What do we want the future elite specs to be? (We all know there coming)

MonkeyDo.6418

Personally I think we should get a dual warhorn thief called the Whistleblower, and the Whistleblower would focus mostly on self-preservation and giving the plain annoying conditions such as Blindness and Cripple. Oh, and the Whistleblower wouldn't have any actual attacks because skills 1 through 0 would either be boons and some healing galore or Blindness and Cripple galore. Yay, no damage dealt or received! ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadow Caster: A thief e-spec that replace stealth by "shadow", rely heavily on reveal as both personnal buff and foes debuff. (while in "shadow" the thief is visible and thus lose access to the stealth attack however reveal do not prevent him from entering in shadow). With the "stealth" traits from shadow art, shadow could become a very interesting buff for a resilient thief while capitalizing on reveal as both personnal buff and foes debuff could open some possibility of a thief less bursty but doing good sustain damage

Witherer: A necromancer "dodge" e-spec that focus on draining foes' endurance instead of dodging (in PvE, this effect would deal damage to the breakbar).

Legionnaire: A warrior that replace it's burst by chorus based on the off-hand or 2 handed weapon they wield, main hand gun as weapon (the closest weapon to GW1 paragon's javelin) and a chant/aria on F2 giving bonus each time you launch a chorus based on how you trait.

Hunter: A revenant e-spec based on norn background (semi-animal transform on F2). Idealy it would involve axe main hand and the Owl as a legend.

Pharmacist: An Engineer e-spec that use drug implant to mimic other profession's signets.

Exorcist: A guardian e-spec using dual guns or riffle with a focus on self buff instead of party/raid wide buffs.

Minstrel: A mesmer e-spec whose shatter skills are replaced by channeled "songs" with different effects (duration of the channeling effect based on the number of clones dissipated)

Archonte: An elementalist e-spec with a magic transform that hide it's HP bar (a lot like the necromancer's shroud). It would build it's ressource by switching element, Skills of the transform would basically be arcane skills able to add effect from the current attunment if traited.

Hivemaster: A ranger's e-spec that replace the pet by a set of swarm that are "determined" (invuln to damage) but deal next to no damage. F2 passively buff the hivemaster like a signet, focus or shield as weapon and a set of insects (minions) as utility. Utilities like weapons are optionnal in an e-spec build so the swarm would already be good enough material to create a ranger's zerg build.

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

We all know they 're coming.
"

I don't.

Didn't the devs say at one point they would be releasing especs outside of an expansion?

Mike Z mentioned "expansion-like features" for LS but nothing specific about elite specs. It would be cool if that's true, do you remember where that was?

No, I've just seen it mentioned in a few threads by other players, which could, more than likely, be people reading into things, mixed with other, such as myself, parroting back misinformation. I guess we all hope, right? I know some don't like the balancing issues new especs bring, but I love getting new styles, and weapons to try out. I'm also not one for doing competitive, or cutting edge content. I still roll LB/GS on my DH, and do better with that than I do with other weapon sets.

Thief "Bard" spec that excels at team support and 1v1. Thematically the best weapon for this would probably be focus but really I would be happy with any one-handed weapon to grow more on the thief's dual wield skills. It seems to me though they might be avoiding to have to expand the dual wield skills because that would require even more development time on top of the e-spec. If I had to pick a two handed I would say hammer fits the support role better but a hammer thief just sounds silly and a GS support thief equally as much.

@"Zexanima.7851" said:Thief "Bard" spec that excels at team support and 1v1. Thematically the best weapon for this would probably be focus but really I would be happy with any one-handed weapon to grow more on the thief's dual wield skills. It seems to me though they might be avoiding to have to expand the dual wield skills because that would require even more development time on top of the e-spec. If I had to pick a two handed I would say hammer fits the support role better but a hammer thief just sounds silly and a GS support thief equally as much.

bard sounds more like a mesmer thing then thief

@derd.6413 said:

@"Zexanima.7851" said:Thief "Bard" spec that excels at team support and 1v1. Thematically the best weapon for this would probably be focus but really I would be happy with any one-handed weapon to grow more on the thief's dual wield skills. It seems to me though they might be avoiding to have to expand the dual wield skills because that would require even more development time on top of the e-spec. If I had to pick a two handed I would say hammer fits the support role better but a hammer thief just sounds silly and a GS support thief equally as much.

bard sounds more like a mesmer thing then thief

True, it was just the quickest thing to pop into my head. I'm not really sure what theme would fit the idea best. Tactician? Saboteur? Not sure really.

