Legendary GS Exordium — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Legendary GS Exordium

NICENIKESHOE.7128NICENIKESHOE.7128 Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2, 2019 in Mesmer

This may be a weird place to post legendary weapon thread
...but this greatsword screams of mesmer and I want to share with fellow mesmers.
For once I'm actually glad I hold off on crafting Twilight.

[RED] Crimson Sunspears...your small family guild since 2015.

Comments

• Daccura.4769Daccura.4769 Member ✭✭

Same, at first i kinda did not like it but after observing it a little more and seeing how it fits mesmer I really have to get this.
    Also THE AUTO ATTACK IS DIFFERENT on Mesmer - finally a GS with that feature for mesmer.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

Actually has me thinking about switching my Condi Mirage to a Power Chrono just so I could use it...

But that's ok, since I'm making it for my Guardian anyways, and as he wears Ad Infinitum, it will be a great pairing.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Idk I would have to see it in game first. I already own eternity.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

The stow animation looks cool but sadly the model doesn't do anything for me - too busy between the blade and the hilt and gs auto attack looks like some crayola version of an inquest collider...

So yeah, glad I can save my gold.

My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

I plan to get it. I love it. I have eternity and I'm happy to have some characters use Eternity and my mesmer to use Exordium.

Best Dressed Memser NA.

• Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm a sucker for greatswords but I'll pass this one. The weapon is not bad in itself, its kind of neat and seems to combine well with the shining blade, but the auto attack onion rings on it are cheesy and ugly.

The degenerate

• Quadox.7834Quadox.7834 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2019

Played the game since 2013 and have 0 legendaries, feelsbadman. Sponsor me please.

// Yanim

@Quadox.7834 said:
    Played the game since 2013 and have 0 legendaries, feelsbadman. Sponsor me please.

:o Not even a gen 1?

@Curunen.8729 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

Nope

// Yanim

• NICENIKESHOE.7128NICENIKESHOE.7128 Member ✭✭✭

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

Nope

You need a fashion wars coach :P

• MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

Nope

Legendaries rarely scream "fashion". Only a select few do.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry

• NICENIKESHOE.7128NICENIKESHOE.7128 Member ✭✭✭

@MrForz.1953 said:

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

Nope

Aye that's why you need a coach to be flashy and fashionable :P

edited May 7, 2019

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@MrForz.1953 said:

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

Nope

Aye that's why you need a coach to be flashy and fashionable :P

Mostly I need a large bag of gold though.

// Yanim

edited May 7, 2019

@MrForz.1953 said:

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

Nope

Every legendary screams fashion, you just need to build your character around them.

And as a mesmer you can do stuff like this.

Best Dressed Memser NA.

• MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@MrForz.1953 said:

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

Nope

Every legendary screams fashion, you just need to build your character around them.

Well, let's agree to disagree then. The use of this scepter was nice though.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry

@MrForz.1953 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@MrForz.1953 said:

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

Nope

Well, let's agree to disagree then. The use of this scepter was nice though.

They all can be used as a fashion piece, but I agree that some of them are plain ugly af.

// Yanim

• Daniel Handler.4816Daniel Handler.4816 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2019

longer Exordium teaser. In addition to the typical throwing animation legendaries receive, it also has an effect for mind stab.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

longer Exordium teaser. In addition to the typical throwing animation legendaries receive, it also has an effect for mind stab.

i NEEEEEED IT

Best Dressed Memser NA.

edited May 8, 2019

@mortrialus.3062 said:

i NEEEEEED IT

It's ugly imo but I still want it for the animation, wish sunrise gave golden mesmer animations for gs, would be dope. Pink is so unversatile.

// Yanim

• Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Quadox.7834 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

i NEEEEEED IT

It's ugly imo but I still want it for the animation, wish sunrise gave golden mesmer animations for gs, would be dope. Pink is so unversatile.

It's the way around for me, the animations, particularly the autos are so ugly. All it reminds me is of toys kids used to have similar to this. https://i1.wp.com/www.bambinomanly.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/pastelconicalstacker.jpg?zoom=2&fit=800,1058&ssl=1

The degenerate

edited May 9, 2019

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

i NEEEEEED IT

It's the way around for me, the animations, particularly the autos are so ugly. All it reminds me is of toys kids used to have similar to this. https://i1.wp.com/www.bambinomanly.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/pastelconicalstacker.jpg?zoom=2&fit=800,1058&ssl=1

No yeah I agree the animations are ugly, I just want it because it has a mesmer unique animation at all! ;)

// Yanim

• Levetty.1279Levetty.1279 Member ✭✭✭

I was going to make a joke about how, since it looks Mesmer themed and is being shown off by a Mesmer, people will say its proof that Mesmer is Anet's favourite class but people are already doing that.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

That's a fairly epic screenshot :scream:

edited May 10, 2019

@Levetty.1279 said:
    I was going to make a joke about how, since it looks Mesmer themed and is being shown off by a Mesmer, people will say its proof that Mesmer is Anet's favourite class but people are already doing that.

Just show them the unique necromancer animations. It looks like there is going to be multiple types of unique animations for the weapon.

Best Dressed Memser NA.

• Heartpains.7312Heartpains.7312 Member ✭✭✭

While i do like twilight and have it, I guess i might work on getting this legendary, depending on how to get it =p

Interesting, so the new feature of this GS is that it has unique animations for each class that uses it?

Cool concept. Still not sold on the model, prefer something sleeker/simpler. Maybe the footsteps will be awesome though.

@Curunen.8729 said:
    Interesting, so the new feature of this GS is that it has unique animations for each class that uses it?

Cool concept. Still not sold on the model, prefer something sleeker/simpler. Maybe the footsteps will be awesome though.

Every class except guardian has 1 animation unique to them. All of the guardian skills transform but all of them are shared by other classes.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exordium

Best Dressed Memser NA.

• Mouse.7382Mouse.7382 Member ✭✭✭

Saved up the mats for this Legendary in anticipation that it would be good. Made it the 1st day for my mesmer. Looks good on my Asuran...like if Elton John and MC hammer were to have a midget son. Ill post some pics when I get home

The AA with Asuran race is bugged. If you youtube the other mesmer, races, AA--the blade and donuts clearly (and beautifully spin around like a gatling gun)--for an Asuran...it just a soild/non animated sword and static donuts

@Mouse.7382 said:
    The AA with Asuran race is bugged. If you youtube the other mesmer, races, AA--the blade and donuts clearly (and beautifully spin around like a gatling gun)--for an Asuran...it just a soild/non animated sword and static donuts

Have this been fixed or still?
    I am working on this slooowly through wvw, will be replacing Twilight but ah well ><

@Heartpains.7312 said:

@Mouse.7382 said:

Have this been fixed or still?
    I am working on this slooowly through wvw, will be replacing Twilight but ah well ><

Found out from others, it is not a 'bug.' Humanoid (Human/Salad ppl) get the 'spinning GS animation.' Asuran/Char do not (as with all GS AA skills). Sucks

@Mouse.7382 said:

Found out from others, it is not a 'bug.' Humanoid (Human/Salad ppl) get the 'spinning GS animation.' Asuran/Char do not (as with all GS AA skills). Sucks

You mean the animation is lacking for Asura and Char? if it is not a bug, it is just weird design that they don't wanna add it to those 2.

@Heartpains.7312 said:

@Mouse.7382 said:

You mean the animation is lacking for Asura and Char? if it is not a bug, it is just weird design that they don't wanna add it to those 2.

yea...any GS skill (regardless of type of GS) animations are different for different races. Asurans and Charr get screwed.