A way of cancelling casts?

Tinker.6924

New player here...Is there a way to cancel your casts?I often cast something with a long cast time and CD and realize the instant after it starts that it was the wrong thing to do and want to stop myself without triggering the CD, but there doesn't seem to be a built in mechanism for that. Hitting ESC doesn't seem to work and results in the game menu showing (very annoying in combat).

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:New player here...Is there a way to cancel your casts?I often cast something with a long cast time and CD and realize the instant after it starts that it was the wrong thing to do and want to stop myself without triggering the CD, but there doesn't seem to be a built in mechanism for that. Hitting ESC doesn't seem to work and results in the game menu showing (very annoying in combat).

Weapon stow, if you self interrupt the cd will only be 3-4 seconds. This is pretty important to learn and once you get used to it, you can use it to shave off aftercasts too. You can also use it to fake out defensive abilities too.