I think this music piece foreshadows Aurene's return

Michram.6853

This is the Third version of "The Prophecy".

First one played just after Aurene's vision,Second one played after we learned about Kralkatorrik's vision,Third plays as if Kralkatorrik's vision became a reality.

This third version is much more victorious as if it would be playing after the final battle, then 'Aurene, Dragon Full of Light' finishes the whole music piece.

Those 2 visions were the prophecies of hope, hope as dangerous weapon, and hope as something beautiful - Kralkatorrik's hope was to dominate the world and the universe, which Aurene saw in her vision, and Aurene's hope is to love and give happiness to everyone, no matter if someone is a Shadow, or the Dragon slayer or a normal villager.

Aurene saw something what Kralkatorrik should have, Kralkatorrik saw something what Aurene should have.

Aurene will return, but as something else - the Pale Tree's herald? reshaped dragon? humanoid avatar of her? Who knows... But she will return in the next episode, her death was meaningful, and I can't wait to see disappointed posts that Aurene should have stayed dead, but it's just impossible to continue the story without Aurene as an integral part to begin creating a new balance.

We should all be prepared for Aurene to return, and understand that she simply has to return.

The writers made Aurene's death meaningful, and I think Glint's idea was to make Aurene something else, she had to meet the Death, so she can befriend with it, understand the nature of the world, it's cruel, but also beautiful. That's basically what GW2's story has been all about since the Personal Story, and that's why they simply have to tie up the Pale Tree into the final episode, but at this point anything is possible, there is no good answer.

the writers may as well change their story rhetorics and just empower the PC somehow so he can defeat and consume Kralk's powers.

But after listening to this music piece I'm much more assured that Aurene's return is imminent.

I’ll be ambivalent about her return. It makes sense she should return given the set up, but she’s such an awful character and damaged what could have been a tidy, tightly plotted fantasy story, that I’ll be happy if I never see her again.

I think you are being way too poetic with all that hope allegory though. I see no reason or logic to cram the pale tree into this jumble either. That would be incredibly left field.

Gw2 personal story was not about what you describe either (although I’m struggling to understand your point over the allegory). It was about uniting people under one goal primarily and a story of new technology overcoming old ideas and threats. A story of industrial progression in part. Whilst the detail was poor the theme to me was vastly better than this messy metaphysical “balance to the force” stuff we have been mixed up in.

Doesnt matter anyway. Death has little obstacle in the plot given the number of deceased characters we have interacted with and gained from. I know Im over simplfying and exaggerating when I say this, but it often feels that death has no meaning in the gw2 Universe when the dead can make an important cameo whenever the writers feel like it.

I appreciate the world is set up like that with the mists, ghosts, souls, undead etc and it needs to be an accepted part of the story and lore, but it still feels overused.

Aurene could be truly dead and still have an important part to play now and/or later sadly

@"Randulf.7614" said:Gw2 personal story was not about what you describe either (although I’m struggling to understand your point over the allegory). It was about uniting people under one goal primarily and a story of new technology overcoming old ideas and threats. A story of industrial progression in part. Whilst the detail was poor the theme to me was vastly better than this messy metaphysical “balance to the force” stuff we have been mixed up in.

The GW2 Personal Story was far from "tightly plotted." The GW2 Personal Story was mostly about the Commander receiving one unearned fast track promotion after another in a series of disjointed storylines (with a thousand dangling plot threads) and then winning the day through pressing Key 1. Industrial progression really wasn't what the story was about. It only rarely comes up, namely the Pact camps and airships. The technological advancements were merely a glimpse at the various peoples pooling their efforts together. We barely had much development of these "new technologies" in the story. (And a lot of that was also mystical, magical, and metaphysical.) Had we continued the storyline of the GW2 Personal Story it would have only led to more braindead "kill the next dragon" stories.

We have been dealing with plotlines pertaining to Aurene (before we even saw her egg) since Living World Season 1 which introduced the Zephyrites and the Master of Peace. So roughly since at least May 2013 with the Bazaar of the Four Winds. Subsequently, Aurene's egg was a major plot point of Living World Season 2 and Heart of Thorns. That's substantially longer than our time with the Old Tyria Personal Story.

@Genesis.8572 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Gw2 personal story was not about what you describe either (although I’m struggling to understand your point over the allegory). It was about uniting people under one goal primarily and a story of new technology overcoming old ideas and threats. A story of industrial progression in part. Whilst the detail was poor the theme to me was vastly better than this messy metaphysical “balance to the force” stuff we have been mixed up in.

The GW2 Personal Story was far from "tightly plotted." The GW2 Personal Story was mostly about the Commander receiving one unearned fast track promotion after another in a series of disjointed storylines (with a thousand dangling plot threads) and then winning the day through pressing Key 1. Industrial progression really wasn't what the story was about. It only rarely comes up, namely the Pact camps and airships. The technological advancements were merely a glimpse at the various peoples pooling their efforts together. We barely had much development of these "new technologies" in the story. (And a lot of that was also mystical, magical, and metaphysical.) Had we continued the storyline of the GW2 Personal Story it would have only led to more braindead "kill the next dragon" stories.