Occultist: A necromancer elite spec focused around using demonic magic; and transforming into one's inner demon that changes based on the traits chosen by the player. (One would have wings and be more stero-typical, hyrbid builds?. One would be more bulky and be more tanky/group support and the final one would be more baal looking from diablo very spooky and full of condi.) New weapon, Sword. (Sends ranged slashes out at foes, think sephiroth.)

Eldritch Harbinger: A messmer eliet spec focused on summoning eldritch horrors to the field, whom attack and then vanish causing nightmares and hysteria as the whispers from the depths drive those who face the Harbinger mad. New Condition, madness which causes the user to be driven mad and cause hysteria within their ranks causing them to attack one another. New weapon Trident on land. (A different long range weapon unlike staff, that can go either direction for builds.)

The Corrupted: A revenant elite spec allowing the user to embrace the power of the norn bear; using the destructive nature of Svanir they battle foes and rush into battle with their mighty great-sword. They must balance between jora and Svanir in an never ending battle for supremacy within; And when they are overwhelmed they take the form of the norn-bear and become an unstoppable force of destruction through natures perversion.

The Shaper: An elementalist elite spec focused on using the elemental power of our world infused with ley-line energy, call forth the elemental aspects and deal damage as a front line tank. New weapon Mace + Shield. (Primarily a group utility character, to rival the chrono)

The wanderer: Ranger eliet spec focused on summoning wicker creatures to attack your foes; As well infuse your pet to be more powerful and become you're saving grace as you use nature energy to protect yourself. Sharing aggro between you and your pet you become a natural bastion, using nature magic in new and creatively destructive ways. Your wicker beasts roam in a back as your pet leads the charge; Together you face down the hordes of enemies who would see you dead. New weapon Scepter + Shield. (Another tanky character, as we only really have chrono who is "Designed" to be a tank atm.)

Steam-mancer: Engineer eliet spec focused on maintaining steam creatures; They rush in and do damage only to self destruct once the time is up. New weapon Dual Daggers. Their focus would be hard burst damage, with overwhelming expendable odds.

Lightbringer: A guardian eliet spec focused around smiting and going back to more their monk roots. Their weapon of choice would be Dagger + Warhorn, they buff and call forth the power of the light and life to heal and deal damage to enemies. Their healing is directly tied to the damage they deal; The more damage they inflict the more they will heal (A call back to perhaps the 55 builds of guild wars one.)

The Dervish: A Warrior elite spec focused around calling forth the power of the dragons to fight fire with fire; Use the once ancient magics to endow yourself with the natural energies of the enemy. New weapon Scepter + Focus. The scepter would focus like a flail and would make you more of a blackguard like character; You would focus you're utilities on taking on the appearance to some extent of the dragons you call forth. Rather than the gods who have abandoned you, you call upon your hated foe and that hatred only makes the power you use from them all the more potent.

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:

