Warrior Arc Divider is bugged.

Vieux P.1238

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sampson.2403 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:Okay so whose going to post tEh berserker arc divider build so plebs like myself can have a little fun in life. Hm?

I haven't actually seen anyone post a build but knowing warrior probably something like this.

HC7N5UR.jpg34AtJC6.jpg

Thank you kind sir!

Ok now let's all jump on the bandwagong & play like every other pleb berserker build.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:Okay so whose going to post tEh berserker arc divider build so plebs like myself can have a little fun in life. Hm?

I haven't actually seen anyone post a build but knowing warrior probably something like this.

HC7N5UR.jpg34AtJC6.jpg

Thank you kind sir!

Ok now let's all jump on the bandwagong & play like every other pleb berserker build.

Yeah. Please do. I'm sure there's plenty of people that will be glad to farm those who play berserker in ranked.

/shrug

At this point I'm not even expecting this to be dealt with in a way that doesnt make it harder for me to play zerker now than it was before the rework, but let Anet do what they feel is correct to address it. If it goes beyond a nerf to Sundering burst and Fury signet to prevent the vuln stacking, then Anet is conveying that big damage with a big telegraph that cannot be hidden is nerfworthy. IF that turns out to be the case, then Oneshot Maul, Chronoburst, D Judgment and all the other oneshot builds should be evaluated by the same metric.

Make no mistake, it -does- need nerfs. The excess damage and opener can easily be mitigated by tweaking one utility (Signet of Fury) and Zerker's interaction with one trait (Sundering Burst). But if we're nerfing because a warrior turning red isnt enough of a visual indication that you need to run or dodge, that's fine too.

Then we can talk about stealth bursts.

To achieve such dammage, they play a very glassy build (berserker amulet without defense spec line). They are quiye fragile too.

I mostly win all my 1v1 against berserkers with my spellbreaker, though of course I can't win if there is one more person to help him.

Don't misunderstand me though... I almost only play spellbreaker, so I know the class very well and I always die if the berserker is with someone else. It is not possible to avoid and block all their dammage.

Anyway, the real solution will be to tone down this amount of dammage, not only to arc divider, but a lot of other builds/combo too. Currently, I'm not sure if I'm the only one, perhaps I am, but still, my estimated survival time in pvp before I die is around 6-7 seconds.

It seems that ArenaNet are not able to do some middle grounds numbers and build combinations. In pvp, there is only full glass burst 2-shot builds (that can be killed very fast too) or the unkillable tank that also can't really kill anything. If you play bruiser (middle between the 2 extreme) you are actually in a disadvantage, because for some reasons that I don't know, you will always eat a lot more dammage than what you can deal.

As a scenario exemple; a middle ground build, aka bruiser can't kill the unkillable tank and the full glass burst build will insta-destroy the bruiser like he was glassy (though he's not).

The power creep is way too high and this skill, like many others, should be toned down to realistic numbers.

"17 000 - 20 00p dammage with arc divider (or similar skills)"... for real, why is it even possible to deal more of what the majority of the classes have as health points?

Only thing bugged about this skill is its animation speed and damage. It needs a severe nerf. Either if its reduced damage with fast animations. Or it does slow animations with high damage. Tired of having warriors rush me while taking 0 damage from stances, headbutting me cause I had to blow my dodge on other high damaging skills and then blowing me up faster then a thief can. Balance is way out of line with this class. The idea of the give or take risk was good, but they need to give way more then they take to be getting these type of results.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@"Lighter.5631" said:
t5Mm3JW.jpg9uhuJyK.jpg
News flash, mesmer one shot 28k hp warrior in 0.5 second in stealth

Comparing a 1 person damaging combo to a 1 button press ability that can down a group. Let that sink in.

YEaaa! What he said. Let it sink ..................in

& if all of you Berserking are ok with having this 1 button, 1 shot, broken killing everything in it's radius then, i want my mesmer Descent Into Madness bug back from 5 years ago.

A 1 shot kill everything due to same insane damage in it's radius as well. Except it got removed cuz it was considered broken as well. How bout that for fairness!

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@"Lighter.5631" said:
t5Mm3JW.jpg9uhuJyK.jpg

Comparing a 1 person damaging combo to a 1 button press ability that can down a group. Let that sink in.

The assertion that GS burst only targets one person for ridiculous damage and that somehow shields it from criticism is faulty. It still comes from stealth and has very little telegraph. You're still bursting someone for all their HP in a combo they will down from if they do not dodge. Whether it is one person or 5 makes no difference.

