• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of the following would be alright for pvp:

• 10-20% pet dmg only
  • only pet gains superspeed + maybe light aura
  • AoE reveal as you suggested

I mean the skill is literally telling the pet to "sic em" there shouldn't be so big of a dmg modifier for the player... bit overkill 40%. There's already so many other dmg modifiers going on. I think the 2k range reveal as well feels a bit out of line with other skills that function similarly yet have less range (On My Mark, Spear of Justice, Detection Pulse).

idk it's definitely one of those skills that's been left in the dark for a while where it takes advantage of crazy power creep.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Instead of 40/20% damage increase how about a 10% damage increase and pet sniffs out any stealth class in a 600 radius and applies revealed?

How about keep it where it is. It's prefectly fine. U hear sic em. U dodge. It's easy and as simple as that.sic em literally translate to dodge now so he can't burst you. Just brain dead not to dodge it, when it's telegraphed and litterally shouts at you.

N if u are going to say what if it's a +1 n u r out of dodges... Well that's part of the game. No different a rev porting on you and bursting or a chorno bursting you.

I am not even a ranger main.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:It amuses me to see that there are actuall people who defend SicEm.

Sic Em:

• 1500 Range
  • Duration of 5s
  • 10% Dmg Multiplier
  • Reveal
  • 5s Superspeed
  • 30s Cooldown

Would be more then ok.

You just have to dodge point blank and rapid fire..n that's really it. Lol. Is that so hard? U can also line of sight. Seriously. Is it so hard to watch ranger unload n move into line of sight so he wastes his skill?

I am a warrior main and have never had any problems with it. I am more worried about an unblockable rev burst or chono shot from stealth.

@TorQ.7041 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:It amuses me to see that there are actuall people who defend SicEm.

Sic Em:
  • 1500 Range
  • Duration of 5s
  • 10% Dmg Multiplier
  • Reveal
  • 5s Superspeed
  • 30s Cooldown

Would be more then ok.

You just have to dodge point blank and rapid fire..n that's really it. Lol. Is that so hard? U can also line of sight. Seriously. Is it so hard to watch ranger unload n move into line of sight so he wastes his skill?

I am a warrior main and have never had any problems with it. I am more worried about an unblockable rev burst or chono shot from stealth.

Thats cute :3

@TorQ.7041 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:Instead of 40/20% damage increase how about a 10% damage increase and pet sniffs out any stealth class in a 600 radius and applies revealed?

How about keep it where it is. It's prefectly fine. U hear sic em. U dodge. It's easy and as simple as that.sic em literally translate to dodge now so he can't burst you. Just brain dead not to dodge it, when it's telegraphed and litterally shouts at you.

N if u are going to say what if it's a +1 n u r out of dodges... Well that's part of the game. No different a rev porting on you and bursting or a chorno bursting you.

This is just a healthy discussion and thought, you can put the nails away because there's no need for it here.

No one is saying this or that as you implied, its not even an arguement so I wont even bother with the "butwhataboutism"..

Please keep it friendly and civil, theres no need for the name calling.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Instead of 40/20% damage increase how about a 10% damage increase and pet sniffs out any stealth class in a 600 radius and applies revealed?

This is just a healthy discussion and thought, you can put the nails away because there's no need for it here.

No one is saying this or that as you implied, its not even an arguement so I wont even bother with the "butwhataboutism"..

Sure. I re-phase. It's part of the game. You hear sic em. You dodge. It's as easy as that. That's the game mechanic.

I am just tired of all these Nerf posts where people complain about a skill because they are dying to it. When it's pretty easy to avoid by learning the game.

Nerfing all these skills basically dumbs down the game to a point where it's no longer fun.

The part of the game I enjoy most is learning about the other class. Then countering them. I don't main ranger, I took time to make 1 learn it's skill and how it works and proceeded to beat them after doing that. Players who don't do this die to it then complain enough to want some nerfs.

Like thief which has been nerfed to the ground because people don't watch map don't learn mechanics. Even to this day where thief hits like a wet noodle and dies in 2 hits. People are still crying op.

@TorQ.7041 said:

When did I name call? I anticipated what you might say and provided an explanation of my thoughts. I did not write any harsh language.

I simple wrote how about keep it where it is. I am sorry you find some one who disagrees with you offensive? Lol

Youre referring to everyone or anyone who thinks the skill might need a tuneup as "noob". This ruins any chance of a healthy discussion about the skill.

You anticipated because your frame of mind is in the wrong place, this is just a healthy discussion, theres no arguement here.

I am not offended, I would prefer the thread to stay civilised rather than cop a closure. Some maturity would be appreciated.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

When did I name call? I anticipated what you might say and provided an explanation of my thoughts. I did not write any harsh language.

I simple wrote how about keep it where it is. I am sorry you find some one who disagrees with you offensive? Lol

Youre referring to everyone or anyone who thinks the skill might need a tuneup as "noob". This ruins any chance of a healthy discussion about the skill.