1. Occultist: A necromancer elite spec focused around using demonic magic; and transforming into one's inner demon that changes based on the traits chosen by the player. (One would have wings and be more stero-typical, hyrbid builds?. One would be more bulky and be more tanky/group support and the final one would be more baal looking from diablo very spooky and full of condi.) New weapon, Sword. (Sends ranged slashes out at foes, think sephiroth.)
  2. Eldritch Harbinger: A messmer eliet spec focused on summoning eldritch horrors to the field, whom attack and then vanish causing nightmares and hysteria as the whispers from the depths drive those who face the Harbinger mad. New Condition, madness which causes the user to be driven mad and cause hysteria within their ranks causing them to attack one another. New weapon Trident on land. (A different long range weapon unlike staff, that can go either direction for builds.)
  3. The Corrupted: A revenant elite spec allowing the user to embrace the power of the norn bear; using the destructive nature of Svanir they battle foes and rush into battle with their mighty great-sword. They must balance between jora and Svanir in an never ending battle for supremacy within; And when they are overwhelmed they take the form of the norn-bear and become an unstoppable force of destruction through natures perversion.
  4. The Shaper: An elementalist elite spec focused on using the elemental power of our world infused with ley-line energy, call forth the elemental aspects and deal damage as a front line tank. New weapon Mace + Shield. (Primarily a group utility character, to rival the chrono)
  5. The wanderer: Ranger eliet spec focused on summoning wicker creatures to attack your foes; As well infuse your pet to be more powerful and become you're saving grace as you use nature energy to protect yourself. Sharing aggro between you and your pet you become a natural bastion, using nature magic in new and creatively destructive ways. Your wicker beasts roam in a back as your pet leads the charge; Together you face down the hordes of enemies who would see you dead. New weapon Scepter + Shield. (Another tanky character, as we only really have chrono who is "Designed" to be a tank atm.)
  6. Steam-mancer: Engineer eliet spec focused on maintaining steam creatures; They rush in and do damage only to self destruct once the time is up. New weapon Dual Daggers. Their focus would be hard burst damage, with overwhelming expendable odds.
  7. Lightbringer: A guardian eliet spec focused around smiting and going back to more their monk roots. Their weapon of choice would be Dagger + Warhorn, they buff and call forth the power of the light and life to heal and deal damage to enemies. Their healing is directly tied to the damage they deal; The more damage they inflict the more they will heal (A call back to perhaps the 55 builds of guild wars one.)
  8. The Dervish: A Warrior elite spec focused around calling forth the power of the dragons to fight fire with fire; Use the once ancient magics to endow yourself with the natural energies of the enemy. New weapon Scepter + Focus. The scepter would focus like a flail and would make you more of a blackguard like character; You would focus you're utilities on taking on the appearance to some extent of the dragons you call forth. Rather than the gods who have abandoned you, you call upon your hated foe and that hatred only makes the power you use from them all the more potent.

Duck thief, right? =D

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:
  1. Occultist: A necromancer elite spec focused around using demonic magic; and transforming into one's inner demon that changes based on the traits chosen by the player. (One would have wings and be more stero-typical, hyrbid builds?. One would be more bulky and be more tanky/group support and the final one would be more baal looking from diablo very spooky and full of condi.) New weapon, Sword. (Sends ranged slashes out at foes, think sephiroth.)
  2. Eldritch Harbinger: A messmer eliet spec focused on summoning eldritch horrors to the field, whom attack and then vanish causing nightmares and hysteria as the whispers from the depths drive those who face the Harbinger mad.
    New
    Condition, madness which causes the user to be driven mad and cause hysteria within their ranks causing them to attack one another. New weapon Trident on land. (A different long range weapon unlike staff, that can go either direction for builds.)
  3. The Corrupted: A revenant elite spec allowing the user to embrace the power of the norn bear; using the destructive nature of Svanir they battle foes and rush into battle with their mighty great-sword. They must balance between jora and Svanir in an never ending battle for supremacy within; And when they are overwhelmed they take the form of the norn-bear and become an unstoppable force of destruction through natures perversion.
  4. The Shaper: An elementalist elite spec focused on using the elemental power of our world infused with ley-line energy, call forth the elemental aspects and deal damage as a front line tank. New weapon Mace + Shield. (Primarily a group utility character, to rival the chrono)
  5. The wanderer: Ranger eliet spec focused on summoning wicker creatures to attack your foes; As well infuse your pet to be more powerful and become you're saving grace as you use nature energy to protect yourself. Sharing aggro between you and your pet you become a natural bastion, using nature magic in new and creatively destructive ways. Your wicker beasts roam in a back as your pet leads the charge; Together you face down the hordes of enemies who would see you dead. New weapon Scepter + Shield. (Another tanky character, as we only really have chrono who is "Designed" to be a tank atm.)
  6. Steam-mancer: Engineer eliet spec focused on maintaining steam creatures; They rush in and do damage only to self destruct once the time is up. New weapon Dual Daggers. Their focus would be hard burst damage, with overwhelming expendable odds.
  7. Lightbringer: A guardian eliet spec focused around smiting and going back to more their monk roots. Their weapon of choice would be Dagger + Warhorn, they buff and call forth the power of the light and life to heal and deal damage to enemies. Their healing is directly tied to the damage they deal; The more damage they inflict the more they will heal (A call back to perhaps the 55 builds of guild wars one.)
  8. The Dervish: A Warrior elite spec focused around calling forth the power of the dragons to fight fire with fire; Use the once ancient magics to endow yourself with the natural energies of the enemy. New weapon Scepter + Focus. The scepter would focus like a flail and would make you more of a blackguard like character; You would focus you're utilities on taking on the appearance to some extent of the dragons you call forth. Rather than the gods who have abandoned you, you call upon your hated foe and that hatred only makes the power you use from them all the more potent.

