Are there any katana sword skins? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Are there any katana sword skins?

Title

Comments

• Kal Spiro.9745Kal Spiro.9745 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2019

Belinda's Sword is a straight up Katana. It's a Gem Shop Greatsword skin.
    If you're looking for a one hander the closest thing I know of is https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ceremonial_Sabre

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro - Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/NM |Daredevil|Ranger
    |Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist|Deadeye|Warrior
    |Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker|Weaver|Chronomancer|Soulbeast|Holosmith|Revenant

• Jest mentioning that though Belinda's Katana is 600 gems in the gem store, it is currently in the Black Lion Figurine shop for, if I remember correctly, 30 statuettes. The contents are bound to change when Eternal War gets released, so you probably have a few weeks, if you can scrape up enough statuettes.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

You can preview all the available weapon (and armour) skins by going to the bank and clicking on the wardrobe tab. Then you can use the Wiki to find out how skins are obtained.

(I recommend finding a few options and keeping an open mind, then checking how they're obtained, you might find your perfect skin is insanely expensive or virtually impossible to get but there's one which is almost as good and much, much easier. Of course you might also decide you're willing to do whatever it takes to get that perfect skin, but even then it might be nice to have one to use while you're working on it.)

"Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

• Mordrem saber is also very katana like, but fairly expensive

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:
    If you're looking for a one hander the closest thing I know of is https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ceremonial_Sabre

In before the inevitable argument about the definition of a "katana" vs other similar-styled swords.

• killermanjaro.5670killermanjaro.5670 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2019

I use two of these on my mesmer https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mordrem_Saber not a katana but they're the nearest thing I've found for the katana look I wanted.

The only actual katana (or katana style) I've seen is Belinda's Greatsword as others have linked, but I've not brought it as the animations for mesmer greatsword skills don't really work with it imo (in fact would be interested to know which classes, if any, where the animations actually look good/right with that skin? Have a ranger but I just don't think the GS skills on that work with it either)

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would love to see a one handed version of Belinda's greatsword added to the game.

• EdwinLi.1284EdwinLi.1284 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2, 2019

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

In before the inevitable argument about the definition of a "katana" vs other similar-styled swords.

Well i'm going to say it anyways... B)

Belinda's Sword is a Odachi and not a katana.
    Appearances may look the say but they are different swords as the Odachi is a longer and heavier sword made to be used for two-handed use as a Greatsword while katana should be much shorter to be used for one-handed or two-handed combat use but not as short as the Kodachi which is some times paired with a katana for a dual sword combat style due to the kodachi's length being more closer to a dagger.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.