WvW feels boring after No Downstate Week

Lonecap.4105

@melandru.3876 said:

@melandru.3876 said:killing 25 people means nothing

they could be new, they could be pve players doing "capture camp daily" or they could use zerg builds, hence why they are with 25not a single zerg build will win vs any roamer build, that's not what the zerg build is designed for

if i have to count every herald that i killed in just a matter of seconds because he was using a hammer backliner build trying to rejoin tag...well i'd be busy for a whilesame with scourgessame with staff weavers

pretty easy to 1vs x those

So you've never killed a blob with a commander with some strong roamers who know how to max range 360 cloud? 25 people should never get killed by 5. And this happened a few times where I took apart larger groups. Sorry that not everyone I fight or kill is at the top of their game? Sure some of them could have been PvE players... so? What am I supposed to do? You don't choose enemies if it's a blob.

you play berserker, all you have to do is run in a zerg use arc divider twice and you killed 10 peopledon't tell me that's not the case, as it is exactly what i have been doing the last weekonly my survival chances where minimal,

imagine if i had 4 friends with me and 1 guy was a support class

superior sigil of vision, use warclaw jump, it will put you in combat (and activate sigil of vision) then the following pro-skilled burstit takes immense skill to press 6 skills (signet of might, headbutt, berserk, arc divider, blood reckoning, arc divider. congratz you killed 10 people

all that, with full valkyry stats because we don't need precision for this one-trick pony build

you want to tell me, that is hard to do? most zerg builds have 0 self sustain, because they have other classes doing the support

I was running Berserker prior to the patch, and no I'm not running one-trick Arc, even though I do have GS and I have used Arc (why would I not use it?). Anyway, a semi-decent player won't get deleted so easily by Arc Divider. I'm not going to argue with you about my gameplay, fact is you have no idea what I'm capable of in this game.

It's not like Arc isn't 0 risk. You have to go inside of the enemy to use it, you can be CC'd, Berserker is squishiest Warrior spec with least room for defensive utility, etc. You could criticize all builds for "just pressing these buttons". It's about WHERE and WHEN you use them, that makes the difference.

i know exactly what you are capable off as i'm a warrior main myselfunless you have some super secret self made build that only you use, i know everythign else by heart

i escpecially lol'd at your "Anyway, a semi-decent player won't get deleted so easily by Arc Divider."

basically you tell everyone (but yourself) to git gud, and deal with the multihit burst that you can instra refresh. on full valkyry gear i do 10k per hit, to 5 men. they will need to burn both their dodges, and they will still get hit by atleast 2 waves (that are unblockable..signet of might) and are downed (insta finnished)

yea, doesn't work like that

In the entire downstate week, I died to an enemy Arc Divider exactly once. It's not hard to be enemy aware and move off if you see a big flashing berserker with firetruck lights on coming at you. Like huh? Berserker doesn't have teleport. It has telegraphed, slow and clunky gap closers. So you died for this reason.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

they could be new, they could be pve players doing "capture camp daily" or they could use zerg builds, hence why they are with 25not a single zerg build will win vs any roamer build, that's not what the zerg build is designed for

if i have to count every herald that i killed in just a matter of seconds because he was using a hammer backliner build trying to rejoin tag...well i'd be busy for a whilesame with scourgessame with staff weavers

So you've never killed a blob with a commander with some strong roamers who know how to max range 360 cloud? 25 people should never get killed by 5. And this happened a few times where I took apart larger groups. Sorry that not everyone I fight or kill is at the top of their game? Sure some of them could have been PvE players... so? What am I supposed to do? You don't choose enemies if it's a blob.

you play berserker, all you have to do is run in a zerg use arc divider twice and you killed 10 peopledon't tell me that's not the case, as it is exactly what i have been doing the last weekonly my survival chances where minimal,

superior sigil of vision, use warclaw jump, it will put you in combat (and activate sigil of vision) then the following pro-skilled burstit takes immense skill to press 6 skills (signet of might, headbutt, berserk, arc divider, blood reckoning, arc divider. congratz you killed 10 people

all that, with full valkyry stats because we don't need precision for this one-trick pony build

you want to tell me, that is hard to do? most zerg builds have 0 self sustain, because they have other classes doing the support

I was running Berserker prior to the patch, and no I'm not running one-trick Arc, even though I do have GS and I have used Arc (why would I not use it?). Anyway, a semi-decent player won't get deleted so easily by Arc Divider. I'm not going to argue with you about my gameplay, fact is you have no idea what I'm capable of in this game.