The assertion that it is a one button press vs a combo is also faulty. If you want to be upset about the damage being dealt from the zerk combo. in such a short span of time, then you should also be equally upset about the instagib mesmer combo, as well as the other combos that culminate in moves being effectively oneshots, like oneshot maul.

Those assertions are also both flat wrong. The mesmer burst combo can affect multiple targets, they just have to be -really- close together for them to all down. The Zerker oneshot build utilizes several utilities and its heal, so it is a combo as well.

So, I think its fair game. Barring the fury sigil and sundering burst synergies I am willing to concede on being too strong, if you wanna come after damage lets go after damage.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"Lighter.5631" said:
t5Mm3JW.jpg9uhuJyK.jpg

The assertion that GS burst only targets one person for ridiculous damage and that somehow shields it from criticism is faulty. It still comes from stealth and has very little telegraph. You're still bursting someone for all their HP in a combo they will down from if they do not dodge. Whether it is one person or 5 makes no difference.

The assertion that it is a one button press vs a combo is also faulty. If you want to be upset about the damage being dealt from the zerk combo. in such a short span of time, then you should also be equally upset about the instagib mesmer combo, as well as the other combos that culminate in moves being effectively oneshots, like oneshot maul.

Those assertions are also both flat wrong. The mesmer burst combo can affect multiple targets, they just have to be -really- close together for them to all down. The Zerker oneshot build utilizes several utilities and its heal, so it is a combo as well.

So, I think its fair game. Barring the fury sigil and sundering burst synergies I am willing to concede on being too strong, if you wanna come after damage lets go after damage.

Yes, it damages multiple people if they are close enough, but that damage isnt the same since GS 2 bounces between targets. Sadly Arc Divider is doing the same damage regardless of how many players there are. Also the number of people this applies to does make a huge difference, see elementalist for example. A class with a weapon designed around high damage AoE, we all know how that story ends.

Not to say that Im not upset about such combos in this game in the first place. But this thread is made for Arc Divider in general so there was no need for me to voice my opinion on them. Both are toxic but one is just shining way more then the other currently.

Zerker one shot doesnt necessarily need to apply the heal as its 1st 2 hits are enough to down even the most squishiest classes when its being pushed out. Not to mention this thing hits heavy and fast even if you are a dodge away while being used on a class that trades 0 risk for high reward.

Dolyak Stance > Headbutt > Berserk > Ark Divider. Having a ability that can reset the most damaging part of this combo is just bad design especially if it can be reused instantly.

Other classes that try to push this kind of damage out have to use high CD abilities to get even a fraction of these results. (Except Daredevils)

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@"Lighter.5631" said:
t5Mm3JW.jpg9uhuJyK.jpg

but i press as much buttons as the combo the mesmer pulled to set up the damage thoalso, one shot in stealth thats 2 times faster, let that sink in.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@"Lighter.5631" said:
t5Mm3JW.jpg9uhuJyK.jpg

Yes, it damages multiple people if they are close enough, but that damage isnt the same since GS 2 bounces between targets. Sadly Arc Divider is doing the same damage regardless of how many players there are. Also the number of people this applies to does make a huge difference, see elementalist for example. A class with a weapon designed around high damage AoE, we all know how that story ends.

Not to say that Im not upset about such combos in this game in the first place. But this thread is made for Arc Divider in general so there was no need for me to voice my opinion on them. Both are toxic but one is just shining way more then the other currently.

Zerker one shot doesnt necessarily need to apply the heal as its 1st 2 hits are enough to down even the most squishiest classes when its being pushed out. Not to mention this thing hits heavy and fast even if you are a dodge away while being used on a class that trades 0 risk for high reward.

Dolyak Stance > Headbutt > Berserk > Ark Divider. Having a ability that can reset the most damaging part of this combo is just bad design especially if it can be reused instantly.

Other classes that try to push this kind of damage out have to use high CD abilities to get even a fraction of these results. (Except Daredevils)

dolyak stance is a ranger skill for your info, if only warrior had a stance that useful

?Did you mean Balanced Stance? If so, headbutt is pretty dodgeable/blockable as well.

That's a weird arguing point to make."Arc divider in its current damage state is busted because a warrior can do the same amount of damage to players per burst regardless of number" without consideration given to the fact that the move is highly telegraphed, or that the warrior is highly visible and must put themselves within 240r of the other players at the same time to hit all of them with all three hits of the burst. The same reason you didn't consider the damage implications of Mesmer GS burst as being "the same" should be applied here, because that is unlikely to happen unless all players involved are actively working for that outcome. There is a range limitation.

