Are you going to fix Grasping Darkness?

Hi Anet,reaper player here, I've been waiting since HoT days for you to completely fix Grasping Darkness but this has not happen yet. I know it can be a difficult skill to fix, and I appreciate you looking at it with recent patch, but it is simply not enough. Despite the range increase the pull feels now slower, to the point where it's even easier to dodge it. Most of all the time that pass beetween the spawning of the claws and the actual pull is still too much. The pull is still unrealiable every little thing that is not a perfect flat terrain still might make the pull fail. If the target is close/near a wall the pull completely fails since the claws vanish for no reason and no pull is done.Please increase the velocity of the claw that pull the enemy and make it more reliable on uneven terrains.I'll leave here a link to an image of the most ridicolous interaction I've seenhttps://i.imgur.com/P5GKZi7.jpgI was clearly aiming to pull the bear but claws somehow climb the wall behind and go over it not even pulling the beast =/.I'll invite every other necro player to leave here screens or video or grasping darkness fails so that Anet can have a big catalogue of situations where it does not work, and maybe learn something from these fails that can help them fix it.Ty for attention

Before the patch, you could more or less reliably pull enemies off walls in wvw. Right now, sometimes the skill goes up the wall like before, sometimes it goes right inside the wall pulling nothing.

And even if you get it up the wall, it's sometimes not pulling enemies.

Even on flat terrain, you have to hit the target exactly, with one of the three claws, else the target doesn't get pulled.

I really thought that at least the skill shouldn't be blockable, as it wasn't a clear projectile.So this was nice about last patch. But the range increase was pretty unnecessary and makes the skill so much worse, because the speed of the pull is so much slower.

@Nimon.7840 said:Before the patch, you could more or less reliably pull enemies off walls in wvw. Right now, sometimes the skill goes up the wall like before, sometimes it goes right inside the wall pulling nothing.

And even if you get it up the wall, it's sometimes not pulling enemies.

Even on flat terrain, you have to hit the target exactly, with one of the three claws, else the target doesn't get pulled.

I really thought that at least the skill shouldn't be blockable, as it wasn't a clear projectile.So this was nice about last patch. But the range increase was pretty unnecessary and makes the skill so much worse, because the speed of the pull is so much slower.

Tbh I'm happy with the range increase it is really usefull, but man the problems this skill has are undeniable. Also I don't know who in the right mind would increase the distance to travel and not increase the speed, makes no sense.And yes even on flat terrain the pull is terribly unreliable.

It's been 4 years that the grap is useless it was blocked because considered as a projectile, it was too short, it is too slow, it grapes nothing because it was blocked in all the walls, plants, and pebbles.

Actually they had 4 years to fix it, it is still so slow, it always hangs in all the walls plants and does not grape anything.But it has a bigger reach and it isn't longer block like a projectile.

Maybe in 4 years, so 8 years after the reaper specialization it will serve properly ^^Have fun ^^ Keep hope @NecroSummonsMors.7816

Does Super cancel still help when using GS 5 pull -> X skill?Does the timing still fit since it takes longer for pull to happen now?

Like should I GS 5 pull -> Super Cancel -> GS 4?Will GS 4 land too early now and miss its initial pulse of boon corruption since GS 5 takes longer to pull the target back?

Or like GS 5 pull -> Super Cancel -> GS 2?Will GS 2 miss because the target isn't pulled back yet?

Or is the timing still just right for GS 5 to be used with Super Cancel?

• 2 months later...

Anet I'm still waiting here. This skill has problem since HoT launch, you put out a new patch and didn't even bother to address this.This skill still has problems with terrain, sometimes the claw don't appear, sometimes they appear up a wall, sometimes the whole skill doesn't even pull the person. Not to mention most of the time if the enemy your a trying to pull moves just a bit(strafe left or right, not dodging) the claws will just appear on his side and not even pull him to you.Yes right know you can kinda make it work if you know on which conditions and terrain you can cast it, otherwise a broken skill since HoT.I'll link this again https://i.imgur.com/P5GKZi7.jpgLook at that and tell me the skill behaves properly. I can give tons of images like that, and I'm sure the necro community has a tons of videos of the fails of grasping darkness.HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR YOU TO FIX THIS?

for me it works like 30% of the time overall, in big massive open wields with not even a tiny pebble it works like 80% of the time and this is all after the latest " we fixed this skill" patch, which it actually made even worse than before.

Don't know which is worse: Balance team or the coders who code said balance.

I think they really just want us to not play non-shroud reaper at all, feel like a reaper elite tradeoff soon will be "Non-shroud weapon skills are disabled"

• 3 weeks later...