Upcoming Bonus Events

Story mode dungeons need love. I love them but there is too little incentive to run them, and there are too few people who want to do them (because it’s not rewarding for them either). Adding dungeon tokens for completing story mode paths will make them comparable to explorable paths, and maybe adding some other rewards (gold / silver, karma, chest of dungeoneering, etc) might make them more attractive. Maybe there could be a chance to drop ascended gear just like fractals do.

Maybe we could bring back the marionette fight as a limited time event?

Maybe re-introduce monthlies?

This game could use an event that makes the obsidian sanctum jumping puzzle more rewarding, both for completing it and for killing other players in it.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revamp Side Stories, I've been trying to do some of them and there is no-one doing them. For example Conservation of Magic solo is pretty hard.

Do something with sidestories, it can make the PvE side more attractive and active. Instead of doing the Meta's over and over and over and over. Which makes me quit GW2 every few weeks. Because I get bored, because there's nothing else for me to do, no goal I can achieve. Grinding doesn't do it for me.

Hm, removing daily limits doesn't sound like a good idea to me...

• for the entire week people will probably just spam bosses/metas, world boss grind basically
  • those items won't be as special anymore if people will have a million chances to get them
  • there will be less players to do other content with
  • everyone having an equal chance at loot once a day per boss would be optimal and the most rewarding even for those who have limited play time (even the alt account spamming should be addressed somehow)

Also, idk why you're focusing on bosses and metas, those are done regularly.Dungeons on the other hand, for example, are completely abandoned, playing for over 2 months and barely tried a few...

@"Friday.7864" said:Hm, removing daily limits doesn't sound like a good idea to me...

• for the entire week people will probably just spam bosses/metas, world boss grind basically

Yep, this will 100% happen. During these events these will become the new "24/7 farms". That is something no game should shrive to do. If the bosses are worth doing there will always be someone doing it at any hour.

• those items won't be as special anymore if people will have a million chances to get them

I assume this is referring to the Meta Boss Rush that will be happening a few weeks after the World Boss event. The infusions have a insanely low drop rate so these special bonus events won't even put a dent in them. The only thing it will do is force players to do those events 24/7 to maximize their chances.

• there will be less players to do other content with

This has happened so many times. Auric Basin Multi map abuse, Istan Meta/Champ farm abuse, SW, etc. If something is too good players will flock to it and do it as much as they can and nothing else.

• everyone having an equal chance at loot once a day per boss would be optimal and the most rewarding even for those who have limited play time (even the alt account spamming should be addressed somehow)

And this is where I don't get it. A easy fix to all of this would be to double/triple the loot of World Bosses/Meta Bosses and keep the cap. That way players can do them once a day and go back to other content. They're not forced to do those events 24/7 until the event ends to maximize their rewards. It takes away the players choice in the game. Add in you're going to see a ton of players try to abuse World Bosses/Meta with multi map squads. It pains me but during these events we're going to see the worst of the community come out.

ATM Star Trek Online is doing this log in daily and complete a specific mission thing to get a free T6 ship which is usually something you need to invest in the in game store to do.I'm just wondering if Anet would consider doing something similar, Do a PoF daily achievement event or something that if you manage to log in every day and complete your dailes for the whole month then your big reward at the end would be a single free mount licence skin of your choice.

Just an idea.. but I think offering gem store items as special rewards like that would be good insentive.It would also kinda revive the old Monthly achievement thing which a lot of us kinda miss tbh ^^

I was doing alot of world bosses and metas sadly especially after PoF its not worth it, value of mats got halved - value of gems got almost doubled. Its why i support so much legendary weapons and other craftables not so much to own it but they revive the economy - some buy gems and sell for gold other use gold directly, in both ways it lowers the gems value and increases the mats value, and thats whats going to help participations not only in world bosses but in all game modes (everthing new right now just get tossed on gem store).

Im still very happy for the event, gw2 really needs those weekly events sadly i dont see it very beneficial or fun except the first time.

@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:

Future iterations we’re thinking about are:

• No daily limit on world boss loot

To bad that this is not going to amount to anything except for maybe Teq. and TT. The meta in AB essentially already doesn't have a daily limit but the drop rate of vial of liquid aurillium is so low that it doesn't make a difference regardless. Same with the meta in TD, give out the daily box every 2 hours and the chance of getting a chak egg sac is still "0". And these are just the once wich actually have a "chance" to drop something valuable, most world bosses don't even have anything worthwhile in their loot pool so removing the "daily limit on world boss loot" isn't going to change anything.