It's not like Arc isn't 0 risk. You have to go inside of the enemy to use it, you can be CC'd, Berserker is squishiest Warrior spec with least room for defensive utility, etc. You could criticize all builds for "just pressing these buttons". It's about WHERE and WHEN you use them, that makes the difference.

i know exactly what you are capable off as i'm a warrior main myselfunless you have some super secret self made build that only you use, i know everythign else by heart

i escpecially lol'd at your "Anyway, a semi-decent player won't get deleted so easily by Arc Divider."

basically you tell everyone (but yourself) to git gud, and deal with the multihit burst that you can instra refresh. on full valkyry gear i do 10k per hit, to 5 men. they will need to burn both their dodges, and they will still get hit by atleast 2 waves (that are unblockable..signet of might) and are downed (insta finnished)

In the entire downstate week, I died to an enemy Arc Divider exactly once. It's not hard to be enemy aware and move off if you see a big flashing berserker with firetruck lights on coming at you. Like huh? Berserker doesn't have teleport. It has telegraphed, slow and clunky gap closers. So you died for this reason.

by that logic, no zerg ever should be hit by a spellbreaker winds of disenchantment, as you see the warrior comming from 1000+ range, right?

yet reality (and not your flawed dream) is...that is not the case, and bublle will hit you..from point blank melee range

care to explain?

@melandru.3876 said:

by that logic, no zerg ever should be hit by a spellbreaker winds of disenchantment, as you see the warrior comming from 1000+ range, right?

yet reality (and not your flawed dream) is...that is not the case, and bublle will hit you..from point blank melee range

care to explain?

Sure I will explain. If a Warrior is using Savage Leap/Bull's Charge/Featherfoot Grace to deliver bubble, you will begin to move off when you see the large glowing cast (assuming here for some reason, not a single necro used corrupt, and CC was inadequate). If you responded properly, your strips should have been minimal. If a Berserker is coming at you with firetruck lights on to deliver Divider, then you will move off, dodge is 300 units, final arc proc is 460 radius, so combined with moving you can easily dodge even the farthest swing of radius (or just use cds). Not to mention that a single arc hit won't one-shot you, only a multi-hit.

So in both cases it is quite possible to move out with minimal damage/strips/time in disenchant zone just by having decent reaction times and enemy awareness. Keep in mind this is ALL assuming you failed to use corrupts, cooldowns (invuls/evades/escapes), CC, etc.

care to explain?

Sure I will explain. If a Warrior is using Savage Leap/Bull's Charge/Featherfoot Grace to deliver bubble, you will begin to move off when you see the large glowing cast (assuming here for some reason, not a single necro used corrupt, and CC was inadequate). If you responded properly, your strips should have been minimal. If a Berserker is coming at you with firetruck lights on to deliver Divider, then you will move off, dodge is 300 units, final arc proc is 460 radius, so combined with moving you can easily dodge even the farthest swing of radius (or just use cds). Not to mention that a single arc hit won't one-shot you, only a multi-hit.

So in both cases it is quite possible to move out with minimal damage/strips/time in disenchant zone just by having decent reaction times and enemy awareness. Keep in mind this is ALL assuming you failed to use corrupts, cooldowns (invuls/evades/escapes), CC, etc.

just from reading that i can tell you have never zerged, or hit a zerg.every blob fights has bubbles being landed left and right so you are now more or less stating yourself as the superior player and degrading every zerg-plas as unskilled

if only we had mounts with 3 endurance bars so we can literally walk straight in a zerg without taking a single hitunless you assume a commander will call a bomb on a single guy?

what you also fail to mention is, that arc divider doesn't root us in place. if you move or try to move out of range, there is nothjing that will prevent me from moving with you. so you either dodge, or take the hit as it's unblockable as mentioned earlier

and you are wronga second time , a single arc hit will one shot any zerk eles with zerg build

also when did the situation (as i allready explained) change? it turned from comming in on kitty, doing the easy burst....to a berserk running at you from 1000+ range

how can you even compare those lol

care to explain?

With that logic no skill would ever hit because enemy can just dodge it 4head

@steki.1478 said:

care to explain?

no more meteor showers for you

@melandru.3876 said:

care to explain?

At least I wont die from retaliation.

@steki.1478 said:

care to explain?

