Can We Have A "No Rally Week" Please?

Whiteout.1975

I'd actually like it to be a permanent feature. That way, DS and DS abilities are still there, mount stomp is still there, player stomp is still there, but the only way to get back up is to either heal yourself or have someone else heal you.

DS is only an event because permanency would break so many things, but rally is a bit different, it could be tested with an event sure, but permanent implemention wouldn't really break anything.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:I'd actually like it to be a permanent feature. That way, DS and DS abilities are still there, mount stomp is still there, player stomp is still there, but the only way to get back up is to either heal yourself or have someone else heal you.

DS is only an event because permanency would break so many things, but rally is a bit different, it could be tested with an event sure, but permanent implemention wouldn't really break anything.

Same. I'm also just talking in the general sense of rally. Not the skills.

I think that'd be good. The current system leads to toxic behavior where it is possible for bad players to provide a negative contribution in terms of being a "rallybot". It's toxic in the sense that people get blamed for it, and also allows for malicious uses of it as well via deliberate throwing with alts. This would get rid of it.

Of course, I'm sure people will find some other reason to blame noobs, but the less ammo, the better. And people might just have to self reflect.

Probably not.

If we can't rally then what's the point of even having a downed state? It would just make it easier to get pounced by warclaws because we won't have a chance to get up in 2 seconds after being downed and will just be sitting ducks. When you have too much AOE and whatnot going on around your bum laying on the ground, chances are pretty slim that your server mates will be able to pick you up without getting downed/defeated themselves. You'd just be laying there waiting to die.

If we can't rally off enemies in the downed state, then we might as well not have a downed state at all. Like the current no downed state weeklong event going on right now.

@"Charrbeque.8729" said:If we can't rally then what's the point of even having a downed state? It would just make it easier to get pounced by warclaws because we won't have a chance to get up in 2 seconds after being downed and will just be sitting ducks. When you have too much AOE and whatnot going on around your bum laying on the ground, chances are pretty slim that your server mates will be able to pick you up without getting downed/defeated themselves. You'd just be laying there waiting to die.

If we can't rally off enemies in the downed state, then we might as well not have a downed state at all. Like the current no downed state weeklong event going on right now.

If your getting up that easy in "2 seconds" alone... Considering the mistakes you made to get yourself in such a state to begin with. Same going for anyone else. That seems pretty broken IMO.Downstate is there for the chance to be res'd... Whether or not it may doable regarding each situation. And at the end of the day I don't see anything wrong firstly "testing" it.Rather "test" it then judge it. Versus putting the cart before the horse on this.

@Skotlex.7580 said:This should had been a poll. But I am fine with it being an event at least, to see how much it helps WvW.

May not be sufficient by itself, but at least it'd be a step on the right direction.

Thought about a Poll... But decided I rather just ask @AnetI think baby steps are a good way get a feel for things way versus drastic changes in general. Cool that we share a common interest though :)

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:I think that'd be good. The current system leads to toxic behavior where it is possible for bad players to provide a negative contribution in terms of being a "rallybot". It's toxic in the sense that people get blamed for it, and also allows for malicious uses of it as well via deliberate throwing with alts. This would get rid of it.

Of course, I'm sure people will find some other reason to blame noobs, but the less ammo, the better. And people might just have to self reflect.

Probably not.

Good point lol... I think it will also help people get a better sense of how they really feel about downstate. Since rally is related enough to it.

I must have misunderstood the OP's suggestion. He/she simply said "no rally week" but didn't offer specific details as to how it would work. So I assumed he/she meant not being able to even used downed skills (like skill #4) or be picked up by team mates and all we could do once downed is lay there waiting to die.

! Sometimes my brain don't work right 'cause I'm an idiot.

If the OP is suggesting only that we can't rally off of defeated players or NPCs, but still be able to used downed skills and have team mates help us up, then that would be an interesting experiment and I'm open to the idea.

I admit, there have been times in zerg v. zerg fights where I was downed and rallied off a defeated player so fast that my character doesn't even hit the ground. I just hear "ding" and my skill bar flashes for a split second.

I'm one of those that doesn't like the no downed state event. It takes away an advertised feature from the warclaw (pouncing to finish off downed players). Not being able to rally off of defeated players and NPCs sounds like a middle ground that would still lets us pounce with our warclaw, but also balance fights out a bit. It's worth a try at least.

@"Charrbeque.8729" said:I must have misunderstood the OP's suggestion. He/she simply said "no rally week" but didn't offer specific details as to how it would work. So I assumed he/she meant not being able to even used downed skills (like skill #4) or be picked up by team mates and all we could do once downed is lay there waiting to die.

! Sometimes my brain don't work right 'cause I'm an idiot.

If the OP is suggesting only that we can't rally off of defeated players or NPCs, but still be able to used downed skills and have team mates help us up, then that would be an interesting experiment and I'm open to the idea.

I admit, there have been times in zerg v. zerg fights where I was downed and rallied off a defeated player so fast that my character doesn't even hit the ground. I just hear "ding" and my skill bar flashes for a split second.

I'm one of those that doesn't like the no downed state event. It takes away an advertised feature from the warclaw (pouncing to finish off downed players). Not being able to rally off of defeated players and NPCs sounds like a middle ground that would still lets us pounce with our warclaw, but also balance fights out a bit. It's worth a try at least.

! @"Charrbeque.8729" nah you're not an "idiot". That's not something I want someone to think/feel here :)

Yep, you got it right. That's exactly what I'm suggesting... And part of why I'm suggesting it :+1:

I was so excited for this "No Downed State", and don't get me wrong, while I still like it that much, I can't play my Weaver as backline as everything one shots, I get hit by 16k CoR, 20k Gunflame, 35k Arc Divider, 23k backstab, 7k SB auto attacks, and many many more. I had to run Toughness and Vitality on trinkets to be able to survive this week.

