Siren's Reef

@Zenith.7301 said:

@"Shade.8971" said:Is it coincidence these threads pop up when SR is the daily with an annoying instability?

no, it is a great indicator to show which people have adapted yet, and which don't/can't

the entire last fight is scripted
  • boss shifting (3 times) are scripted and will alwlays be the same (back, nose, mid that order)
  • adds will allways spawn at the same health % the quartermaster that you want to kill asap will allways spawn on the same side (north)
  • the winds that knock you, will allways spawn in the exact same pattern. so with basic movement you can prevent EVERY wind
  • red circle = bad circle, move to the corner of a ship and drop the flux bomb
  • green circle = good circle, stack together and you take no damage, while doing damage (boss takes no damage, only the adds do)

it can't be any more clear

and regarding sa, the circle is big enough to fit 5 players, the issue is players that feel the need to move constantly and push others away, or in windsthat is not the fractal issue, but bad players stressing and causing more risks then there literally are

SR is only "problematic" because it's a clear case of where bad DPS can wipe you. The fight is just significantly different when you can just pull and cleave down a boss compared to when your DPS is bad enough that you actually need to clean up add waves.

The adds essentially serve as a soft enrage because at some point the chill stacking on the group adds up and gets people knocked off by winds when they run out of dodges while permachilled, and that's when the group starts falling apart.

I can still say I have to lecture most groups about killing the quartermasters. Even groups that do CM's without any issue but somehow struggle with this last boss because they refuse to adapt utilities as well for reflection/condi cleanse.

The only fix that needs to happen is for stability to actually work against the wind pushbacks.

Yeah if stab at least worked for the wind pushbacks. That would be nice.

No.People need to learn that not everything can be compensated by support and some things need to be done correctly in order to succeed. People just need to watch their positioning and by attention to their surrounding.

This is a matter of consistency. It's pretty dumb to have exceptions to the rule. Either stability applies to all CC or it does not. There's no reason why stability should work on MAMA CM, Skorvald, Ensolyss, and Artsariv (you know, the freaking CHALLENGE MOTES) but it's totally not okay for it to work on Siren's Reef.

the wind is not a cc effect, so why would stability affect it?if you got blown off (everyone has at some point) you would have noticed that you can still use skills

if you can still use skills, it means you are not disabled in any way

if you are not disabled, there was nothing stability would have done to prevent it

remember that other guy saying "People just need to watch their positioning and by attention to their surrounding."you did not pay enough attention

Or, when I got blown off with stability on it was because I thought it would work? Spare me the crappy condescension as if sidestepping some linear column made you particularly skilled in this game.

People don't use stability in Artsariv or Skorvald or MAMA because they can't dodge the CC. They use it so their DPS skyrockets from not having to interrupt their burst to dodge the thing to begin with. It's part of using your toolset intelligently just as aegis has been used.

But somehow using a less frequently available boon which you press a button for compared to pressing a button for more frequently available dodges makes some posters think they are superior players. Next you'll tell me condition cleanses or resistance are unnecessary because you should dodge them, too.

why the salt?you were wrong, and you were corrected

congratz a free tutotial for you

@melandru.3876 said:

@"Shade.8971" said:Is it coincidence these threads pop up when SR is the daily with an annoying instability?

no, it is a great indicator to show which people have adapted yet, and which don't/can't

• boss shifting (3 times) are scripted and will alwlays be the same (back, nose, mid that order)
  • adds will allways spawn at the same health % the quartermaster that you want to kill asap will allways spawn on the same side (north)
  • the winds that knock you, will allways spawn in the exact same pattern. so with basic movement you can prevent EVERY wind
  • green circle = good circle, stack together and you take no damage, while doing damage (boss takes no damage, only the adds do)

and regarding sa, the circle is big enough to fit 5 players, the issue is players that feel the need to move constantly and push others away, or in windsthat is not the fractal issue, but bad players stressing and causing more risks then there literally are

SR is only "problematic" because it's a clear case of where bad DPS can wipe you. The fight is just significantly different when you can just pull and cleave down a boss compared to when your DPS is bad enough that you actually need to clean up add waves.

The adds essentially serve as a soft enrage because at some point the chill stacking on the group adds up and gets people knocked off by winds when they run out of dodges while permachilled, and that's when the group starts falling apart.

I can still say I have to lecture most groups about killing the quartermasters. Even groups that do CM's without any issue but somehow struggle with this last boss because they refuse to adapt utilities as well for reflection/condi cleanse.

The only fix that needs to happen is for stability to actually work against the wind pushbacks.

No.People need to learn that not everything can be compensated by support and some things need to be done correctly in order to succeed. People just need to watch their positioning and by attention to their surrounding.

