Macro users in PvP

Does Anet have something on the server end to detect players using macros?

Last night in a match against a spell breaker it was just a *bam* less than a sec, not a single animation and i'm on the floor, checking the combat log i see 4 skills with 4.6k-4.9k dmg within that micro seconds, he then runs off chill off a bit and goes for the next target in sight with the exact same combo...

When you make assertions like these, it helps to show the combat log so we can have a better idea of what erased your HP. even with macros a Spellbreaker still has relatively slow animations unless frenzied.

Just claiming that something was a macro because it was too fast for you to consider it legit doesn't really account for much. We have several mesmer bursts that can wipe HP bars as well and you dont need a macro to pull them off.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:When you make assertions like these, it helps to show the combat log so we can have a better idea of what erased your HP. even with macros a Spellbreaker still has relatively slow animations unless frenzied.

Just claiming that something was a macro because it was too fast for you to consider it legit doesn't really account for much. We have several mesmer bursts that can wipe HP bars as well and you dont need a macro to pull them off.

my guess was Frenzy with Rampage, Berserker(me) vs Spell Breaker, i was Bull Charging him, but dead at his feet when i arrived in front of him, didn't even see what hit me cos no animation at all, looked at my combat log it was chain 4500+ dmg from Rampage's skills one after anotherdespite it was mid fight into his group, there was not a single hit from his team mate between his hits; it was faster than any mesmer burst i've seen

i tried it on golems afterwards, couldn't reproduce his speed

@megilandil.7506 said:

@"DragonFury.6243" said:I dont know why we need macro in GW2 but Anet allow it

no they dont allow it.from your link:You
cannot
use macros to
create skill chains
in any
competitive environment
, including PvP, WvW, open world activities, races, etc.

Dragon Fury link; Anet does allow it

@"8235E844-3CC1-4724-8B86-45063AFE57F3.6259" said:Unless you're theorising that this macro enabled him to skip animations (which it doesn't) then it's logical to assume that a slight amount of lag made it look like all the skills went off at once?

This

Players use macros for few things in pvp. Warrior player is not one of them. Macros are mostly used for predictable situations like DPS phases on a boss in a raid. Pvp is too unpredictable to rely on macros outside of a few bursts that are achieved through jamming a ton of no animation skills.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

cannot
use macros to
create skill chains
in any
competitive environment

Please don't get banned by pretending not to read the policy.

Macros are allowed for anything that does not give you a competitive advantage: clearing your inventory, dodge jumping, and for playing music. Nothing else.

Macros are mainly an issue with certain mesmer and ele builds where the macro can let them press a bunch of instant cast damage skills all at the same time for a massive instant spike. With spellbreaker they have no instant cast damage and thus have a strict limit on how fast their burst combos can be executed. And since this max speed is easily achievable without a macro, macro's are kinda pointless for them.

Not sure about ele's. But Macros don't work well for mesmers due to casting timing on combos. ( Cast time get's easily interrupted. ) A none lazy mesmer will actually tell you it's easier & more precise to manually combo burst a target then to have a macro do it & miss the burst every time due to movement interruptions ans so on.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

cannot
use macros to
create skill chains
in any
competitive environment

Macros are allowed for anything that does not give you a competitive advantage: clearing your inventory, dodge jumping, and for playing music. Nothing else.

but nothing will stop players from using macro outside jump dodge and they wont get punished at alland we all know even hackers and bots are very rarely to get punishedand outside playing music i dont know why we need macro jump dodge are easy and inventory managements are much more easier now specially after the Unidentified Gear update

@Vieux P.1238 said:Not sure about ele's. But Macros don't work well for mesmers due to casting timing on combos. ( Cast time get's easily interrupted. ) A none lazy mesmer will actually tell you it's easier & more precise to manually combo burst a target then to have a macro do it & miss the burst every time due to movement interruptions ans so on.

Agreed. Too much can go wrong with bursts like this for you to warrant needing a macro for it, anyway. What if your mirror blade hits a random aegis? you just burned all your moves and revealed yourself for no reason.

cannot
use macros to
create skill chains
in any
competitive environment

but nothing will stop players from using macro outside jump dodge and they wont get punished at alland we all know even hackers and bots are very rarely to get punishedand outside playing music i dont know why we need macro jump dodge are easy and inventory managements are much more easier now specially after the Unidentified Gear update

Well does are the same lazy macro playing players who complains about how high tier & hard spvp is. Especially when face vs skilled players not using macro's. Ha! lame...

Never understood the idea of cheating in Gw2 with macros. I basically click a skill 3-4 times before it actually gets used. In games like League or starcraft it is understandable.....But in Gw2 the cast time rarely is instant,thooooooough, maybe beside 1 shot builds. But you basically keep an eye on them, dodge once and they are done for the rest of the game.

@zengara.8301 said:Never understood the idea of cheating in Gw2 with macros. I basically click a skill 3-4 times before it actually gets used. In games like League or starcraft it is understandable.....But in Gw2 the cast time rarely is instant,thooooooough, maybe beside 1 shot builds. But you basically keep an eye on them, dodge once and they are done for the rest of the game.

Macro's is not cheating.. It's just lazy & made for plebs & scrubs that pretend there pros but realize how there not when they get owned by real players that took time to get some real skillz. & cries about it on the forum. No! cheating is using third party software breaking the game. Speed hack's, infinite teleport..infinite life & so on....

Gaming mice have 19 buttons, people have muscle memory using them and barely have to move a few millimeters to activate those buttons.

Not everything is Macro and this would be the very worst game to macro in.

