narrative team delivers, but I don't have great expectations.

@Blocki.4931 said:I expected a lot, but a mesmer-y GS was not one of those things! I don't mind though. Animations look gorgeous and even though it won't fit with the character that is going to use it I will cherish it and make it work.

New armor set is amazing too. That will look really good depending on dye channels.

it fits Exordium perfectly!

@blackheartgary.8605 said:

@"hugo.4705" said:Top level trailer, if the map shown is the new map, it looks like an archipelago or a coastal map. And VERY NICE ARMORS.0:24 holographic ground, asuran technology? Welp very intriguing as a trailer (in a good way) great job done here!

Very impatient to discover the new map but seems very cool all that water and verticality....Impossible to be in charr lands for me, clearly coastal: I'm hesitating between 3 locations:
aV7OGbB.jpg
1- South-east of rata sum2- South-east of mount maelstrom near desert highlands3- South-east of Domain of Istan Archipelago

would number 3 be considered the Issnur Isles?

Yup, number 3 is definitely Issnur Isles. That area would likely be too flat and sandy to match the videos though. Of course, verticality has been... maleable over these 250 years (Istan, Kourna, Jahai, most of PoF to be honest...)

I'm thinking area 2, it feels more green and mountainous.Area 1 seems too small for a Season 4 map.The area east of Elon Riverlands, as someone mentioned above, seems also possible.

I can't wait to get our new dragon friend and fly him around tyria! I think I'm slightly more excited about the dragon mount than the story right now. Riding a dragon in gw2 has been a dream of mine since mounts were introduced so very very excited. And I can't wait to see what's happening next story wise and how we may finally deal with kralkatorrik.

Mmmm I have to agree with a lot of people here that feel the GS is sort of similar to other models like shining blade and it's a bit--well im--too simplistic in it's futuristic sci-fi design. Mind you we haven't seen any footfalls yet I think? Or any lengthy combat.

It's definitely looks nice, but for me it falls under the category of a normal BLC skin price cost category. Eternity can sleep easy now, I shall still be wielding it. :)

I am a little hesitant on the pattern of adding more and more mounts. I am not sure about the reasoning behind the skyscale mount. Surely it could have been some addition/mastery point for the griffin? My hot keys for mount are already getting out of control, I understand we want strength+weaknesses for each mount but a new mount for a small niche may get to be too many imo. So I am on my flying griffin then dismount because there's a bit more vertical to go so I hope onto another flyer that can go a bit higher? I feel I'd rather just use my springer etc.

Can't wait to find play this episode, it's been a long wait since the last and I hope the final battle is epic!

@zealex.9410 said:

@Menadena.7482 said:May ... so today, right? Or will you make us wait until next Tuesday? :)

Next week is reserved for the world boss event, so May 14 would be the earliest, however May 21 would be their normal patch day.

Arent they having a meta-events event after the world boss one?

I believe the post/blog said a few weeks later.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Anela.3867" said:Thank you for the video! I'm very excited!!

I forgot to post the new short video we shared today, even though a lot of you probably already saw it. So here we go!

I mean, its basically the same trailer we saw a couple weeks backs but ehhh.

Because it was shared much earlier to Eurogamer, normally they planned to release it on May 1st. So basically it shows how amazingly transparent they are.

The greatsword is a nice design, but it's way too colourful for my tastes. It won't fit with any of my character looks in that sense. But the design itself is nicely doneThe new armour set looks interesting. I'll have to see it in-game but it looks better than the elegy stuff so farThe mount looks kinda cool too

So when this comes out I might just log in again.