Upcoming Bonus Events

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure if you are talking about boss event as well... but If I say about the reward box from it...Currently, Crystal Infusion is most rarest infusion in the game, and no items are listed at TP. I believe Bonus box should have another infusions like Crystal Infusion. Even if you have 10000 golds, You can't have the infusion. It is ridiculous.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

• Higher drop rate of Intact Spores from Sawgill mushrooms please... so I propose a fill your mushroom punnit event... a 24hr sawgill farming frenzy... drop rates decrease greatly when the sun rises, but increase greatly when it gets dark :)

Why on earth was such an limited use item that provided nothing outside of a guild hall deco so impossibly rare to obtain is beyond me

The same reason Freshwater Pearls are expensive ... the main gathering result has low value.

I guess we can have events that doubles as a sink for various materials but that also overlaps with Festival of the Four Winds.

I dont know how it will turn outt but im suggesting fractal vindicator week in open world (haha!)

It only happens during meta events /world boss. Same mechanic as fractal vindicator instability in fractal but in exchange, the drop rate of rare exotics/ ascended increased during the week as well as fractal relic added as a final reward.

Might be too crazy of an idea lol but I feel like sharing it XD

The No Daily Cap for the Meta-Event Rush will not make the first releaseUnfortunately, we will not be able to make this change for this run of the event. This is planned as a bonus for potential future runs of this event.

I don't see this as a negative as you seem to. When you remove the cap you're incentivizing players to only do those events multiple times a day(thus strangling other events/metas of players) else they miss out on rewards. Fractals, WvW, sPVP, all of them will suffer while this is going on. It also promotes multi map abuse which I assume you're against since you've altered metas so it can't be done with them. Why not just double/triple the amount of loot so we only have to do them once and not have to worry about doing it 5 more times in the day? The once a day loot system is very nice as you can move on and do other things. This is a step backwards in giving us the power to pick and choose what we want to do.

There will be more than enough players for every boss/meta at any hour, we don't need the cap removed to get enough players. It only promotes abuse and the community going at each other for how they want to handle the boss/events.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:I really want to suggest: Fractals Week.

Instead of only 3 daily fractals, what if EVERY fractal was a daily? So we could potentially marathon every type of fractal nonstop.

That's nice idea

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:The No Daily Cap for the Meta-Event Rush will not make the first releaseUnfortunately, we will not be able to make this change for this run of the event. This is planned as a bonus for potential future runs of this event.

So what is even a point of this event? We're doing all 3 HoT (well 4 with Dragon Stand) and (some are still doing) Palawadan metas daily anyway.

@"Chris Cleary.8017" said:Bonus events won’t always guarantee bonus economic rewards.We also want to be free to do things that shake up game modes substantially for a limited time or to try potential system changes that may not have been possible otherwise. One such event is being finalized, and we’re very interested in seeing players’ reactions!

I really like that you clarified this. I'm happy to see so many enthusiastic people, but I also wouldn't like to be "forced" or feel compelled to always play the event that you guys decide. It's nice to play together with many players sometimes (especially in maps or contents that are a bit old, like dungeons for example), but on the other hand I wouldn't like to think "I really want to complete this collection, but this week there's a gold bonus if I play on this map".The thing that I hated in Aion (one of the many) was that we always had some event running, and that everyone played the events rather than the game, because much more rewarding. And farming is boring.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

• Higher drop rate of Intact Spores from Sawgill mushrooms please... so I propose a fill your mushroom punnit event... a 24hr sawgill farming frenzy... drop rates decrease greatly when the sun rises, but increase greatly when it gets dark :)

Why on earth was such an limited use item that provided nothing outside of a guild hall deco so impossibly rare to obtain is beyond me

The same reason Freshwater Pearls are expensive ... the main gathering result has low value.

I guess we can have events that doubles as a sink for various materials but that also overlaps with Festival of the Four Winds.

drop rate for pearls maybe on a par, though I believe they drop a lot more regular.. in fact they drop period.Added to that Pearls have more uses in the game.. whereas the intact spores have 1 mundane use.. a guild mushroom decoration - hardly earth shattering, game changing stuff.. I have zero spores and I farm every sawgill I see.. whereas I have a heck of a lot more success getting pearls and even Maguuma Lillies.. this item just has a terrabad drop rate and zero use outside of a guild deco.

So yeah a farming frenzy event would be nice .. like a kind of Ester Egg hunt where everyone gets to go find the plants, nodes etc that drop the things hard to obtain by raising there drop rates for a very limited time and it's up to players to find the various nodes etc that have had their drop rates upped... maybe by following skritt clues or something.

@"Astralporing.1957" said:I look at this, and i remember Anet introducing weekend events/bonuses for GW1 (which was quite a nice idea then). And then i remember, that it was one of the steps leading to putting that game on full auto.

Guild Wars was preparing for maintenance mode in 2006, a bit longer than a year after launch?https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Weekend_events/2006

Hi Irenio/ANET, after reading what you wrote I'm definitely excited about the direction guild wars 2 is going in, I believe your on the track. I have noticed that some players have complained that the loot drops are far better from a few world events on certain maps in particular, but if ANET releases special collections/drops this will definitely entice us to migrate back towards the other world bosses & on a much more regular basis (those special harvesting nodes would also greatly help after defeating world bosses).

