Live Skyscale preview tomorrow

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi all, I've seen a lot of questions and curiosity about the skyscale mount flying around, so I want to make sure to call out tomorrow's episode of Guild Chat. Joel, Kate, and myself will log into GW2 (on an internal client–they're not live in game yet, sorry!) and summon some skyscales while we talk about the new mount's design and show you all how it works.

We're not going to be spoiling the story or the new map, so you can watch without fear of spoilers. :) But we will hopefully give you a head start on understanding how it works and what you can expect from your new mount once you've got one of your very own!

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:Hi all, I've seen a lot of questions and curiosity about the skyscale mount flying around, so I want to make sure to call out tomorrow's episode of Guild Chat. Joel, Kate, and myself will log into GW2 (on an internal client–they're not live in game yet, sorry!) and summon some skyscales while we talk about the new mount's design and show you all how it works.

We're not going to be spoiling the story or the new map, so you can watch without fear of spoilers. :) But we will hopefully give you a head start on understanding how it works and what you can expect from your new mount once you've got one of your very own!

Thanks so much for such an early introduction! Much appreciated!

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:Hi all, I've seen a lot of questions and curiosity about the skyscale mount flying around, so I want to make sure to call out tomorrow's episode of Guild Chat. Joel, Kate, and myself will log into GW2 (on an internal client–they're not live in game yet, sorry!) and summon some skyscales while we talk about the new mount's design and show you all how it works.

How about a high level explanation on how it’ll be obtained?

Thanks for mentioning it on the forums! I've noticed you guys repeating twitter and blog info here, as has long been requested, and it is really nice. Hope I can make the stream, got some errands I promised my mom for the afternoon to get done first. But if I miss it, it won't be due to forgetting, so kudos again for the communication.

@"Black Wolf.7348" said:tried to watch the warclaw stream a while back. it was canceled 3 hours after it was scheduled to start without a word before after the 3 hours. Never going to watch another live stream by anet.not going to waste my time again.

If I remember correctly, the cancellation of the Warclaw stream was the day of or a day to a few days after Anet offices were surprise-slammed by the massive layoff announcement. I don't fault them for cancelling the stream, even hours after it was supposed to start, in the face of such extenuating circumstances.

As for me, I super excited to see the Skyscale in action! For my fellow Central Standard Time players, it will be at 2:00 PM.

@Esterie.7409 said:

@"Black Wolf.7348" said:tried to watch the warclaw stream a while back. it was canceled 3 hours after it was scheduled to start without a word before after the 3 hours. Never going to watch another live stream by anet.not going to waste my time again.

If I remember correctly, the cancellation of the Warclaw stream was the day of or a day to a few days after Anet offices were surprise-slammed by the massive layoff announcement. I don't fault them for cancelling the stream, even hours after it was supposed to start, in the face of such extenuating circumstances.

As for me, I super excited to see the Skyscale in action! For my fellow Central Standard Time players, it will be at 2:00 PM.

Exactly. That stream was cancelled for that reason as I was too planning to see it. It took me a few seconds to see it was not running and continued to play the game, certainly no need to be so harsh. And for FYI the streams are at 8pm my time.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:Hi all, I've seen a lot of questions and curiosity about the skyscale mount flying around, so I want to make sure to call out
. Joel, Kate, and myself will log into GW2 (on an internal client–they're not live in game yet, sorry!) and summon some skyscales while we talk about the new mount's design and show you all how it works.

That would constitute a spoiler imo.I get it, your keen to go stockpiling any stuff that might be required etc.. but no.. just no!

Leave it to chance and mystery I say.

I, too, stare at my screen for 3 hours doing nothing but wait for an event.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:Hi all, I've seen a lot of questions and curiosity about the skyscale mount flying around, so I want to make sure to call out
. Joel, Kate, and myself will log into GW2 (on an internal client–they're not live in game yet, sorry!) and summon some skyscales while we talk about the new mount's design and show you all how it works.

That would constitute a spoiler imo.I get it, your keen to go stockpiling any stuff that might be required etc.. but no.. just no!

A high-level explanation would not be a spoiler.On a scale of Raptor to Griffon, how involved is it to get.A series of collections or granted during Story? Is there a significant gold cost?

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

A high-level explanation would not be a spoiler.On a scale of Raptor to Griffon, how involved is it to get.A series of collections or granted during Story? Is there a significant gold cost?

It is still a spoiler.. if its gold cost your worried about.. start saving. If its a collection ..well it's a collection. If it is crafting stuff, so be it, nothing to stop you saving up some mats of all kinds now just in case, worst case you just sell them or use them if they are not needed.As for how involved.. how can they possibly give that away without potentially eluding to the next update of the story perhaps... why would that make a difference to you anyway, if it takes 5 minutes or 5 weeks is kind of irrelevant .. you will get it when you have done/got what is needed otherwise this kind feels like you want to read the last chapter of a new book before actually starting to read it from the start.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

It is still a spoiler.. if its gold cost your worried about.. start saving. If its a collection ..well it's a collection. If it is crafting stuff, so be it, nothing to stop you saving up some mats of all kinds now just in case, worst case you just sell them or use them if they are not needed.As for how involved.. how can they possibly give that away without potentially eluding to the next update of the story perhaps... why would that make a difference to you anyway, if it takes 5 minutes or 5 weeks is kind of irrelevant .. you will get it when you have done/got what is needed otherwise this kind feels like you want to read the last chapter of a new book before actually starting to read it from the start.

Well to echo that sentiment, why should they reveal anything at all about upcoming releases? I wasn’t asking for specifics.

Edit: Moot point now as she said they won’t be discussing it anyway.

• ArenaNet Staff

We won't be talking about skyscale acquisition today. We'll talk some about design, show off what it looks like dyed vs undyed, and give you a "flying lesson" so you'll have a headstart on understanding how it maneuvers, how the masteries work, and what makes it different from other mounts. I think you all will enjoy what we have to show!

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:We won't be talking about skyscale acquisition today. We'll talk some about design, show off what it looks like dyed vs undyed, and give you a "flying lesson" so you'll have a headstart on understanding how it maneuvers, how the masteries work, and what makes it different from other mounts. I think you all will enjoy what we have to show!

OK, thanks. Good to know. Perhaps something in the acquisition would indeed spoil something about the story or map, so I get it.

@Blocki.4931 said:

I, too, stare at my screen for 3 hours doing nothing but wait for an event.

of course I did not watch the screen for 3 hours while waiting. even though I were doing other stuff while waiting I were still waiting for it.