The Weekend problem

Why are the the match ups so bad at the weekend ?(On EU Server)My guild mates, I and notices that you are put together in ranged with absolute noobs when it is either holiday or weekend. You can mitigate the problem with duo queuing.

For me as Fb this is super frustrating being in a team with people which seems brain afk and have no idea what I'm doing as FB here resulting in a lose rate of near 100% those times.From what I understand from Friday evening to Sunday evening there should a lot more players around on the EU server so I'm not sure what cause this. Maybe they run only weekends but why are they matched with me/us then their ranking should be lower ? Maybe they have no ranking ?

In wvw there is a similar problem weekends we are/my server is full but during the week we are relative empty and losing because of this but regardless of this we are count as full ~.~

With all the extra players you might be getting ranked with people from your actual bracket...

I mainly play OCX times which is off hours so my matches can be with much higher rated players and Im used to playing with those players but if I play prime I find the match making puts me with similar ranked players but they are way worse to what im used to playing with, either I have to carry people from my own bracket or lose.

You may be having a similar issue.

@"bladezero.9470" said:It is just so god kitten sad. This game has the best mechanics and pvp of any game in any genre even remotely similar. Yet nobody plays GW2. It all comes down a complete lack of investment from Anet.

Dunno man... you are probably right to some extend but I get the feeling that the majority of the MMO audience have a problem to stay engaged to a game without vertical progression. There is a recent video of a WoW streamer watching a GW2 summary video (wont post it, its everywhere anyways) and he likes everything about the game EXCEPT the lack of vertical progression. And that alone seems to be reason enough to not even try the game because you "cant feel better than others" without an item level to grind out. WoW itself even reintroduced PvP gear because players over there feel like their time investment should count beyond the acquired skill and practice. It just blows my mind how much people can refuse to try new things and cling to old (fashioned) concepts.

@sephiroth.4217 said:With all the extra players you might be getting ranked with people from your actual bracket...

I mainly play OCX times which is off hours so my matches can be with much higher rated players and Im used to playing with those players but if I play prime I find the match making puts me with similar ranked players but they are way worse to what im used to playing with, either I have to carry people from my own bracket or lose.

You may be having a similar issue.

I don't think so because I run in the prime time during the week between 16:00 and 17:30 EU time but it is possible that the Gold 2 players differ in the week from them at the weekend which means the players are weaker at the weekend because so many playing just at the weekend.

This is one possible explanation one other I have at the weekend my queue time is a bit bigger then the one I have during the week which would mean while there are more players at the weekend there is no real prime time for pvp at the weekend or at least I haven't found the time.

Which means they are scattered around the whole day so finding both players for your team and in the enemy team will be very hard for the server /matchmaking algorithms. A solution to this would be bonus hours which create artificially a prime time . The other would be making the matchmaking algorithms a bit more eager to find matching players at the weekend.