You did ask for any future ideas so here is mine....

-A new title: Opportunist (awards achievement points & initial title for assisting in killing a certain number of foes whom are already below 50% health), this is just for fun for those of us that show up a little late for example>> world boss events. Can either be awarded by assisting in killing a certain number of normal foes or world bosses.-The ability to choose what loot drop we get, keep the random loot of course, but also give us the opportunity to choose something extra (like what is already done in Verdant Brink Map), perhaps make this available to central core Tyria world bosses? (Something that went towards helping with legendarys perhaps?)-1 selectable Account Bound Infusion drop per account with the "Extra Shiney" title, acquired by defeating all world bosses in Central Core Tyria, Path of Fire & HoT.-Angelic Healer title, awarded for healing/reviving other players during world boss events, this could give special rewards (such as a halo) & encourage more support builds during meta events rather then the "Glass Cannon" approach all the time. Could also make this achievement repeatable & grant extra loot.
-Hidden Agenda title, awarded for cloaking downed players during meta events, awards extra loot, repeatable.-Aura Bound title, awarded for applying a certain number of auras to other players during meta events, awards extra loot, repeatable.-Buffing Up title, awarded for granting allies stacks of might during meta events, awards extra loot, repeatable.-Why Me? title, awarded for taking the most damage during a meta event, awards extra loot, repeatable.

These titles are just for fun, the extra loot encourages other players to help out there fellow players more during meta events and to experiment more when it comes to support builds. Achievement points awarded would also encourage players to head in this direction more so as well. Unless of course ANET wants us to just DPS/glass cannon all the time during meta's & thats pretty much it? I hope these ideas are of interest to both players and ANET. Happy Gaming! =)

If you guys could make type of event where players have to defeat boss monster controlled by another player.. Like Old Monk fight from Demon Souls..

It not easy task (chosing right type of player to control boss must be quite hard, although I see possible soultions).

I want to see flux buffs and debuffs from gw1 like the minion apocalypse for example.

Codex arena should make a come back where certain utility skills are locked or elite specs can't be played and only core may be able to.

Mount engage skills don't dismount you or something during one flux [call it glued down]

For god sakes bring back the beta event that let us fight players on even footing while branded or unbranfed. If we died we got branded. We need that event again!!! Bring things that have become from the mists since kralka took it over!!!

Hey guys, I will slightly derail from this thread's topic by making a small suggestion regarding WvW rewards. I used to play WvW every now and then (and used to wonder why people found the rewards unsatisfying) but recently came to make it my main gameplay mode and as someone who plays the game a lot, I see now that reaching the maximum number of pips will result in a very substantial decrease in the rewards for continuing to play that week. So the best suggestion I could think of is make it so once the pips have reached the end, have them reset entirely.

Introduce a collection that requires a selection of boss kills from Tyria, Meta boss kills from HoT and bounties from PoF. Completing the collection rewards an account bound 32-slot bag. Adding a cool sounding title would also be welcomed, as everyone loves titles.

Some suggestions:Boss HunterKills for LootMeta Train Master

@Shara.4716 said:I’m still all for a casual mode in raids. Just give them a smaller amount of LI for completion. It will take them longer to get the LI needed for legendaries, but it might also get them trained to do the hard raids.

If there were an easy mode, they should get zero LI, zero achievement/collection progression, and zero access to raid boss specific drops.

Anyway, I’m not sure why this was brought up in this thread when there are countless other threads on this that are related to their threads.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Shara.4716" said:I’m still all for a casual mode in raids. Just give them a smaller amount of LI for completion. It will take them longer to get the LI needed for legendaries, but it might also get them trained to do the hard raids.

If there were an easy mode, they should get zero LI, zero achievement/collection progression, and zero access to raid boss specific drops.

Anyway, I’m not sure why this was brought up in this thread when there are countless other threads on this that are related to their threads.

I disagree... running the raid in any mode should still reward otherwise where is the incentive to keep coming back to it other than a few runs to learn.. not everyone wants to run content at a million miles an hour, skip all that can be skipped or buy spots to complete a boss.Having a casual mode should run the same way as a challenge mode.. you get a scaled down or scaled up reward based of normal play mode. If we want to train raids we run guild or join a guild that trains.. casual mode would be for players with limited time and/or a desire to run the content without being met with a barrage of "must haves", "dps meter this" and "run fast, run hard" don't stop till we get to "x" point then chrono blah blah.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:I look at this, and i remember Anet introducing weekend events/bonuses for GW1 (which was quite a nice idea then). And then i remember, that it was one of the steps leading to putting that game on full auto.

Didn't Wildstar do something similar.. eek

Every game I played online had bonus days, weeks, matches, dailies etc :) Common was double the reward from a mode. In my old MMO they had bonus RNG, for pvp all year around, we would never know if it's coming but what was the hype when you enter BG and get /diamond match/ (there was sapphire and ruby as well, diamond was 1k gold, ruby 300, sapphire 100.Winning team would get those and be happy :)