Current Bunker Scrapper: Balanced or Unbalanced?

Adrop.1473

I remember the S1 or S2 bunker meta (1st season after HoT), I made a unique build (havent seen it being replicated while it was still able to be used) that would beat 2 bunker builds on 1 node. Took a bit of skill, however it did its job very well. Too bad it was nerfed to the point you can never do anything even relatively close again.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:Few play 'one shot builds'.Everything counters a one shot build.One shot builds take skill to play well.

Everyone and their mom is playing Scrapper.Only well played specific type of build effects scrappers.Scrapper doesn't take the most skill to play well.

one shot builds are much more common then bunkers.if you can see it coming, sure. altho there are ways to skew this in favor of the one shot (stealth, mobility, evades/invuln/block).it does not take skill to press 1 button lol, or even a sequence of buttons.

it does take skill to tank multiple people if those people aren't bad, but since there are multiple people then they probably are. their own fault, just like a one shot, except at least with bunker the fight lasts more then a few seconds.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:Bunker Firebrand

fb is a support class despite what metabattle says. it can bunker, but no one in their right mind would do that because it would be a huge waste. unless the off case the team wipes and the fb is simply waiting for the team to come back.

You're not changing my mind on this.

I've played bunker/support buildsAnd I've played Glass builds (there are no such thing as a one shot build, ever)Bunker builds are always easier, by a large margin. Bunk Scrap, MUCH more so.

I don't see counterplay 1v1 vs a mildly competent Bunk Scrap.

Bolded the relevant section. It's not a bunker if it can't survive a 1v1.

Also, prot holo is a better bunker IMO, but it takes way more skill to use than most other builds.

Spellbreaker and condimirage survive 1v1. They are not "bunkers". They both use a careful mix of kiting and active mitigation to survive. They don't literally squat on a node and facetank all damage. They're duelists. There is a difference between something that has a mix of defense and offense for 1v1s and something that puts all of its value into defense and is several times more difficult to put down as a result.

Well, yes, I wouldn't label scrapper as a duelist. It's a bunker. It's supposed to be hard to put down, but it can't do much else.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:Few play 'one shot builds'.Everything counters a one shot build.One shot builds take skill to play well.

Everyone and their mom is playing Scrapper.Only well played specific type of build effects scrappers.Scrapper doesn't take the most skill to play well.

one shot builds are much more common then bunkers.if you can see it coming, sure. altho there are ways to skew this in favor of the one shot (stealth, mobility, evades/invuln/block).it does not take skill to press 1 button lol, or even a sequence of buttons.

it does take skill to tank multiple people if those people aren't bad, but since there are multiple people then they probably are. their own fault, just like a one shot, except at least with bunker the fight lasts more then a few seconds.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:Bunker Firebrand

fb is a support class despite what metabattle says. it can bunker, but no one in their right mind would do that because it would be a huge waste. unless the off case the team wipes and the fb is simply waiting for the team to come back.

You're not changing my mind on this.

I've played bunker/support buildsAnd I've played Glass builds (there are no such thing as a one shot build, ever)Bunker builds are always easier, by a large margin. Bunk Scrap, MUCH more so.

I don't see counterplay 1v1 vs a mildly competent Bunk Scrap.

Bolded the relevant section. It's not a bunker if it can't survive a 1v1.

Also, prot holo is a better bunker IMO, but it takes way more skill to use than most other builds.

Prot holo- If it takes much more skill, that doesn't bother me. It doesn't take much skill at all to play a bunker scrap.

^Doesn't pertain to this conversation.

There are no such things as one shot builds. Everyone plays this scrapper $ h i kitten kitten kittenRandom player Ranked ScrapperRandom Player Ranked Zerk BuildWho goes farther in Rank?

And they take the same amount of skill? Git the Fudgecake out

/peace

A scrapper is entirely dependent on the behavior of their team and the enemy team. A smart enemy team will work around the scrapper, leaving it for last in teamfights, and ganking or ignoring it if it's by itself. The bunker scrapper's team, on the other hand, has to live with having the damage of only 4 people, putting it at a severe disadvantage in teamfights or ganks. Unlike Firebrand support, scrapper support is significantly more limited towards selfish sustain, which hurts its team.

Does it take less skill to play? Yeah, it does. But there are plenty of low-skill builds that can perform well, and aren't as sleep-inducing boring as playing a bunker scrapper.