Question about Unblockable Going Through More than Just Blocks

EnderzShadow.2506

In pvp map chat this evening a Necro @Mordayn.6198 mentioned how the Unblockable Projectiles go through more than just blocks.And that it will also go through Reflect and Destruction.Is it a bug?Or is there a reason behind this?

I'm going to tag a few knowledgeable Rangers I know. But if you know why, please, speak up.@Eurantien.4632@jcbroe.4329@Trevor Boyer.6524

Couple more questions, if you're bored and don't mind sharing your opinion.How Meta is Soulbeast currently?I'm seeing 2 Soulbeasts in practically every game I play, does that mean it's meta?

The issue is this last patch update https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/74356/game-update-notes-april-23-2019#latest , Specifically "We also changed a number of abilities that would destroy missiles, making them block missiles instead. Skills that destroy missiles will now block missiles instead. This change affects the following skills:

Elementalist: Swirling WindsEngineer: Launch WallGuardian: Deflecting Shot, Refraction, Sanctuary, Shield of the Avenger, Zealot's DefenseMesmer: Illusionary WardenNecromancer: Corrosive Poison CloudRevenant: Inspiring Reinforcement (Underwater)Thief: Sniper's Cover, Smoke Screen, Concealed DefeatWarrior: Winds of Disenchantment

I think it's a good thing. Projectiles have the most hate. They get LoS'd and they can be destroyed, blocked, or reflected.

Compared to beams like power Mesmer: Beams can be LoS'd and blocked, but don't care about projectile hate and mirror blade is unblockable. Plus ports

Things with melee dps can be blocked but ignore projectile hate and usually can't be LoS'd since most things relying on melee have teleports.

And necro can go around LoS with marks and ignores projectile hate and blocks

Yeah none of these are "changes", per se, to how unblockable projectiles work. Guardian shield bubble 5 technically 'destroyed' projectiles, but I could punch through it with unblockable. The rare moments I saw feedback bubbles in pvp, same thing. Just about the only anti-projectile field I haven't personally tested was the necro poison cloud, but I'm certain that never stopped unblockable projectiles either.

@voltaicbore.8012 said:the only anti-projectile field I haven't personally tested was the necro poison cloud, but I'm certain that never stopped unblockable projectiles either.

It never did. This is something I've personally tested.

I can only gather the change was for consistency since destroying and blocking were near on the same thing. I expect a lot of tooltip changes to remove ambiguity and even further solidify the consistency.