At least I wont die from retaliation.

you might die to boredomlets just leave wvw, when is great jungle wurm up?

It was a pretty boring week.

The event should not repeat again unless the pace of the game is slowed down.
I'd rather have another crazy golem event than enabling any more toxic "Strike first, strike hard, no mercy" cobra kai nonsense for another week.
Fights should be about trading blows, attrition, and gaining the upper hand through the fight, not about who brings the most obnoxious gimmicks that deal the most damage in the least possible time, and reset the fastest while bypassing the most counters until it gets fixed.

@steki.1478 said:I personally enjoy getting rezzed after being killed from stealth on my glass cannon build and then carry the fight afterwards. I guess each to their own.

Not everyone enjoys ganking just like not everyone enjoys zerging.

You get punished by playing glass then say you enjoy your free ress wat.

@Anput.4620 said:

@steki.1478 said:I personally enjoy getting rezzed after being killed from stealth on my glass cannon build and then carry the fight afterwards. I guess each to their own.

Then punish all classes by giving them same base health and same passive traits.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:There's a certain group composite that can take on a greater number of pugs and live forever esp if you spec to compliment and are in discord and hump each other. I'm guessing your group was something like scrapper scourge fb ele and you. I'm not 100 percent sure on the composite but it's pretty kitten broken. Nvm i missed where you said part of the group was rev and guard. Haven't seen how effective that is 1st hand.

Unkillable by even numbered unorginized players, maybe. What you are suggesting is that people who give no thought into their builds with no organization or fighting skill should be able to kill anyone else......Because.

Also, I thought it was 1-shot builds for no downedstate events? Now it's unkillable groups? I think what you are looking for is skilled groups, those who know how to land DPS, who know how to survive and work in a team, who are in coms, who put effort into builds and who put time into learning and getting better.

Yes of course organization should be rewarded but it doesn't make you more skilled cause you brought 4 friends in coms and I didn't.

Didn't you know I am better than Helseth, because three of us ganked him once on one of his rare excursions into WvW.

Obviously us being on TS and in a three man group shows we are more skilled than a guy who won multiple PvP tournies.

I'm sure it had nothing at all to do with WvW being an uncompetitve game mode where encounters often consist of players with completely different priorities when playing, it was definitely all skill on my part, I am definitely better than Helseth, I was on TS that proves it, what greater example of skill could there be.

@steki.1478 said:

Then punish all classes by giving them same base health and same passive traits.

Remove classesbest argument yet

@steki.1478 said:

That's not how it works? Lower health often has range or more sustain/mobility/evade.

@Anput.4620 said:

That's not how it works? Lower health often has range or more sustain/mobility/evade.

Range doesn't make you invulnerable for 8 seconds. Sustain doesn't come without healing power. When it comes to mobility ele and guard are among less mobile classes (funny enough ranger has both better range and mobility while having higher base health and sustain in zerk/marauder gear).

Warrior has all 3 while having high health and long damage immunity, but necro has none. Why should a class that's useless on its own and relies on support, rallying and reviving be in same situation with a class that's tanky on its own, does damage and is mobile enough to kill people and get out without being touched? Why would a class that relies on having 1k defensive stats in order to have some sustain be in same situation like class that has the most stats in game and has comparable sustain in berserker armor while also having superior mobility, damage and boon uptime?

If you want removal of downed state then balance out classes so they don't have access to sustain in berserker gear, so they cant get 25 might with 1 button, so they cant close gap of 2k range within 2 seconds every 10 seconds etc. Remove invulns from classes that have too many base defensive options so if they decide to be glass cannon they can actually be glassy...

it's definitely less fun with downstate.

The no-downstate event forces players to be a little better with their builds and team comps -- maybe even a bit better with their skill rotations and play.

Now it's back to running trash and getting rescued by +1s.

@steki.1478 said:

Range doesn't make you invulnerable for 8 seconds. Sustain doesn't come without healing power. When it comes to mobility ele and guard are among less mobile classes (funny enough ranger has both better range and mobility while having higher base health and sustain in zerk/marauder gear).

Warrior has all 3 while having high health and long damage immunity, but necro has none. Why should a class that's useless on its own and relies on support, rallying and reviving be in same situation with a class that's tanky on its own, does damage and is mobile enough to kill people and get out without being touched? Why would a class that relies on having 1k defensive stats in order to have some sustain be in same situation like class that has the most stats in game and has comparable sustain in berserker armor while also having superior mobility, damage and boon uptime?

