Defending More Frustrating Than Fun

binidj.5734

@Timelord.8190 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Attackers will always have the advantage. The only advantage defenders ever get is delay, which is no advantage at all unless ppl respond. The prob is attackers are too lazy to actually siege, they just wan the ktrain . . .

This is just wrong. If the attackers don't build siege you should have an even higher chance of defending.

Delay is an advantage no matter if people respond or not. That's up to your server. The game shouldn't adapt after players who are not good at defending. The game was already stale when the only time to take enemy keeps is when the enemy is not there.The defenders got all of the advantages. They got chilling fog, sieges, keep aura, closest spawn, emergency waypoint, more supply to build siege and sige that is already built. 1 min immortality on the wall/gates. You can place supply traps and treb cows that drain supply. If you can't defend with all that, it's your server's fault. Stop blaming the game for your bad defending capability. The defender's advantage is still too high.

Lol, blobber spotted.

@Timelord.8190 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Attackers will always have the advantage. The only advantage defenders ever get is delay, which is no advantage at all unless ppl respond. The prob is attackers are too lazy to actually siege, they just wan the ktrain . . .

This is just wrong. If the attackers don't build siege you should have an even higher chance of defending.Building siege is not the same thing as laying siege . It is not reasonable to expect to flip a defended structure bc you built a cata . . .Delay is an advantage no matter if people respond or not. That's up to your server. The game shouldn't adapt after players who are not good at defending.No, without response delay is only an advantage vs. a weak attack. If the attackers give up and go home after a few ticks that's on them. Don't expect the game to adapt to a poor offensive strategy . . .The game was already stale when the only time to take enemy keeps is when the enemy is not there.This is certainly true and I believe it is why the change was made to gate/wall defense, which has worked to achieve the goal of more active maps. But that doesn't mean there were not capable zergs with effective commanders who could flip defended, tiered structures before the nerf, it just means the rules have been changed to accommodate the lazier masses . . .The defenders got all of the advantages. They got chilling fog, sieges, keep aura, closest spawn, emergency waypoint, more supply to build siege and sige that is already built. 1 min immortality on the wall/gates. You can place supply traps and treb cows that drain supply. If you can't defend with all that, it's your server's fault. Stop blaming the game for your bad defending capability. The defender's advantage is still too high.

Defenders are surrounded with very limited access to sups and reinforcements UNLESS the attackers are too weak at pvp to prevent those sups and reinforcements from gaining entry, in which case they do not deserve to flip the structure. Don't blame the game for failure to win with a 'press one' -- or in this case I guess 'press two' -- offensive strategy. Literally the only way the attackers lose is if the defenders are better at pvp or the attackers give up . . .

@Straegen.2938 said:Defending is mostly pointless. Low reward and exceedingly difficult out gunned. Better to back-cap and get far more rewards. The only thing worth defending is a convenient way point and with Warclaw that is marginal.

Nah, defending is as fun as you make it. I always test myself to see how many people I can down/kill before they break through...kind of a personal challenge.

@Straegen.2938 said:Defending is mostly pointless. Low reward and exceedingly difficult out gunned. Better to back-cap and get far more rewards. The only thing worth defending is a convenient way point and with Warclaw that is marginal.

Fighting inside structures is the most fun of defending. Using the building for you and try sneak their back, and turn to other low foes is what makes defending fun to me.I am not a big fan of the desert BL but I do like the air keep in it, there is so much room for sneak attacks that makes it stand out compared to the rest of the BL.

Alpine Hills is the most boring, garri and Bay are also a lot of fun to defend.

This I can agree with: If it's not fun, don't do it. But I would say that goes for everything else in the game as well pretty much . . .

And for me, letting someone flip my structure so I can flip it back is the opposite of fun . . .

I disagree 100%.

Defending is way more fun than attacking enemies and trying to pvdoor under arrow cart rain.

With defending you get the satisfaction of absolutely destroying the filthy ppters, and use terrain to your maximum advantage (gliding etc).With attacking, you seek fights, but with defending, the fights come to you. How generous of the enemy to deliver bags right?

@TheBravery.9615 said:I disagree 100%.

Defending is way more fun than attacking enemies and trying to pvdoor under arrow cart rain.

With defending you get the satisfaction of absolutely destroying the filthy ppters, and use terrain to your maximum advantage (gliding etc).With attacking, you seek fights, but with defending, the fights come to you. How generous of the enemy to deliver bags right?

You defend against An attacking force and you on siegeYet they ppt?

That's some...eccentic statement

The k-trainers who wanted easier objectives have the ear of Anet. Expect even more changes favoring the zerg in the near future.

The ganker lobby has Anet's ear and always had. I think you know this and it's part of your psychological strategy to make Anet assist the gankers more thank k-trainers.

I wonder if their heads are exploding yet...