DH Update

Mysticjedi.6053

@Klowdy.3126 said:

@"hugo.4705" said:I just want one thing, a trait that reduce bow skills recharge, why not? Seriously, almost all other weapons have a trait that reduce the recharge:
(Greatsword, Sword, Torch, Focus, Shield, Mace and Staff)(PS, which profession have the smallest number of recharge reducing traits? Yeah you found it! Engie! 1!)

Because engineer has kits to swap to, reducing the need to camp a single weapon, and effectively giving them the most weapon swaps in the game.

Would not count them as swap, a real weapon swap would be passing from hammer to rifle for a scrapper. But I agree it's bonus skills and utilitaries.Kits are useless. Only bombs and flamethrower are used a lot.

In fact I referred to engie to compare it with dh, we don't have not many weapons plus no weapon recharge reducing trait

Pure of Sight is my favorite meme trait, given the LB hits like a noodle and DH is technically a melee spec.

For almost the entire time of playing Guardian I've opted to play Core over DH. Unscathed Commander only gives 20% damage bump while Aegis is active, and Power of the Virtuous might only give you 4-5% extra damage in a group setting, but while your DPS might be a bit lower than DH, you provide a considerable bit of utility to the group through the Virtues trait line, providing AoE cleansing, stun break and stability through F2/F3.

I know on paper/golem it's less DPS, but as I'm neither trying to break DPS records nor top arcDPS, I'm fine with less damage overall for a more enjoyable experience, and knowing that I can boost the survivability of my fellow party members.

That said, I spend most of my time in T4 fractals as Quickbrand, again, because I like the role of DPS support more than just a pure damage dealer.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Pure of Sight is my favorite meme trait, given the LB hits like a noodle and DH is technically a melee spec.

For almost the entire time of playing Guardian I've opted to play Core over DH. Unscathed Commander only gives 20% damage bump while Aegis is active, and Power of the Virtuous might only give you 4-5% extra damage in a group setting, but while your DPS might be a bit lower than DH, you provide a considerable bit of utility to the group through the Virtues trait line, providing AoE cleansing, stun break and stability through F2/F3.

I know on paper/golem it's less DPS, but as I'm neither trying to break DPS records nor top arcDPS, I'm fine with less damage overall for a more enjoyable experience, and knowing that I can boost the survivability of my fellow party members.

That said, I spend most of my time in T4 fractals as Quickbrand, again, because I like the role of DPS support more than just a pure damage dealer.

Not DH related, for core guardian in PvE, I think if they changed unscathed contender to retaliation from aegis and make VoJ deal the same damage it does in sPvP, core guardian will be in a very good position PvE wise.

One only hopes... I too prefer core guardian over DH.

@otto.5684 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Pure of Sight is my favorite meme trait, given the LB hits like a noodle and DH is technically a melee spec.

Not DH related, for core guardian in PvE, I think if they changed unscathed contender to retaliation from aegis and make VoJ deal the same damage it does in sPvP, core guardian will be in a very good position PvE wise.

One only hopes... I too prefer core guardian over DH.

That would be a great change to unscathed, as you wouldn't get punished for using Aegis for what it was designed for, which is to absorb a hit, and retaliation is silly easy for a core guard to maintain.

It's hard to be vocal about it though, given outside of Warrior and maybe Thief, most core professions are junk compared to their elites. That Guardian can opt to use Core so successfully in many game modes leaves me thinking ANET wouldn't be in a rush to buff it.

No need to overdo DH buffs. Everytime something gets overbuffed and becomes OP they end up absolutely gutting it half a year later. They just need to start with baseline knockback on deflecting shot + lb dmg boosts in PvE and then reevaluate once people get a chance to try it.

They should also change unscathed contender since its poorly designed. Its too unreliable to be useful since aegis can easily be stripped but also enables cheese one shot builds from out of combat that have been the source of alot of complaints and nerfs against guardian over the past few years. Some sort of stacking damage buildup over time when an attack is blocked would be far healthier for the class and game in the long run.