We have been dealing with plotlines pertaining to Aurene (before we even saw her egg) since Living World Season 1 which introduced the Zephyrites and the Master of Peace. So roughly since at least May 2013 with the Bazaar of the Four Winds. Subsequently, Aurene's egg was a major plot point of Living World Season 2 and Heart of Thorns. That's substantially longer than our time with the Old Tyria Personal Story.

I didn't say the personal story was tightly plotted, in fact I said it was poor.

The technological advances was very much part of the story. It wasn't the over arching message like I said, but it was certainly one of the pillars that supported the greater arc of our uniting together. But like I said, the detail was poor even if the theme worked. The Personal story for me will be summed up as a fantastic idea for a campaign perfectly fitting the GW Universe, but extremely poorly implemented.

The whole dragon egg to Aurene whilst committed to (a point in their favour) has not been something which has created for me an interesting or appealing fantasy tale or adventure. I've not enjoyed any aspect of Aurene's involvement in the story in all these years and nor has her role provided an engaging or suitable direction for the story - often in fact her tale has shortened story arcs I have found much more interesting like the arc to take down Joko Even the devs admitted they got that wrong. We didn't even get to be the hero - Aurene was and it was not even necessary. Coupled with too many clunky or dull bonding/training story instances which used up too much of the limited instance time a given episode has.

Much of this will be expectations set by me which is by own admission "on me". Much of it has also just been terrible writing.

Anyway, I've whittled on needlessly and gone off topic, which I apologise for

@Arden.7480 said:

This is the Third version of "The Prophecy".

First one played just after Aurene's vision,Second one played after we learned about Kralkatorrik's vision,Third plays as if Kralkatorrik's vision became a reality.

This third version is much more victorious as if it would be playing after the final battle, then 'Aurene, Dragon Full of Light' finishes the whole music piece.

I wouldn't really consider this to be sounding "more victorious" at all. In fact, I barely hear a difference. Most difference seems to be in pacing and nothing more. It's a slightly faster pace in certain parts from what I'm hearing.

The other track I'm listening to:

@Arden.7480 said:but it's just impossible to continue the story without Aurene as an integral part to begin creating a new balance.

It very much is possible. We just need alternative replacements, and given the Guild Chat for the Skyscale and their attempt to avoid spoilers, I think they hinted that we'll be finding the way to make new replacements. But I doubt she'd stay dead. I just hope her resurrection isn't immediate or a dues ex machina. It needs to be the focus of the episode, and happen no earlier than halfway through (and, hopefully, the episode will be twice as long as most; they've certainly had the time to do this).

@Arden.7480 said:The writers made Aurene's death meaningful, and I think Glint's idea was to make Aurene something else, she had to meet the Death, so she can befriend with it, understand the nature of the world, it's cruel, but also beautiful. That's basically what GW2's story has been all about since the Personal Story, and that's why they simply have to tie up the Pale Tree into the final episode, but at this point anything is possible, there is no good answer.

I don't see how Aurene had to face death to understand the nature of the world. She already knew about its cruelty through the likes of Balthazar, Mordremoth, and Joko.

If she had to die for her ascension into Elder Dragonhood, then it was for an entirely different reason.

@Arden.7480 said:GW2's story is build on hope

I don't see that at all.

@Randulf.7614 said:Gw2 personal story was not about what you describe either (although I’m struggling to understand your point over the allegory). It was about uniting people under one goal primarily and a story of new technology overcoming old ideas and threats. A story of industrial progression in part. Whilst the detail was poor the theme to me was vastly better than this messy metaphysical “balance to the force” stuff we have been mixed up in.

Devs at one point were asked "what is the overarching narrative meaning behind GW2" and the response was something along the lines of "mortals facing the aftermath of taking magic for granted and over-exploiting that resource" and that such has been a running theme since the days of Prophecies. The Elder Dragons are just an extension of that, and the personal story is stuck in that theme too, even if the solution was "advance other technologies to overcome the aftermath of exploiting magic too much".

@Randulf.7614 said:Doesnt matter anyway. Death has little obstacle in the plot given the number of deceased characters we have interacted with and gained from. I know Im over simplfying and exaggerating when I say this, but it often feels that death has no meaning in the gw2 Universe when the dead can make an important cameo whenever the writers feel like it.

The latest plot has been an intentional merging of life and afterlife. Before Path of Fire, death was very much meaningful, where talking to a soul required a dangerous ritual that would similarly summon the attention of demons. And I would imagine that it'll go back to meaningful after Kralkatorrik is dealt with and we're no longer seeing gods and dragons that tear open the barrier between the world and the Mists through Rifts.