Any fixes to broken berserker?

Crusader.7460

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:"Gutted"

Yeah dude its a meme. Last time I died to an Arc Divider was....first day of the rework? Other than that, naw...not really. One trick pony.

Like its been repeated here time and again...once Arc Divider gets nerfed it won't be "fine". One skill being way over tuned and overpowered does not make it "fine". Also why the hell were you guys still in melee range and attacking them while they had Endure Pain active...? You weren't even hitting with CCs to justify that, unless they had Last Stand/Balanced Stance active...not that I could tell, the quality on that gif is horrendous.First time I even made a gif, I wasnt really thinking about quality and picked the first host that popped up. But here you go, the full video -
Ignore the end result though, condi is just a one trick pony, especially when relying on pretty much one skill to do damage. You know it. Berserkers are pretty fun to fight.

Yeah dude its a meme. Last time I died to an Arc Divider was....first day of the rework? Other than that, naw...not really. One trick pony.

Like its been repeated here time and again...once Arc Divider gets nerfed it won't be "fine". One skill being way over tuned and overpowered does not make it "fine". Also why the hell were you guys still in melee range and attacking them while they had Endure Pain active...? You weren't even hitting with CCs to justify that, unless they had Last Stand/Balanced Stance active...not that I could tell, the quality on that gif is horrendous.First time I even made a gif, I wasnt really thinking about quality and picked the first host that popped up. But here you go, the full video -
Ignore the end result though, condi is just a one trick pony, especially when relying on pretty much one skill to do damage. You know it. Berserkers are pretty fun to fight.

I feel like the one trick pony comment is a jab at people who have been saying it about Berserker.

You definitely needed to swap into Tool Kit at least for the pull while he had Endure Pain active. He had no stability going and you could've CC'd him for the rest of its duration.

Other than that, that didn't really show anything other than what has already been established; Berserker is Arc Divider. Thats it.

You played competently enough that it denied him actually landing much of it, mostly by using the terrain elevation. Was this really supposed to be taken as justification for the comment you made? So they killed the two others that were with you...okay? So? No one denies that it one shots, not the point being made. The point being made is that Arc Divider and its damage is literally all it has going for it. Take that away and what does Berserker have left? Not much.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:The point being made is that Arc Divider and its damage is literally all it has going for it. Take that away and what does Berserker have left? Not much.Hence why its not gutted. I'm not arguing for a nerf. I was responding to the thread. Berserker doesnt look broken to me - base warrior is already a strong class (hell even met vanilla warriors that could fight better than spellbreakers) and the new berserker can pull off some insane and quick damage. All classes are OP today, one way or another.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:The point being made is that Arc Divider and its damage is literally all it has going for it. Take that away and what does Berserker have left? Not much.Hence why its not gutted. I'm not arguing for a nerf. I was responding to the thread. Berserker doesnt look broken to me - base warrior is already a strong class (hell even met vanilla warriors that could fight better than spellbreakers) and the new berserker can pull off some insane and quick damage. All classes are OP today, one way or another.

Thats because most Spellbreaker get carried by Adrenal Health proccing off of FC not even actually hitting anything. It can be evaded and still apply Adrenal Health. As a Warrior I find that cheap, its why I run Core Warrior.

Berserker certainly isn't broken, not in the way that its "powerful". One skill on it is powerful, once that is inevitably nerfed then Berserker will just be an obscure meme. I mean...it already is. All it does is one shot people with Arc Divider. Like I said, nerf down that damage and what does Berserker have? Nothing. Its why the rework is terrible. The fact that it is only able to actually achieve anything because of a single overtuned skill is terrible design.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:The point being made is that Arc Divider and its damage is literally all it has going for it. Take that away and what does Berserker have left? Not much.Hence why its not gutted. I'm not arguing for a nerf. I was responding to the thread. Berserker doesnt look broken to me - base warrior is already a strong class (hell even met vanilla warriors that could fight better than spellbreakers) and the new berserker can pull off some insane and quick damage. All classes are OP today, one way or another.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TrustworthySassyLampDatBoiDoes this look like healthy gameplay to you? When people stack one class because of literally one skill, something is wrong.The nerf is inevitable. Yes, it is fun as hell, hilarious af, but it is wrong and not fair at all. I feel bad for killing 3+ people with 4-5 buttons within 2-3 seconds... and I play max dps glass cannon... even high risk, high reward build should have its limits.It is not that hard to fight one berserker and dodge single/double Arc Divider but what about two berserkers which perform their double Arc Dividers consecutively?

I prefer elite spec that is not about one skill... but rather about clever Berserk management; more rewarding, the more you stay in Berserk; not useless when not in Berserk; etc.

Let's think of it this way ... if Anet is so tapped out of ideas that they have to make an espec 'work fine' by giving it one OP'ed combo like Arc Divider+ ... then the competitive aspect of this game is DONE and the PVE is not too far behind it.

As much as I want a more balanced berserker spec ... Anet MUST rectify Arc Divider before that can happen.

@"cryorion.9532" said:https://clips.twitch.tv/TrustworthySassyLampDatBoiDoes this look like healthy gameplay to you? When people stack one class because of literally one skill, something is wrong.Err... yes? An excellent portal bomb with less people than the zerg they flatten. Thats literally what WvWers want.

I also find it hilarious that you describe it like that while also posting a WvW video (I honestly expected an sPvP clip so I had to concede the point for organized PvP) because well... meta firebrands. Meta scourges. Meta revs. WvW is already dominated by literally one stacked meta. Your argument applies to every class. Tactics - like for example, I dont know, a portal bomb - can usually tip the balance in your favor. It could use a shakeup.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"cryorion.9532" said:
Does this look like healthy gameplay to you? When people stack one class because of literally one skill, something is wrong.Err... yes? An excellent portal bomb with less people than the zerg they flatten. Thats literally what WvWers want.

I also find it
hilarious
that you describe it like that while also posting a WvW video (I honestly expected an sPvP clip so I had to concede the point for organized PvP) because well... meta firebrands. Meta scourges. Meta revs. WvW is already dominated by literally one stacked meta. Your argument applies to every class. Tactics - like for example, I dont know, a portal bomb - can usually tip the balance in your favor. It could use a shakeup.

Yes, it could use a shake up, by nerfing what is overpowered instead of making something else overpowered to counter overpowered.This is just time bomb...