Not to say that I'm not upset about such combos in this game in the first place. But this thread is made for Arc Divider in general so there was no need for me to voice my opinion on them. Both are toxic but one is just shining way more then the other currently.

The point I am trying to make is that heavy combos that burn all of your utilities exist in several more concentrated/effective forms across the pvp sphere, and of those a reasonable amount of them can be hidden in stealth. Berserker burst is shining because its new, but we have had to deal with nonsense like this for much longer on far less visual indication. Glad to see that you consider them toxic though, I look forward to your input on the chronoburst and maulburst threads to come if it is decided that big damage with increased fragility and a big telegraph is unfair for the game, because big damage with no telegraph is objectively worse and yet somehow thieves seem to be the only ones being balanced with that idea in mind.

Zerker one shot doesn't necessarily need to apply the heal as its 1st 2 hits are enough to down even the most squishiest classes when its being pushed out. Not to mention this thing hits heavy and fast even if you are a dodge away while being used on a class that trades 0 risk for high reward.

Zerker is trading:

300 toughness baselineAccess to last stand and traited endure pain if they want to maximize for Arc DividerAccess to stability (The patch that reworked zerker significantly nerfed the stability it could get and makes it more fragile)Access to its level 1 and 2 bursts, as well as limited access to its level 3 and all of the trait synergy that comes with that.

That's not zero. Zerkers are significantly more fragile than they were before, less sustained, and less resistant to interrupts. I refuse to accept that being called even -light- risk.

There is no reason why, if you see a zerker coming (and you will, because they cannot stealth) you cannot evaluate whether you can evade arc divider at that time and, if so, evade it. One dodge covers two hits. There is a visual indication if the skill will be unblockable.

If you want to nerf Signet of Fury so warriors can't open with it, or nerf it's interaction with sundering burst, fine. Like I said, I'm against big damage with no warning. But don't touch any other damage coefficients on it. If a zerker gets to 30 adrenaline and you're a light armor and within 240 range of them, you deserve that damage if you aren't expecting to dodge, interrupt, or invuin.

I believe that if there is enough warning that's something is going to hit you for 3 hits that equal all your HP if you don't quit hugging it, then you deserve the damage if you keep hugging it, especially if the warrior has to be in combat with you first.

@"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

Dolyak Stance
> Headbutt > Berserk > Ark Divider. Having a ability that can reset the most damaging part of this combo is just bad design especially if it can be reused instantly.

?Did you mean Balanced Stance? If so, headbutt is pretty dodgeable/blockable as well.

Yes, it damages multiple people if they are close enough, but that damage isnt the same since GS 2 bounces between targets
Sadly Arc Divider is doing the same damage regardless of how many players there are
. Also the number of people this applies to does make a huge difference, see elementalist for example. A class with a weapon designed around high damage AoE, we all know how that story ends.

That's a weird arguing point to make."Arc divider in its current damage state is busted because a warrior can do the same amount of damage to players per burst regardless of number" without consideration given to the fact that the move is highly telegraphed, or that the warrior is highly visible and must put himself within 240r of the other players _at the same time _to hit all of them with all three hits of the burst. The same reason you didn't consider the damage implications of Mesmer GS burst as being "the same" should be applied here, because that is unlikely to happen unless all players involved are actively working for that outcome. There is a range limitation.

Not to say that I'm not upset about such combos in this game in the first place. But this thread is made for Arc Divider in general so there was no need for me to voice my opinion on them. Both are toxic but one is just shining way more then the other currently.

The point I am trying to make is that heavy combos that burn all of your utilities exist in several more concentrated/effective forms across the pvp sphere, and of those a reasonable amount of them can be hidden in stealth. Berserker burst is shining because its new, but we have had to deal with nonsense like this for much longer on far less visual indication. Glad to see that you consider them toxic though, I look forward to your input on the chronoburst and maulburst threads to come if it is decided that big damage with increased fragility and a big telegraph is unfair for the game, because big damage with no telegraph is objectively worse and yet somehow thieves seem to be the only ones being balanced with that idea in mind.

Zerker one shot doesn't necessarily need to apply the heal as its 1st 2 hits are enough to down even the most squishiest classes when its being pushed out. Not to mention this thing hits heavy and fast even if you are a dodge away while being used on a class that
trades 0 risk for high reward.

