edited

Find a roaming guild, or at least one thats into PvP of some sort. Find the players in that guild that are known for maining a class you want to learn. Go to guild hall area and fight them while in voice coms, after each fight, ask what you could have done to do more dmg to them or have avoided their burst, also ask what you did do that might have caught them off guard or what they didn't counter. This takes lots of work, but is the best way to understand what is going on without distractions in out numbered fights in WvW or worrying about other things going on and lets you focus on understanding animations and cast times etc etc. Once you start winning fights, it's time to ask for their build or a suggested build and play it when fighting someone else in the area, learning rotations, spikes and your "oh shit" buttons.

Once you are there, ask to go roaming with them so you learn positioning, and use of terrain for that class, as all classes interact with terrain in different ways. Example being on Mirage backing up to a cliff or wall of one of the south camps could be a good thing as you could use it as an escape to blink on top, while doing that on another class without a ground targeted port can get you in trouble as you have no way to LOS the other player, which is fine if you already out skill them or are running a hard counter build, however that should never be depended on. Roaming does have lots to do with knowing your class well, but it also has just as much to do with knowing the terrain and what can be done with it.

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:Find a roaming guild, or at least one thats into PvP of some sort. Find the players in that guild that are known for maining a class you want to learn. Go to guild hall area and fight them while in voice coms, after each fight, ask what you could have done to do more dmg to them or have avoided their burst, also ask what you did do that might have caught them off guard or what they didn't counter. This takes lots of work, but is the best way to understand what is going on without distractions in out numbered fights in WvW or worrying about other things going on and lets you focus on understanding animations and cast times etc etc. Once you start winning fights, it's time to ask for their build or a suggested build and play it when fighting someone else in the area, learning rotations, spikes and your "oh kitten" buttons.

Once you are there, ask to go roaming with them so you learn positioning, and use of terrain for that class, as all classes interact with terrain in different ways. Example being on Mirage backing up to a cliff or wall of one of the south camps could be a good thing as you could use it as an escape to blink on top, while doing that on another class without a ground targeted port can get you in trouble as you have no way to LOS the other player, which is fine if you already out skill them or are running a hard counter build, however that should never be depended on. Roaming does have lots to do with knowing your class well, but it also has just as much to do with knowing the terrain and what can be done with it.

Yes thats how I learned mirage actually :) I will definitely ask around my roaming guilds.

@Nox.6785 said:

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:Find a roaming guild, or at least one thats into PvP of some sort. Find the players in that guild that are known for maining a class you want to learn. Go to guild hall area and fight them while in voice coms, after each fight, ask what you could have done to do more dmg to them or have avoided their burst, also ask what you did do that might have caught them off guard or what they didn't counter. This takes lots of work, but is the best way to understand what is going on without distractions in out numbered fights in WvW or worrying about other things going on and lets you focus on understanding animations and cast times etc etc. Once you start winning fights, it's time to ask for their build or a suggested build and play it when fighting someone else in the area, learning rotations, spikes and your "oh kitten" buttons.

Yes thats how I learned mirage actually :) I will definitely ask around my roaming guilds.

I would suggest doing the same for the others. It's slow and takes lots of hours, but it's how it's done. Also, the more classes you learn, the easier it is to play any class. As you start to know and understand what each class can do and how their rotations work and the tells on bursts. Learning other classes can actually make you better at your main class in many ways.

@chaosdurza.3291 said:What class do you want to learn? And what skill level are you hoping to get to with it?

Eyeing Thief either D/P or core S/D and Dagger/Shield and GS Spellbreak (isnt it supposed to be super easy? lol)

I just want to be able to roam and win a few duels here and there really. And not be bottom fragger in sPvP.

I’m not top tier by any means, but I have gotten to low-mid plat as spellbreaker and usually win 1v1 or 1v2 in WvW. Be happy to give you a few pointers if you’d like. Ive mained warrior and engineer since game launch.

Can’t help with thief unfortunately. That is one class I have managed to be consistently horrible with lol.