Duck thief, right? =D

what about Darkwing Duck?

1. Reaver: Thief Eliet spec, focused on brawling and staying a fight longer through their tenacity and hateful intent. Loosing stealth and dodge; You gain a ton of lifesteal and hard cc. You're weapon would be Ax +shield, and you use shield in offensive shield slams as your ax is used for disarms and punishing counters. Steal becomes "Nice try." Where you block the next incoming attack and then hit the enemy with all of your hatred; Causing them to be cc'd and have torment applied to them along with vulnerability. (This spec is a hard condi thief build.)

There Sorry I forgot thief, Hope that is satisfactory.> @derd.6413 said:

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:
  2. Eldritch Harbinger: A messmer eliet spec focused on summoning eldritch horrors to the field, whom attack and then vanish causing nightmares and hysteria as the whispers from the depths drive those who face the Harbinger mad.
    New
    Condition, madness which causes the user to be driven mad and cause hysteria within their ranks causing them to attack one another. New weapon Trident on land. (A different long range weapon unlike staff, that can go either direction for builds.)

Duck thief, right? =D

what about Darkwing Duck?

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:
    New

Duck thief, right? =D

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:

1. Steam-mancer: Engineer eliet spec focused on maintaining steam creatures; They rush in and do damage only to self destruct once the time is up. New weapon Dual Daggers. Their focus would be hard burst damage, with overwhelming expendable odds.

Dear god, no more AI utility skills for engineer, PLEASE. Turrets have been trashed, gyros have finally been removed as AI... don't repeat the same mistake a third time.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:
  1. Steam-mancer: Engineer eliet spec focused on maintaining steam creatures; They rush in and do damage only to self destruct once the time is up. New weapon Dual Daggers. Their focus would be hard burst damage, with overwhelming expendable odds.

Dear god, no more AI utility skills for engineer, PLEASE. Turrets have been trashed, gyros have finally been removed as AI... don't repeat the same mistake a third time.

The idea is more akin to Eso's necro, you summon it and it has a beneficial effect. Example you summon one who heals; Alright but it can't be killed or harmed and it merely exists for a short time offering you a sizable benefit. Perhaps one can run forward and Explode in like a form of Kamikaze, they could also have one who reflects projectiles from a specific enemy forcing them to change targets from you to someone else.

Maybe one that does a hard cc then explodes; The idea is that they are expendable and self detonate once their task is done. They kind of act like mobile bombs who chase their enemy down and collide to do damage (Steam-punk version of the mushroom caps from HoT but when they dive they die.)

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

The idea is more akin to Eso's necro, you summon it and it has a beneficial effect. Example you summon one who heals; Alright but it can't be killed or harmed and it merely exists for a short time offering you a sizable benefit. Perhaps one can run forward and Explode in like a form of Kamikaze, they could also have one who reflects projectiles from a specific enemy forcing them to change targets from you to someone else.

Maybe one that does a hard cc then explodes; The idea is that they are expendable and self detonate once their task is done. They kind of act like mobile bombs who chase their enemy down and collide to do damage (Steam-punk version of the mushroom caps from HoT but when they dive they die.)

That's what the blast gyro did. Was not particularly good at it.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

That's what the blast gyro did. Was not particularly good at it.

Well if they focused a Kit around it; Then im sure they would be able to make it work. Again its a different playstyle; And not every single E-spec needs to work with people. Honestly The only one from PoF I like is scourge and that is even iffy; And HoT I only liked herald (At first) , Berserker and druid. So Im under the assumption that they make what sounds cool at the moment; I don't play nor do I have a Engie so I don't know. Sadly I don't really have the insight to make a proper E-spec with it but I felt steam punk was a good way to take it especially with the steam minions from scarlet still being around.