This is a matter of consistency. It's pretty dumb to have exceptions to the rule. Either stability applies to all CC or it does not. There's no reason why stability should work on MAMA CM, Skorvald, Ensolyss, and Artsariv (you know, the freaking CHALLENGE MOTES) but it's totally not okay for it to work on Siren's Reef.

the wind is not a cc effect, so why would stability affect it?if you got blown off (everyone has at some point) you would have noticed that you can still use skills

if you are not disabled, there was nothing stability would have done to prevent it

remember that other guy saying "People just need to watch their positioning and by attention to their surrounding."you did not pay enough attention

Or, when I got blown off with stability on it was because I thought it would work? Spare me the crappy condescension as if sidestepping some linear column made you particularly skilled in this game.

People don't use stability in Artsariv or Skorvald or MAMA because they can't dodge the CC. They use it so their DPS skyrockets from not having to interrupt their burst to dodge the thing to begin with. It's part of using your toolset intelligently just as aegis has been used.

But somehow using a less frequently available boon which you press a button for compared to pressing a button for more frequently available dodges makes some posters think they are superior players. Next you'll tell me condition cleanses or resistance are unnecessary because you should dodge them, too.

Merely annoyance with brats like you two who feel such a need to project wanting to be carried (the poster above you even assumes I'm not the support and want the support to carry me instead) onto any claim, because that's what bored forumites like you are wont to do in a game of gotcha lectures. Always waiting to take a swipe at people to solidify that spot on your high horse.

@Zenith.7301 said:

Merely annoyance with brats like you two who feel such a need to project wanting to be carried (the poster above you even assumes I'm not the support and want the support to carry me instead) onto any claim, because that's what bored forumites like you are wont to do in a game of gotcha lectures. Always waiting to take a swipe at people to solidify that spot on your high horse.

wait what?

apparantly you only understand (or accept) your own words so here, catch them with your face

@Zenith.7301 said:This is a matter of consistency. It's pretty dumb to have exceptions to the rule. Either stability applies to all CC or it does not. There's no reason why stability should work on MAMA CM, Skorvald, Ensolyss, and Artsariv (you know, the freaking CHALLENGE MOTES) but it's totally not okay for it to work on Siren's Reef.

key words: "It's pretty dumb to have exceptions to the rule".so why would siren reef be an exception to the same wind effects like deepstone fractal?

you are fighting your own words at this very point, then get salty

i want to be carried?

• i explained the mechanics in my very first post in this very same topic
  • i explain how the wind works to you, it's not a cc so no stability

sounds like i know very well what is going around, doesn't itsounds like i don't need to be carried like you insist, (mind me showing where i want things to be simplified?)

@melandru.3876 said:

wait what?

apparantly you only understand (or accept) your own words so here, catch them with your face

@Zenith.7301 said:This is a matter of consistency. It's pretty dumb to have exceptions to the rule. Either stability applies to all CC or it does not. There's no reason why stability should work on MAMA CM, Skorvald, Ensolyss, and Artsariv (you know, the freaking CHALLENGE MOTES) but it's totally not okay for it to work on Siren's Reef.

key words: "It's pretty dumb to have exceptions to the rule".so why would siren reef be an exception to the same wind effects like deepstone fractal?

i want to be carried?

sounds like i know very well what is going around, doesn't itsounds like i don't need to be carried like you insist, (mind me showing where i want things to be simplified?)

I didn't say you wanted to be carried. I said the poster you referred to had turned a simple suggestion I made RIGHT AFTER SAYING the fractal was not overtuned and perfectly balanced that my suggestion was just a cry for wanting to get carried by my support (I'm usually the support, but the story doesn't matter to him because he's already cased me as a guy wanting to be carried by someone else).

@Zenith.7301 said:

wait what?

i want to be carried?

I didn't say you wanted to be carried. I said the poster you referred to had turned a simple suggestion I made RIGHT AFTER SAYING the fractal was not overtuned and perfectly balanced that my suggestion was just a cry for wanting to get carried by my support (I'm usually the support, but the story doesn't matter to him because he's already cased me as a guy wanting to be carried by someone else).

ok i understand it now, but what do i have to do with that?

all i saw was that you made a mistake on the winds (no stability) and just corrected it.never did i want to look elitist, or better

@Zenith.7301 said:

wait what?

i want to be carried?

This 'suggestion' pops up every week since the fractal got released with the same intention. Make another mechanic skipable so people don't have to bother with it.

Also I never said that you wanted to be carried. Please learn to read and refer with names to people.The carry-comment was in conjunction with sidestepping and dodging and had nothing to do with your question.