Regarding solo roaming in this week, I don't have tricks like other classes or any invulnerabilities to defend myself, so basically, everyone runs full glass and hits like a truck while I am still on normal WvW roaming build.

@"Auburner.6945" said:I was so excited for this "No Downed State", and don't get me wrong, while I still like it that much, I can't play my Weaver as backline as everything one shots, I get hit by 16k CoR, 20k Gunflame, 35k Arc Divider, 23k backstab, 7k SB auto attacks, and many many more. I had to run Toughness and Vitality on trinkets to be able to survive this week.

Regarding solo roaming in this week, I don't have tricks like other classes or any invulnerabilities to defend myself, so basically, everyone runs full glass and hits like a truck while I am still on normal WvW roaming build.

I was excited too. I prefer to run around with my power scourge. But after getting killed multiple times by a ranger's Rapid Fire, I switched to my own soulbeast. With no downed state, fights seem to be kinda one sided and are over rather quickly, whether you're solo roaming or in a large scale zerg vs. zerg battle. We went from a wide variety of builds, to quite a lot of players going with high damage burst builds. It comes down to who can kill the quickest. Heck, I got in a fight last night with another soulbeast while roaming by myself. After killing him 2 or 3 times he came back once more but was too afraid to get close to me. He took off and left me alone.

With being able to rally off of defeated players and NPCs, fights can end up taking forever. So the idea of a no rally event seems like it could bring a bit of balance so fights aren't over too soon or take to long. The OP's suggestion seems to be something the devs haven't tried be for, and is worth a chance to see if it could improve WvW at least a little.

Removing the > @"Auburner.6945" said:

I was so excited for this "No Downed State", and don't get me wrong, while I still like it that much, I can't play my Weaver as backline as everything one shots, I get hit by 16k CoR, 20k Gunflame, 35k Arc Divider, 23k backstab, 7k SB auto attacks, and many many more. I had to run Toughness and Vitality on trinkets to be able to survive this week.

Weaver has invun and can be plenty tricky.

Nothing wrong with running a little toughness vitality.. probably a good idea to run a smidge always. Don't have to go full meme all the time.

@"Whiteout.1975" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rally

Rally has already been nerfed in the past and IMO has created a much healthier gaming experience to compare. Therefore, I think it would also be healthy to at least test and see how "No Rally Week" would impact the WvW experience further. That's all. :)I would love to see this implemented.

Then after we tested that for a week then we should try a random downed event week. Sometimes you can rally and some times you cant and some times you just go straight to death. Just make it totally random. Really mix things up hah!

While I am almost always solo roaming these days due to work, and as such would never notice, as there is no one with me to rally a larger team, I still would not mind it, as it would at least be a bit of a nerf to it being one sided to larger groups. It will also help with the snowballing effect that happens with it, as its a reward for nothing.

It would also make seldom used revive skills more valuable, as you can't just finish someone to get up a team mate, you either have to win (and revive them after) or use one of those skills to get them back in the fight, which means a CD that can't be used for a while.

It would also stop things like me having to fight a SB twice because an NPC dies.

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:While I am almost always solo roaming these days due to work, and as such would never notice, as there is no one with me to rally a larger team, I still would not mind it, as it would at least be a bit of a nerf to it being one sided to larger groups. It will also help with the snowballing effect that happens with it, as its a reward for nothing.

It would also make seldom used revive skills more valuable, as you can't just finish someone to get up a team mate, you either have to win (and revive them after) or use one of those skills to get them back in the fight, which means a CD that can't be used for a while.

It would also stop things like me having to fight a SB twice because an NPC dies.

Hey, a roamer as well (like me)... Very nice B)The nice video helps demonstrate not only what you say, but some of that amazin' mentality of some players right at the end there... HA! Hilarious. Gotta love em for a good laugh though <3Also, Thank's for taking the time to comment like others :+1:

@Whiteout.1975 said:

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:While I am almost always solo roaming these days due to work, and as such would never notice, as there is no one with me to rally a larger team, I still would not mind it, as it would at least be a bit of a nerf to it being one sided to larger groups. It will also help with the snowballing effect that happens with it, as its a reward for nothing.

Hey, a roamer as well (like me)... Very nice B)The
nice
video helps demonstrate not only what you say, but some of that amazin' mentality of some players right at the end there... HA! Hilarious. Gotta love em for a good laugh though <3Also, Thank's for taking the time to comment like others :+1:

Yes, the end I could not have planned better to show the mentality of many people in WvW. It's not their skill level that got them killed (oh no, definitely not that!), nope, best assumption for them is the person is cheating. And it was really a 1vs5, but the engi at the end committed suicide and was a few seconds after I killed the other 4, this was with downstate and rally, it would have been even easier without downstate or rally. I also get mail/PMs after fighting outnumbered like that and winning and get called a "ganker", it's like....Do you even know what that word means? They seem to think "ganking" means them getting killed and that's it.

I had been dueling outside away from the tower and was fighting a pretty good player, the ones in the tower, at the time there was 8 of them, jumped in the fight to gank me, I was almost full CD at the time, so they killed me, after they killed me in a 8vs1, they sieged me and /laughed etc etc. I could tell how bad they were so I ran back, by that time they were already inside and only 5 of them had remained for the tower cap. Which is where the video starts off and why I was corpse jumping.

Funny enough, a few mins later....They came back, best part is the engi alt+F4ing at the end.

Another good example of how face roll most players are in this game, mostly because of how many carry mechanics exist. I like posting these because I am a no downstate supporter and every time someone posts about it they always say I am just a ganker and that people like me are just not good enough to win with downstate. And all my videos are with downstate active.