How do you like the new exotic breed mount skins?

I'm not fond of RNG-based money making schemes. I would maybe be interested in buying a set of those mount skins if they came in a pack, like some of the packs we already got. But the current model (pay for a RNG chance to get one you may like or pay premium for the "right" to choose) doesn't really interest me.

I like to see some sets getting completed, like the Spirit set that my Norn Warrior is sporting. Also the Cosmic set. I find the Sand set to just be amusing as well as the Exalted set, but I'm not interested in either. I wasn't a fan of the Metal beetle, and the continuation of that set hasn't changed my mind. I enjoy getting more unique mounts for Jackal and Springer, but I'd like to see them in the other groups. At the same time, I'm much less impressed with the unique Raptor. I will still most likely use it.

My favorite skin from this license is definitely the skully Raptor, which I don't know the name of.

My favs are the T-rex raptor (I selected this one) & the Tiger springer. (but of course I got the Skunk springer [or whatever that animal is badger?] instead when gambling -__-)

not that am unhappy with badger springer, but i would have liked to get the tiger one first. eventually im gonna collect all 150 pokemon the mount skins XD

At first glance, I felt this group was unimaginative, and was going to pass. Now I've changed my mind a bit and kind of want them anyway. (On the other hand, I am broke-ish and it's very hard to justify the expense.) So call me middle of the road on this one.

BTW, am I the only one who looks at that Primordial beast and thinks, "Help, my raptor swallowed a greyhound!"?

The beetles and the tiger bunny are the ones that attract me most. I am always looking for exciting new raptor skins, but don't really care for the raptors in this set.

I'm using a third of them right now.

The ice griffon is used on my elementalist, since her theme is that all of her mounts are based off of icecream. This one in particular is Strawberry Banana.

I'm also using the metal Jackal on the same toon. Mostly because the flowing metal looks like ice cream if colored right. Much more than the ice themed jackal.

The Primeval griffon went on to my Necromancer, because it is spooky without being a generic skull pattern.

The starry beetle went on my mesmer to complete the theme

I like some of them. I don't think I'd have bought the whole pack even if I didn't have any other mount skins, and now I'm at the point where there's some being released which I like but I'm never going to get because they're too similar to ones I already have, but I still like them.

For example I think the Masked raptor is nice, but if I bought it I'd equip it on all the characters currently using the Lahtenda Bog Hunter, with basically the same dye scheme so it seems pointless to buy it. (I'm also happy to see it because it's the same model as the Canyon Spiketail, so if anyone really wants that model they've now got a non-RNG option.)

The only one I've got so far is the primeval griffon. I really like the primeval mounts, although they can be tricky to dye well if you don't want bright, contrasting colours (although they suit that approach better than most mounts and I think it can look good). I like using them on my norn characters to be 'spirit' mounts, and on other characters to be ghostly or elemental mounts. I'm hoping this 'set' gets finished eventually, we're only missing the raptor, skimmer and warclaw.

Others from this pack I like are the Primordial raptor and Vabbian Lightpaw jackal (not my thing but original), the Savannah Stripetail springer (prettiest of the 'normal' springers so far I think), and the starshell beetle, although I've been put off buying more space themed mounts by realising I'd never be able to get a matching set without buying the original RNG licences.

The Kournan Bright-Tail griffon is my favorite. Nice and simple, and it looks like it'll dye really well. In the absence of the Highlands Harrier (from the RNG-only pack), I'll think about getting this one if I ever have enough gems. I wanted a blue and white griffon for my guardian, and while I love the dye pattern of the Highlands Harrier...it's RNG-only, and I'm not about to waste thousands of gems trying to get one single skin. Oh well; the Kournan Bright-Tail looks really nice!

And I have to admit, while I personally would never use it, the Starshell beetle looks fantastic, especially the trail it leaves behind. That looks so cool.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"DietPepsi.4371" said:Really fond of the primordial Raptor. Am using it on my main at the moment. Her name is Moeno. =3

Im interested in any pics of players on that mount

I actually took one for my guild, because it looks like the rider weighs more than the mount does. Here you go.

qAfY66l.png

The Vabbian Lightpaw is my new favourite skin and the one i chose from the war eternal package. It made me set my jackal as a default mount for running around (until recently, i almost always used the raptor for normal travelling)

I really like the new primordial raptor too! :) I’m sure there were some others I liked, but that is the one that I picked. I must confess that I am rather puzzled as to how these sets are organized: They are not thematic, or all the primeval (for example) skins would be in one set. They could more accurately be called “Mount Set #1” etc. rather than “desert isles,” “exotic breeds,” etc. I suspect most players would have liked them to be grouped thematically but perhaps the devs wanted to release a greater variety each time and/or encourage more purchases of select licenses.

@Danikat.8537 said:I've been put off buying ...mounts by realising I'd never be able to get a matching set without buying the original RNG licences.Yeah, I'm very unlikely to invest even 400 gems the Original License pack, because the odds of getting something of little interest are higher. It's not worth it if I have no interest in getting the full set eventually.

@VDAC.2137 said:I really like the new primordial raptor too! :) I’m sure there were some others I liked, but that is the one that I picked. I must confess that I am rather puzzled as to how these sets are organized: They are not thematic, or all the primeval (for example) skins would be in one set. They could more accurately be called “Mount Set #1” etc. rather than “desert isles,” “exotic breeds,” etc. I suspect most players would have liked them to be grouped thematically but perhaps the devs wanted to release a greater variety each time and/or encourage more purchases of select licenses.

I suspect it's a bit of both. That at first they were just making a variety of mounts with different skins and effects and later on the artists decided to use the same 'theme' on different mounts. Having done that it seems obvious that some players (me for example) would buy select licences to complete a 'set' they really like, but I have to admit when I first saw the original adoption licence mounts it didn't occur to me that over time they might add more lightning or ice or space mounts. It was only once the second set came out that I began to see a pattern and hope it might eventually be completed.

The question is whether they'd sell more of them if matching skins were sold as a 2,000 (or 1,600) 5-pack....but then that comes back to the original point of maybe not thinking of making more until the original ones were released. Having released them in RNG/Select licence packs they run the risk of upsetting people who bought select licences to get the ones they like then find they could have waited and got them all for a lower price.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:I've been put off buying ...mounts by realising I'd never be able to get a matching set without buying the original RNG licences.Yeah, I'm very unlikely to invest even 400 gems the Original License pack, because the odds of getting something of little interest are higher. It's not worth it if I have no interest in getting the full set eventually.

If it was a question of spending 400 gems I would do it. The problem is having to spend up to 12,000 gems buying up to 30 licences to get the one I really want which puts me off. Especially as the number of skins I want from the original set has actually gone down. The big appeal of that pack for me was that it was the first time we got skins which looked like the original mounts but with 4 dye channels. Now I've got those from other packs so it would only be the few 'special' ones I'd want.