Zerker is trading:

300 toughness baselineAccess to last stand and traited endure pain if they want to maximize for Arc DividerAccess to stability (The patch that reworked zerker significantly nerfed the stability it could get and makes it more fragile)Access to its level 1 and 2 bursts, as well as limited access to its level 3 and all of the trait synergy that comes with that.

That's not zero. Zerkers are significantly more fragile than they were before, less sustained, and less resistant to interrupts. I refuse to accept that being called even -light- risk.

There is no reason why, if you see a zerker coming (and you will, because they cannot stealth) you cannot evaluate whether you can evade arc divider at that time and, if so, evade it. One dodge covers two hits. There is a visual indication if the skill will be unblockable.

If you want to nerf Signet of Fury so warriors can't open with it, or nerf it's interaction with sundering burst, fine. But don't touch any other damage coefficients on it.I believe that if there is enough warning that's something is going to hit you for 3 hits that equal all your HP if you don't quit hugging it, then you deserve the damage if you keep hugging it, especially if the warrior has to be in combat with you first.

Nah I meant Signet of Might. My bad on Dolyak Stance.

"Arc divider in its current damage state is busted because a warrior can do the same amount of damage to players per burst regardless of number" without consideration given to the fact that the move is highly telegraphed, or that the warrior is highly visible and must put himself within 240r of the other players _at the same time _to hit all of them with all three hits of the burst. The same reason you didn't consider the damage implications of Mesmer GS burst as being "the same" should be applied here, because that is unlikely to happen unless all players involved are actively working for that outcome. There is a range limitation.

Not excatly where I was going with this, not even sure if it matches the context to the quote. The comparison was between a mesmer GS combo and a GS warrior Combo of which one is more powerful. I stated that Warrior is more powerful because Arc divider does more damage, within a bigger radius, while at least mesmer has a trade off of it not working 100% when there are more enemies. Arc Divider doesn't receive the same treatment as a gs combo because in order for that entire process to happen a mesmer must combo a chain of abilities that have to go off one after the next for it to work. Warrior on the other hand must only land 1 ability for it to work.

Where I was going with my combo, Signet of Might -> Headbutt -> Berserk -> Arc divider. Headbutt and Berserk are enough to take a player down a good portion of health, arc divider at that point is a execution skill to which as you pointed out a Zerk has 2 tries at this thanks to their heal.

While I find the 1 shot combo potential toxic in the game, i can tolerate it on a mesmer just due to them being a 1v1 class by nature. Its pretty much their job to focus 1 target down at a time and move onto the next. That being said, Id also be down for support of big damage abilities needing more wind up and telegraphed effects. Elementalist has it, other classes should follow suit.

I dont know about you but 300 toughness is nothing when you still have the best access to sustainable abilities on the lowest CDs in the game, not to mention highest health. Access to stability isnt really much of a issue if you are doing 1v1s since not many classes can burn all the stab you get from Balanced stance. (Trust me, I tried), Only counter to that is corrupting boons. If its a XvX situation then im sure the situation is covered on support at that point wheter if its from a mate blinding an enemy to getting stability from a outside source. Losing synergy with traits is something that all classes have to face sadly. In time theyl patch it out... then again some classes still suffer to this day from bad traits =/

Its easy to say to not hug a warrior, but they have leaps, gap closers, stability, dodges, blocks, invuln... yeah, I dont think I have much more to say on that, getting a warrior off of you is pretty tough now adays if they ignore half your abilities. or Maybe Im just playing a very out of date class (Celestial Staff Tempest).

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:(Celestial Staff Tempest).

Leans back in chairI will @ you when I finish some errands and a more responsive post but I will tell you -right now- that as a staff ele you are already crippled vs any melee oriented 1v1, especially warriors. That's normally a support spec, like hammer revenant.

While I find the 1 shot combo potential toxic in the game, i can tolerate it on a mesmer just due to them being a 1v1 class by nature. Its pretty much their job to focus 1 target down at a time and move onto the next

I also cannot understand this, will elaborate later

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:(Celestial Staff Tempest).

Leans back in chair
I will @ you when I finish some errands and a more responsive post but I will tell you -right now- that as a staff ele you are already crippled vs any melee oriented 1v1, especially warriors. That's normally a support spec, like hammer revenant.

While I find the 1 shot combo potential toxic in the game, i can tolerate it on a mesmer just due to them being a 1v1 class by nature. Its pretty much their job to focus 1 target down at a time and move onto the next

I also cannot understand this, will elaborate later

Lol I figured. I dont use it for the dps But I do support with it. Sadly I cant support anyone when a Zerk runs through.