Fresh air weaver is still relevant gah dammit (#16, #17)

solemn.9670

Some folks say this build is a one trick pony and I just don't agree. The sheer mobility/super-speed uptime combined with some quick thinking (and an invuln, 2 projectile hate skills, vigor/protection uptime, 2 good CCs, shadowstep, 2 stunbreaks, use of arcane blast to immobilize ppl behind you ...) makes it great for kiting and in terms of play-style it seems more similar to thief than anything else. Top tier meta? Probably never. Viable? Oh hell yes.

Many people know how to counter this build, and you have to know how to ... counter them countering you. Lol. If you try to just gank people without being aware of your defensive capabilities on this build it will probably not go very well.

Here is the build:

Glassy - this is what you'd be using in PvPhttp://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnUMAdOglMA+4CM5ilGArILcFiC3Z6OdoWoCEA+gA-j1xHQBMUJoX0T0j9HlG/TZmyeAAA4EA8O1fWHcAYsxGbsxGrBEbsxGbsxGbsxGrUACqMC-w

Tankier but still pretty glassy - good for WvW roaminghttp://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnUMAdOglMA+4CM5ilGAToCEA+g3Z6OdouILcFiCA-jFyHABK/AA+XZmX6JsTJoeqE0z+jSDAOBA+puTAAEA38m38m38mddbezbezbezbezbezSBIoyI-w

Here is the game-play. I made some sub-optimal moves but mostly I'm happy with this. Pls don't be too harsh, I know what I did wrong and tried to notate in the video with text. Lol

Both montages have some misc clips of staff/memes, but not for long .. feel free to skip

Montage #17

Montage #16

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:Some folks say this build is a one trick pony and I just don't agree.

How dare you have a different opinion than mine? REEEEEE

Anyway, nice gameplay, would love to see more. One of the things I love about the class is the sheer theory crafting it has, it encourages me to go for more. Recently, I've tried Sigil of Absorption and you can't imagine how the duels seem to be more fun.

@Auburner.6945 said:

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:Some folks say this build is a one trick pony and I just don't agree.

Anyway, nice gameplay, would love to see more. One of the things I love about the class is the sheer theory crafting it has, it encourages me to go for more. Recently, I've tried Sigil of Absorption and you can't imagine how the duels seem to be more fun.

Hahaha! I can't remember if it was you or where I read it, but I read a post yesterday that mentioned fresh air being gimmicky/a one trick pony, and while that's a pretty funny coincidence, I assure you it wasn't the motivation behind this post :p

Sigil of absorption - that's a cool idea, what weapon set do you pair it with?

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:

Hahaha! I can't remember if it was you or where I read it, but I read a post yesterday that mentioned fresh air being gimmicky/a one trick pony, and while that's a pretty funny coincidence, I assure you it wasn't the motivation behind this post :p

It's all fine.

Sigil of absorption - that's a cool idea, what weapon set do you pair it with?

I play it mainly on Sw/F Fire Weaver as Sword 2 on Air and Focus 5 Air seemed to be quite repetitive for interruption, I guess dagger OH might do as well. I was able to drop Might generating sigils because of Fire Weaver capabilities so that's why Focus was more convinient.