If you want removal of downed state then balance out classes so they don't have access to sustain in berserker gear, so they cant get 25 might with 1 button, so they cant close gap of 2k range within 2 seconds every 10 seconds etc. Remove invulns from classes that have too many base defensive options so if they decide to be glass cannon they can actually be glassy...

My ele has infinitely more sustain than my longbow ranger, what are you talking about? My ele also isn't slow because i actually slot in some escapes which gives me a long dash and 2 teleports, while also having like 8 different evades, protection, permaswiftness, infinite heals on no real cds, barriers and permaswiftness.

Necro has aoe damage, ranged damage, boon corrupts, barriers and 20k base HP, they have their own advantages, there is a reason they are the most played thing in WvW, yet no one cares about them.

Warrior dies to kiting and lacks proper emergency heals, burst them down after the invul is off. They also have no range to speak of. They aren't weak by any means but also not OP, FC needs a buff tbh. Only berserker is slightly overtuned rn which should be fixed anyways.

@Anput.4620 said:

My ele has infinitely more sustain than my longbow ranger, what are you talking about? My ele also isn't slow because i actually slot in some escapes which gives me a long dash and 2 teleports, while also having like 8 different evades, protection, permaswiftness, infinite heals on no real cds, barriers and permaswiftness.

Necro has aoe damage, ranged damage, boon corrupts, barriers and 20k base HP, they have their own advantages, there is a reason they are the most played thing in WvW, yet no one cares about them.

Warrior dies to kiting and lacks proper emergency heals, burst them down after the invul is off. They also have no range to speak of. They aren't weak by any means but also not OP, FC needs a buff tbh. Only berserker is slightly overtuned rn which should be fixed anyways.

Don't compare celestial build sustain to berserker build sustain. Necro has advantage only with a support, warrior doesn't need one. Necro dies to kiting a lot easier because it has no mobility, blocks or invulns unlike warrior who can't even be immobilized or crippled.

Why do classes that rely on support to do damage (glass ele, any necro) be useless on their own just because they are good in groups? On the other side, why would a class be worthless in large scale (ranger) only because it's strong in roaming?

There's a lot of balance issues to be dealt with before no down state can be even considered as permanent feature.

@steki.1478 said:

Don't compare celestial build sustain to berserker build sustain. Necro has advantage only with a support, warrior doesn't need one. Necro dies to kiting a lot easier because it has no mobility, blocks or invulns unlike warrior who can't even be immobilized or crippled.

Why do classes that rely on support to do damage (glass ele, any necro) be useless on their own just because they are good in groups? On the other side, why would a class be worthless in large scale (ranger) only because it's strong in roaming?

There's a lot of balance issues to be dealt with before no down state can be even considered as permanent feature.

lol, ok so first of all. Staff ele needs group support, because it has the highest damage output of any class in large scale fights. Ele isn't useless on it's own (L2P issue here not sure), there are roaming and duelist builds (fresh air) and you can roll Tempest if you wanna be support. Necro is great in groups, but a Reaper can be really strong in smallscale too (mostly with a plus 1).

Warrior is a great duelist (especially Core/Spb), but it's damage will be mediocre and easy to dodge if they are running Endure Pain hero build. Spellbreaker is great in large scale, but quite underwhelming in small scale (unless using Str/Disc tetherbreaker). Berserker can be strong in both, but gets blown up easily.

Ranger is useless in large scale in a DPS sense, because it mostly only has single target access (longbow 5 isn't enough AoE). I have never seen a Ranger do competitive damage large scale, even when commanders have let them attempt it. It could be decent large scale support, but just isn't sadly.

If wvw was boring after nds, was it boring the whole time before nds? If it at any point felt boring, it would probably be wise to find excitement in other games just to break the monotony and come back to make the game feel fresher, or try other modes and classes and weaponsets, that way you won't be bored in the meantime. That is all I can suggest sorry.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:If wvw was boring after nds, was it boring the whole time before nds? If it at any point felt boring, it would probably be wise to find excitement in other games just to break the monotony and come back to make the game feel fresher, or try other modes and classes and weaponsets, that way you won't be bored in the meantime. That is all I can suggest sorry.

It's not that simple actually. I still like WvW, even with downstate. I won't stop playing WvW.

I'm just bringing light to my opinion that WvW feels comparatively more boring now than it did during no downstate.