How to not die - "Rapid Fire" (meme edition)

Zexanima.7851

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:Great I dodges lb2.Now enemy SB penetrates me with 6-10k autoattacks from 1500+ range.

The whole buff thing into pewpewpew isn't why ranger is freaking strong, or overpowered.

Now people often come up with "but I have to be full glass cannon.

Yeah maybe, but there isn't a single build with a 1500range teleport to get close to such rangers.Also the ranger still has so much mobility, that it's always pretty easy to run away, as soon as the enemy gets near you.

And btw. I'm necro main, I don't have invincible skills or dodges on skillsRanger is the worste match up for necro, true. That's more what necro is lacking and not really that ranger is too strong.

@Nimon.7840 said:Great I dodges lb2.Now enemy SB penetrates me with 6-10k autoattacks from 1500+ range.

The whole buff thing into pewpewpew isn't why ranger is freaking strong, or overpowered.

Now people often come up with "but I have to be full glass cannon.

Yeah maybe, but there isn't a single build with a 1500range teleport to get close to such rangers.Also the ranger still has so much mobility, that it's always pretty easy to run away, as soon as the enemy gets near you.

And btw. I'm necro main, I don't have invincible skills or dodges on skills

You're playing Necro. That's the problem. Lol. Pretty much all necro builds will lose to soulbeast.

Sure necro is weak against long range attacks.

But that's exactly the point.The soulbeast oneshot build that goes around right now doesn't have a big weakness

It does have a big weakness. Most classes have some kinda dmg mitigation or at least being able to survive the initial burst. After that the 1shot soulbeast basically has nothing left. He has his weapon swap but his utilities are gone.. no stab.. no dmg immunity ( unless he uses SoS but that sucks anyway )

That's not really a weakness. LolYou can run away, reset, try to burst again.Where is this a weakness?I'd love to do that with my necro.

You even can get dmg immunities as ranger while still doing insane burst dmg and having maybe one of the best mobility in the game

Ofc you can reset against a necro. But whenever I fight these 1 shot rangers ( ofc they tend to get me the first time cus I'm not always expecting it, or if I'm busy fighting someone else and they show up ) I literally just dodge enough of their burst to stay above 50% health and then kill them with no issue. I see other classes like holo do that to them as well. And vs warrior their build doesn't work cus of passive EP

If a ranger looses a 1v1 right now in wvw.Either the ranger player was freaking bad or the opponent just much much much better.

Rapid fire can do around 34k dmg. (And you still have time after that to autoattack for 6-8k per auto)That's killing low health classes 3 times, medium 2 times and even against high health classes that's easily enough to kill them from a range, that no other class has counterplay to other than popping invincibility.

So guaranteed kill, Even if you dodge once. That is op. You have to admit that."But every class has 2 dodges" - so what? Ranger is still 5kilometers away you won't reach the ranger.Mobility wise.no other class has more mobility than ranger. Ok maybe thief.

We aren't talking about the necro-soulbeast matchup.As a ranger you can reset against any other class.You can always choose, if you want to fight or if you don't.And if you choose to fight, the fight is over in 3seconds.

Either you oneshot enemy or you didn't manage to do it, run away and try again in 30seconds, or choose to kill another target.

Mobility of GS and beastmode with a bird = insane distance traveledGS can block as well. You can even take stone signet and still to lots of dmg.

So way enough time to get to a keep or tower to hide in.

If you can't make it..... Oh did I mention bad player?

And there's not just that one build, that is really freaking strong.

There are several other builds (3more to be precise) that have almost no counterplay available as well.

If you think that isn't op. I think you don't know the meaning of "op"

Never encountered a ranger like that. If they hit that hard they are very squish too with low amount of defensive utilities. If he runs MM he likely has no condi cleanse and he will melt vs a condi mirage or necro etc. Sure it's OP with sicem and dmg mods. But it's not like DE which used to have very high dmg comparable to soulbeast while having perma stealth. 1shot soulbeast has its limits. If you want to play it, expect to die a lot even tho you might be able to down a lot of newbies that didn't see you coming.

Edit: I have encountered a ranger like that. He was a pest.. but only because he was abusing SM with cloaking waters, coming from stealth with sicem and QZ insta killing ppl from just outside the wall. One time I double dodges him fast enough with a stunbreak and killed him. Was fun. Should also mention if you bring a DD he is dead too. Thief revenant and condi destroy those 1hit rangers.

• 1 month later...

No problem killing a ranger, no problem playing one either. However, for a necro to kill a ranger does have a lower chance of success, especially from range. Necro is not perfect and its about rangers advantage here(why starts at range with Warclaw available nowadays?). Find it funny, players can tell another a ranger's skill sequence/rotation etc but fail to anticipate for dodge (either the rotation is wrong; or they're doing it wrong).

Edit : With the recent buff, Reapers are considered strong but if the player is getting kited easily, give traits and skills picked a look.