2v2? 3v3?

I know this topic has been brought up in the past however the earliest thing I see relative to my question is from 2017/early 2018.

Will we ever get a full-time ranked and unranked 2v2 / 3v3 mode, etc.? I've seen that there has been tournaments/events for it in the past, but anything permanent?

( I know you can do a custom games, but that's not what I'm talking about )

Thanks!

@"Mbelch.9028" said:Probably not. Which is sad.

Maybe on-demand 2v2 tourneys, but that's about it.

How would an "on-demand" 2v2 tourney work? That could potentially be an interesting concept...

Unfortunate that they haven't taken the route to a 2v2 mode... I feel like it's a favorite for a lot of people..

I guess the argument could be made that it would slow queue time for other PvP modes like conquest? Idk.

How hard would it be just to implement 2v2, 3v3 it as in casual unranked option?Seriously. Stop trying so hard to make things about spending gems or gold for customs mods before you actually have a player base getting into it.The powers at be always go about it upside down. Instead of just waiting for a player base interest to peek up & make that new game mode popular. They stick out the carrot & tell's you the catch after it comes out. Result everybody is disappointed. Just do it & give it for free. Once popularity is build up, then you come out with gold or gem custom game mods. How kitten hard is to understand that?

@Vieux P.1238 said:How hard would it be just to implement 2v2, 3v3 it as in casual unranked option?Seriously. Stop trying so hard to make things about spending gems or gold for customs mods before you actually have a player base getting into it.The powers at be always go about it upside down. Instead of just waiting for a player base interest to peek up & make that new game mode popular. They stick out the carrot & tell's you the catch after it comes out. Result everybody is disappointed. Just do it & give it for free. Once popularity is build up, then you come out with gold or gem custom game mods. How kitten hard is to understand that?

I agree with you.

It's kind of baffling how the Dwayna's Duo 2v2 tournament was one of the biggest events in the PvP community and community interest and participation in PvP skyrocketed during that time and yet Anet never added unranked 2v2s and didn't enable 2v2's as permanent thing in the Automated Tournament panel.

It's kind of baffling how the Dwayna's Duo 2v2 tournament was one of the biggest events in the PvP community and community interest and participation in PvP skyrocketed during that time and yet Anet never added unranked 2v2s and didn't enable 2v2's as permanent thing in the Automated Tournament panel.

Yeah it doesn't make any sense, because I know for a fact that 2v2's are popular in general for the gaming community as a whole.

That's why I assumed the only logical argument that could be made (at least from what I've thought of) is that it would slow queue times for the current PvP modes. Maybe they don't think the GW2 PvP community is big enough to have too many game modes?

Idk, I think 2v2 would be a great addition to the game.

Hush money givers. Just accept the craptastic pvp with 5v5 circlequest forever in gw2.

If they start with 2v2 or any sort of game mode other then 5v5 circlequest then no one will ever play it again and all the work and time on circlequest maps will be wasted.

It could have been the most popular even in years for all of gw2 but still wouldn't change their minds for a 2v2 ranked unranked or constant tournament.

We get 5v5 circlequest and flashy buyable cash items. Nothing more.

2v2 is way more simple and straightforward than 5v5's. It promotes build diversity and mechanical skill much more than rotational skill. I strongly recommend ArenaNet introduce 2v2's in multiple facets of PvP in GW2 as it could potentially spur an influx of willing, new PvPers. Let's admit that Conquest can be too difficult for the average player.

While 2v2 is okay for special tourney, for general consumption, it will not work. The balance is already bad as is and it is organized around 5v5. Most builds would not work in 2v2. In addition, this will split the PvP que which is already slow.

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:2v2 is way more simple and straightforward than 5v5's. It promotes build diversity and mechanical skill much more than rotational skill. I strongly recommend ArenaNet introduce 2v2's in multiple facets of PvP in GW2 as it could potentially spur an influx of willing, new PvPers. Let's admit that Conquest can be too difficult for the average player.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy playing Conquest, but I think you hit the nail on the head with this post. 2v2 will certainly bring in a lot more new PvPers if it was to be added. I think it will add a whole new playstyle/build style to the game as well, and it would be focused more on skill and game mechanics over rotational skills and understanding.

@otto.5684 said:While 2v2 is okay for special tourney, for general consumption, it will not work. The balance is already bad as is and it is organized around 5v5. Most builds would not work in 2v2. In addition, this will split the PvP que which is already slow.

I think it should AT LEAST be tested as an unranked game mode for the time being, to test the waters and see how it works. I don't find queue times in unranked to take very long. About a minuet most of the time. If anything, I feel like many players who would've normally not played much PvP, might get interested with this new game mode. Like @mortrialus.3062 said.

@otto.5684 said:While 2v2 is okay for special tourney, for general consumption, it will not work. The balance is already bad as is and it is organized around 5v5. Most builds would not work in 2v2. In addition, this will split the PvP que which is already slow.They could do codex skills for 2v2 3v3 so you will get bucket of skills to pick from or they could add several premade builds for each profession.

@otto.5684 said:While 2v2 is okay for special tourney, for general consumption, it will not work. The balance is already bad as is and it is organized around 5v5. Most builds would not work in 2v2. In addition, this will split the PvP que which is already slow.

balance will always be bad according to forumsits organized around 3 capture pointsmost builds would work or be adjusted to workthe q time isn't that bad, takes a couple minutes most times

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:This. Balance isn't actually horrible right now. There's always room for improvement in all facets, but the game isn't bad balance wise right now.

I think most of the complaints come from facing off against a good player on a meta build or facing a hard counter. definitely some legitimate wonky skills out there though.

I agree, someone always finds a way to complain when they get outplayed. Reminds me of a comment @"Turkeyspit.3965" made on this discussion post:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/908822#Comment_908822