@phs.6089 said:Shake is up, make raids bosses to spawn instead of world bosses randomly :) Don't drop LI, I don't wanna hear raiders riot.Just imagine usual zerg gets to daily Teq and surprise, it's Mat or someone esle.What is Bonus Box of Goods btw? 2 blues and a green?

Wouldn't hurt if you make that HoT map currency usuable, go for grind, 10k aulirium/ley for acc bound infusions.For the love all nine, do something with PoF metas

I LOVE the idea of having raid bosses spawn instead of world bosses!

Who has the various and sundry books, tomes, journals, and such collected during the story journeys and adventures spanning the world of Tyria? Who hates these collected books taking up space in their inventory? Who hates destroying these books to save inventory space. Who would like to have a library in their home instance (or some other device) to store and retrieve in-game books collected during the course of playing the game? Me, for one.

• ArenaNet Staff

Since there's a mismatch between all of the encounters listed on the Wiki as "World Boss" and what has additional rewards during this event, here's the list of what has additional rewards this time around:

Shadow BehemothFire ElementalSvanir Shaman ChiefJungle Wurm (Caledon Forest)Modniir Ulgoth
Taidha CovingtonMegadestroyerGolem Mark IIShattererClaw of JormagKarka QueenTequatl the SunlessEvolved Jungle Wurm (Bloodtide Coast)

@Khisanth.2948 said:or just follow the names displayed in the event info box :)

As useful as it is, it isn't accurate. It doesn't list all applicable ones. So far it has skipped Jormag and Tequatl. It may have missed Karka too - I didn't pay attention to that one.

The next time Jormag came round it appeared in the box so it's clearly picking and choosing what to display

@"Chris Cleary.8017" said:Since there's a mismatch between all of the encounters listed on the Wiki as "World Boss" and what has additional rewards during this event, here's the list of what has additional rewards this time around:

Shadow BehemothFire ElementalSvanir Shaman ChiefJungle Wurm (Caledon Forest)Modniir Ulgoth

Taidha CovingtonMegadestroyerGolem Mark IIShattererClaw of JormagKarka Queen

Tequatl the SunlessEvolved Jungle Wurm (Bloodtide Coast)

Any plans to resolve the ability to multi-loot bosses like people used to do with AB?

• ArenaNet Staff

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Chris Cleary.8017" said:Since there's a mismatch between all of the encounters listed on the Wiki as "World Boss" and what has additional rewards during this event, here's the list of what has additional rewards this time around:

Taidha CovingtonMegadestroyerGolem Mark IIShattererClaw of JormagKarka QueenTequatl the SunlessEvolved Jungle Wurm (Bloodtide Coast)

Any plans to resolve the ability to multi-loot bosses like people used to do with AB?

The event is designed so that you can kill as many bosses as you want for as many bonus boxes as you want. Calling it "multi-loot" is a misunderstanding of what the "multi-loot" bug was. This requires (if it doesn't we will fix it) that you have participated and are present for the finalization of the boss event to get bonus loot.

So I just opened 9 of the bonus loot boxes and got only minor, worthless stuff, like tiny XY and silver ore. I won't do any more world bosses for this. Yes yes, 9 is not a significant number to make an educated guess of the avergae loot value, sure...

But they put worthless stuff into it, and I don't gamble and do 200 world bosses while I can simply get good chances for ascended crafting items playing other content. It's no fun anyway with lag worse than in a WvW blob.

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Any plans to resolve the ability to multi-loot bosses like people used to do with AB?

The event is designed so that you can kill as many bosses as you want for as many bonus boxes as you want. Calling it "multi-loot" is a misunderstanding of what the "multi-loot" bug was. This requires (if it doesn't we will fix it) that you have participated and are present for the finalization of the boss event to get bonus loot.

Its really depressing as a player that a dev thinks swapping maps to get loot multiple times from a boss/meta isn't abuse within the game. It might not be on par with AB MM abuse since all you had to do is show up for loot but its still bad. It also promotes that this is how bosses should be handled and teaches players bad habits. We have so many new players and this will be their first experience with events/bosses and all they will learn is how to abuse game mechanics with multi mapping. These events are meant to be a Bonus but currently Anet is just making another 24/7 farm.

So far, my feedback for this first event is good. I like that:

• there is no limit on the boxes you can earn or how many times per day you can kill the same boss (Effort in, reward out)
  • you can kill the bosses in any order and/or skip bosses you don't enjoy
  • items available in the loot boxes are items people have been asking for better access to
  • the loot in the boxes is available year-round through different content; no one will miss out if they can't play this week
  • employees are present at these events in-game (and here on the forum), working to help people understand and complete them
  • this event is something that can be clicked on as needed and is a nice shakeup to the schedule to rekindle people's interest without costing too much in terms of time and effort on ANet's part