Thanks for the purple mask, but....

@Trise.2865 said:Fix your settings. It's perfectly purple.

I was wondering if anyone was going to bring up the monitor. If you can, try viewing it from a different monitor make/model. All monitors present colors ever so slightly differently, it's possible yours is just adding a bit more red than should be the case.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a pretty close match for the purple dye in-game.

Admittedly I rarely use that on my main character who wears a lot of 'purple' - orchid and indigo are probably the dyes I use most on her, but that's because I prefer the blue end of the purple range to the red end.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:[...]https://digitalsynopsis.com/design/color-thesaurus-correct-names-of-shades/

It could help in identifying other colors in the game. I also heard that you could take the picture into any graphics software and use the color picker tool to figure out it’s RGB and color name.

Thank you for the link, really usefull :)And yeah.. we can see there that magenta (i still think the mask is closest to the ingame magenta than any other dye) belongs as well to the purple as to the pink shades. Probably the pinkest (if there is such a word) shade among the other purples but still.... It's the edge where pink ends and purple begins (or vice versa) and might also explain why someone defines it as pink and someone else as purple.

Jeeesshhh OP, please be a little appreciative the item is free after all.No one is forcing you to wear it.If you don't like free stuff, don't signup for it.Topics like these will make ArenaNet think twice before giving anyone free stuff again.

PS. Thank you Anet i received mine yesterday.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Hmm, I must look into this again. I could have sworn i saw it was US only

No, it was not. It's too late for you now anyway.

@Chay.7852 said:Maybe its the different graphic settings - on everything max/ultra settings its magenta

Doubtful. It is likely the OP's improper monitor calibration. They are probably running on 100% brightness and don't have the colors adjusted properly, either.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Hmm, I must look into this again. I could have sworn i saw it was US only

No, it was not. It's too late for you now anyway.

Thank you for letting me know its too late to get it

Sorry. The deadline was April 29: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/check-your-newsletter-preferences-and-get-a-free-glowing-purple-mask/

@Chay.7852 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:[...]

It could help in identifying other colors in the game. I also heard that you could take the picture into any graphics software and use the color picker tool to figure out it’s RGB and color name.

Thank you for the link, really usefull :)And yeah.. we can see there that magenta (i still think the mask is closest to the ingame magenta than any other dye) belongs as well to the purple as to the pink shades. Probably the pinkest (if there is such a word) shade among the other purples but still.... It's the edge where pink ends and purple begins (or vice versa) and might also explain why someone defines it as pink and someone else as purple.

The closest match is not magenta but bloodstone indigo (you can see it best on exalted shoulders wich have the same glowy aura). May differ on clothes that aren't shiny though (and differ between armor weights then ofc) but still fits.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Wish it was available outside US

I thought the purple mask was available everywhere - you just had to sign up for the newsletter to get it. (I can't log in to check for another few hours, but the announcement certainly made it sound like it was world-wide.)

It was the dragon t-shirt outfit promotion which was exclusive to the US.

Hmm, I must look into this again. I could have sworn i saw it was US only

Nope, I got mine and I am outside of the US.