You anticipated because your frame of mind is in the wrong place, this is just a healthy discussion, theres no arguement here.

I am not offended, I would prefer the thread to stay civilised rather than cop a closure. Some maturity would be appreciated.

Maybe you are right. I am just tired of reading everything has to be nerfed when I feel that it's pretty balanced right now.

I apologise for the quick aggro.

@TorQ.7041 said:

Maybe you are right. I am just tired of reading everything has to be nerfed when I feel that it's pretty balanced right now.

No I understand, this is why I made the thread though.

I feel after all the complaints Anet will nerf this skill into oblivion soon so I am trying to give an open window for a healthy discussion about the skill hence why my OP is sort of a nerf but also a buff.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I feel after all the complaints Anet will nerf this skill into oblivion soon so I am trying to give an open window for a healthy discussion about the skill hence why my OP is sort of a nerf but also a buff.

I also feel like I spent alot of time learning this game to get to plat. Had to play the majority of classes to understand the timing and animations. I would hate that skills get nerfed because people who don't bother to learn anything get mad that they die and complain over and over till a spec is basically useless.

This is basically thief. The whole class has basically been deleted because of people complaining. Even now. When it's auto attack is 2k and a thief can die in 1-2 hits by almost every other class. People complain. It's incredible how this generation people want instant gratification. That they should be legendary in 1 season and if they are not. The gw2 match system is broke or profession skills are unbalanced.

@TorQ.7041 said:

I also feel like I spent alot of time learning this game to get to plat. Had to play the majority of classes to understand the timing and animations. I would hate that skills get nerfed because people who don't bother to learn anything get mad that they die and complain over and over till a spec is basically useless.

This is basically thief. The whole class has basically been deleted because of people complaining. Even now. When it's auto attack is 2k and a thief can die in 1-2 hits by almost every other class. People complain. It's incredible how this generation people want instant gratification. That they should be legendary in 1 season and if they are not. The gw2 match system is broke or profession skills are unbalanced.

Yes exactly like Thief in a way... If you read the forums you'll see that we agree with eachother - https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/75069/earth-overload-is-op-and-needs-nerf#latest

I'll send you a pm.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Yes exactly like Thief in a way... If you read the forums you'll see that we agree with eachother -

I'll send you a pm.

Hah yeah I am quick to anger when I read about nerfs. Except for Condi mes last season. Even after playing it for a whole season I couldn't beat it with my other classes. Except prot holo. But I don't want to specifically play prot Holo just because I see a mirage. With the sceptor Nerf now I am finally ok to lose to a mirage.

Unless it's power. Power mirage is totally ok. Dodge 1 shot. U can kill it.

If ppl really hate to die for sicem, You can delete the skill sicem... Then again, I want the revealed in all my pet skills f2 and merged f2... and if rangers feel their damage is subpar, distribute the damage across traits and weapon skill dmg coefficients.... Coz soulbeast still suffers sustained dps in raids and fractals

I personally don't have an issue with it at all but to a degree i feel like the skill does more then it really should over all. I think a 10% nerf would be fair and might even go unnoticed to be honest.

I personally like seeing Ranger being full dps over some sort of tank like Boon beast. The game-play more engaging and fun to fight against, this is coming from an engi main who plays almost all spec possible during rank games. If we had to nerf or change anything i'll say Longbow Range should be brought down a tad bit over all.

@zoopop.5630 said:I personally don't have an issue with it at all but to a degree i feel like the skill does more then it really should over all. I think a 10% nerf would be fair and might even go unnoticed to be honest.

I personally like seeing Ranger being full dps over some sort of tank like Boon beast. The game-play more engaging and fun to fight against, this is coming from an engi main who plays almost all spec possible during rank games. If we had to nerf or change anything i'll say Longbow Range should be brought down a tad bit over all.

Longbow arcing range is thematic and it really is fun based on few map terrain and playstyle(you can't find a sniping spot in every map suitable for the situation).... It'd really make it bland if nerfed... On the other hand, if community decides lb is op, they can tune down the autoattack dmg but it might be a big blow to few specific builds... I also notice (in twitch streams)pro ranger players have hard time surviving/dealing dmg against any other class after they used up their CDs for that specific lb burst and even when using lb burst, they couldn't down most classes even with zerky sicem and sotp and die even when trying to disengage... Idk may be it's just me with this perspective.... meta Boonbeast? seems its dead and buried... coz I notice ppl running multiple variations of multiple classes and I couldn't sense any tanky hard hitting soulbeasts anymore during my matches(unranked and ranked) maybe theyre hiding in the shadows of plat and legendary suns refuge :p waiting for the right time to strike

How people can seriously defend this skill is beyond me.It'a a 40% modifier for crying out loud.The second closest things to this are 300 ferocity boosts (=20% cirdmg)...which are arguably a bit worse just of how ferocity and actual modifiers stack respectively.And even those are only HALF of that skill.

Also:"Just LoS" is even a more ridiculous statement than "just dodge"....as in most situations this literally means "just run-away" .....10/10 counterplay.