That said, sounds like you or the Warrior was lagging. Warrior doesn't really have any instacast abilities. Either that or one skill hit you like a truck and the damage log didnt display it properly.A picture of combat log with skills used would have been helpful.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@"zengara.8301" said:Never understood the idea of cheating in Gw2 with macros. I basically click a skill 3-4 times before it actually gets used. In games like League or starcraft it is understandable.....But in Gw2 the cast time rarely is instant,thooooooough, maybe beside 1 shot builds. But you basically keep an eye on them, dodge once and they are done for the rest of the game.

Macro's is not cheating.. It's just lazy & made for plebs & scrubs that pretend there pros but realize how there not when they get owned by real players that took time to get some real skillz. & cries about it on the forum. No! cheating is using third party software breaking the game. Speed hack's, infinite teleport..infinite life & so on....

Yeaaah idk, I dont think the only way you can "cheat" is by being indestructible to be honest. Anything that puts you in a better position compared the opposing player, that isn't hardwired in the game, seems like a cheat to me >.< For example food and oils can't be seen as cheating in WvW, but having an alt to use all tactivators is, or being in opponents Team Speak. Even to a degree where you are able to see opponents build, so you can directly counter it

Obviously hacking the game in such extreme measures, counts as cheating and above that as hacking, as well.

cannot
use macros to
create skill chains
in any
competitive environment

Well does are the same lazy macro playing players who complains about how high tier & hard spvp is. Especially when face vs skilled players not using macro's. Ha! lame...

yea you are right i was accused for being macro user 2 to 3 time when i play with my reaper and i do death's charge and soul spiral in my executioner's scythe single ice field

@DragonFury.6243@"Burnfall.9573"Simply because some people fail at reading or at understanding what they read:

Attended macro use is permitted as long as it is not exploitative, and as long as it does not provide the user with an unfair advantage over other players. Unattended macro use is prohibited under any circumstances.(snip)

Now on the issue of if these things get sanctioned, that's a different issue, but if you are using macros in spvp you are at risk of receiving sanctions.

So please, in case of people who decide to link to Policy posts, make sure you ACTUALLY understand what is written in them.

@zengara.8301 said:

@zengara.8301 said:Never understood the idea of cheating in Gw2 with macros. I basically click a skill 3-4 times before it actually gets used. In games like League or starcraft it is understandable.....But in Gw2 the cast time rarely is instant,thooooooough, maybe beside 1 shot builds. But you basically keep an eye on them, dodge once and they are done for the rest of the game.

Yeaaah idk, I dont think the only way you can "cheat" is by being indestructible to be honest. Anything that puts you in a better position compared the opposing player, that isn't hardwired in the game, seems like a cheat to me >.< For example food and oils can't be seen as cheating in WvW, but having an alt to use all tactivators is, or being in opponents Team Speak. Even to a degree where you are able to see opponents build, so you can directly counter it

Obviously hacking the game in such extreme measures, counts as cheating and above that as hacking, as well.

You say anything that puts you in a better position compared to opposition. Well i'm using a G-13 game pad & a MMO G-600 mouse with 12 buttons on the side. & i can assure you, that puts me in a better position then most of my opposition.

Am i cheating?Should i be banned for it?

Of course not.

Macros are the same. It's just a 1 button preset on your keyboard. & it can't work with all classes or combos becuz of casting time of some skills. As i said before, it don't work well with mesmers for example. It will work well with the no high tier classes like warrior or thief. But it's still not cheating.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

You say anything that puts you in a better position compared to opposition. Well i'm using a G-13 game pad & a MMO G-600 mouse with 12 buttons on the side. & i can assure you, that puts me in a better position then most of my opposition.

Am i cheating?Should i be banned for it?

Of course not.

Macros are the same. It's just a 1 button preset on your keyboard. & it can't work with all classes or combos becuz of casting time of some skills. As i said before, it don't work well with mesmers for example. It will work well with the no high tier classes like warrior or thief. But it's still not cheating.

You have a faulty way of explaining your point of view. 12 buttons on a mouse is not making you a better play in any means, it just makes it easier to put skills in quick successions. I know for a fact that even with your 12 buttons you can't evade one of the most common, telegraphed bursts just because you don't have the muscle memory for that.Cheats are what is not accepted by the game and is still used. As said above,> @Cyninja.2954 said:

@DragonFury.6243@"Burnfall.9573"Simply because some people fail at reading or at understanding what they read:

Attended macro use is permitted as long as it is not exploitative, and as long as it does not provide the user with an unfair advantage over other players. Unattended macro use is prohibited under any circumstances.
(snip)

Now on the issue of if these things get sanctioned, that's a different issue, but if you are using macros in spvp you are at risk of receiving sanctions.

So please, in case of people who decide to link to Policy posts, make sure you ACTUALLY understand what is written in them.

(To Vieux P) When I say your explanation is faulty it's because you omit parts of discussive exchanges by simply saying it isn't because look, I do something that isn't cheating and I'm still at an advantage over other players when it clearly is acceptable under general gameplay guidelines. Keybinds make someone at a better position than a skill clicker, but that's how to learn to play, and should not be put in a cheats-by-macros as an argument to say macroing is not cheating when it clearly is by Arena Net's policies and standards (look at quote above). And they said (zengara) that if it is hardwired in the game it's not cheating, while you blatantly omitted that part of what they said.

TL&DR: Macro usage is cheating because it is against general Arena Net gaming policy. And Vieux, don't say you're good. You play Chaos Condition Mirage because you don't know how to actually rotate and play intelligently, abusing mechanics that are broken while being salty and oppressively mad and insulting to players that beat you as roamers in 1v1s. But that's purely subjective so I'll leave it to that. PArdon my flaming, it's just too tempting to post that XD