Nerf Scrapper, Holosmith and Soulbeast/boonbeast already...

Fantasylife.7981

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"whoknocks.4935" said:Holosmith tradeoff:Photon forge mode cd raised to 10 seconds.To activate photon forge you need to max "mech force" built by doing damage and using engineer kits to par to similar specs like reaper berserker druid.So you remove the spammable component of it.

Will you give holosmith another health bar too?

:smile:

Does berserker or druid have another healthbar?I know it's drastic, you are an engi main, seriously what's the tradeoff to play holo over core engi?It's simply an easier stronger upgrade, and holo mode is way too spammable especially with the remove heat trait.Maybe rework completely that trait so you are forced to leave holo mode sooner?A cd raise is necessary in pvp and wvw, for pve they can keep it.And P.S. I am not complaining of core skills or interactions like many people do, instead of nerfing holo they move the attention to core skills or traits which are op when running holo, but I'm directly focusing holosmith only.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:Holosmith tradeoff:Photon forge mode cd raised to 10 seconds.To activate photon forge you need to max "mech force" built by doing damage and using engineer kits to par to similar specs like reaper berserker druid.So you remove the spammable component of it.

Does berserker or druid have another healthbar?I know it's drastic, you are an engi main, seriously what's the tradeoff to play holo over core engi?It's simply an easier stronger upgrade, and holo mode is way too spammable especially with the remove heat trait.Maybe rework completely that trait so you are forced to leave holo mode sooner?A cd raise is necessary in pvp and wvw, for pve they can keep it.And P.S. I am not complaining of core skills or interactions like many people do, instead of nerfing holo they move the attention to core skills or traits which are op when running holo, but I'm directly focusing holosmith only.

But what you're asking is incongruous with the heat mechanic. Are you telling us to build the heat we then burn with PF? Then you're throwing out the whole overheat mechanic. Or are you adding a third bar? I don't understand how what you're proposing fits into the current systems.

The trouble is you're over-complicating potential solutions -- if the problem is too much sustain, you can nerf holo's sustain pretty easily by nerfing heat therapy, changing traits' power, and/or increasing heat output for skills. If the problem is too much damage, it's pretty self-explanatory how to deal with it. Adding new mechanics to further complicate things makes little to no sense.

And there are tradeoffs that exist already. You could make them more severe to increase the risk. Like, you can't exit PF for 5 seconds after activating right now. You could extend that to 10 secs to increase the risk even further. You could make it take up more toolbelt slots than it does now (it currently occupies f5).

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:Holosmith tradeoff:Photon forge mode cd raised to 10 seconds.To activate photon forge you need to max "mech force" built by doing damage and using engineer kits to par to similar specs like reaper berserker druid.So you remove the spammable component of it.

But what you're asking is incongruous with the heat mechanic. Are you telling us to build the heat we then burn with PF? Then you're throwing out the whole overheat mechanic. Or are you adding a third bar? I don't understand how what you're proposing fits into the current systems.

The trouble is you're over-complicating potential solutions -- if the problem is too much sustain, you can nerf holo's sustain pretty easily by nerfing heat therapy, changing traits' power, and/or increasing heat output for skills. If the problem is too much damage, it's pretty self-explanatory how to deal with it. Adding new mechanics to further complicate things makes little to no sense.

And there are tradeoffs that exist already. You could make them more severe to increase the risk. Like, you can't exit PF for 5 seconds after activating right now. You could extend that to 10 secs to increase the risk even further. You could make it take up more toolbelt slots than it does now (it currently occupies f5).

So what about a cd raise to match up other transformations?The uptime on holo mode is too high for what it bring to the table.If you play holo all day and switch to core you immediately feel you are missing a piece of your body, and that's a super direct upgrade.They doesn't seem to want to nerf damage or sustain, so a cd raise would be great.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

So what about a cd raise to match up other transformations?The uptime on holo mode is too high for what it bring to the table.If you play holo all day and switch to core you immediately feel you are missing a piece of your body, and that's a super direct upgrade.They doesn't seem to want to nerf damage or sustain, so a cd raise would be great.

That's easy enough to do by increasing the heat generation. It forces holo out of PF faster. Alternatively you could slow heat loss, but that would take longer for most people to relearn and you'd have to rebalance heat therapy and laser's edge for that.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Soulbeast
tradeoff:Soulbeast can only use one pet, pet swap synergy traits are procced by merge/unmerge.OrSoulbeast can no longer merge if the pet is dead; so you actually have a reason to attack and kill the pet to make him lose merge synergy.Or both.

Holosmith
tradeoff:Photon forge mode cd raised to 10 seconds.To activate photon forge you need to max "mech force" built by doing damage and using engineer kits to par to similar specs like reaper berserker druid.So you remove the spammable component of it.

Hello there :)

Please notice that I read your post and the comments above, as you can see many players disagree and with good reasons,
scrapper
is not over power, but playable again, it's role is still finding the right path but is going somewhere now.

I found your post a total disgrace !

Before you post an ask for a nerf , remember that this kind of attitude result on a class destruction, and
scrapper
was destroyed for years until march 2019 !

Here , I found a very constructive post on engineer forum , I hope it helps you to learn how to play against
scrapper
:)

I bolded words in my post and yours.You quote my post talking of
scrapper
when my nerfs suggestions were only about
soulbeast and holosmith

Maybe some reading problems we have here?

Don't quote if you don't even read please, thanks.

Sorry, probably I scrolled down and quote your post, I Intended to quote the creator of this thread xD!

There is fixed :) sorry

@Auburner.6945 said:Make SB choose one pet, no one should be able to be super glass cannon and super tanky whenever they wish to, not to mention the 5+ permanent boons all the time. Else, don't allow them to heal pets when getting out of the mode.

The pet is not a source of extra damage for the ranger but is part of the damage the profession manages to do.Ranger + Pet = Other Professions, there are no super glass cannons. I wanted to clarify this :)

@Auburner.6945 said:How about this: allow Soulbeast to heal their pets by 5% of damage dealt while the pet is alive. If the pet falls, you'll lose the ability to merge with it, which means that the class will keep its pet swap, but now pet swapping will be a must. If a pet has fallen, it now heals by 40% of outgoing damage, whether you're using the same pet, or swapped to the other, as the trait proc's 5% for the live and 40% for the fallen.

Let's say the pet has 20k hp. You will deal something like 3k per hit, 1200 healing per hit for a fallen pet, which is ~17 hits before the pet is back up, no matter the pet currently in use.

This is a raw example, numbers could be changed.

The spvp is a team game and not 1vs1, 2 or more people would eliminate the pet immediately since it is not able to dodge or avoid aoe, it would be a useless change, It would only make this mechanic useless

@Revolution.5409 said:The pet is not a source of extra damage for the ranger but is part of the damage the profession manages to do.Ranger + Pet = Other Professions, there are no super glass cannons. I wanted to clarify this :)

This is regarding the attribute bonuses from merging not the pet itself. For example, 200 Toughness and 100 Vitality is the equivalent of a Legging and another armor piece with the Vitality part out, it may not seem enough, but on Weaver, I can 100% tell the difference when I'm with 1000 Toughness and when with 1300, let alone the Vitality as well.

The spvp is a team game and not 1vs1, 2 or more people would eliminate the pet immediately since it is not able to dodge or avoid aoe, it would be a useless change, It would only make this mechanic useless

It's a team game, yet most of the classes excel at dueling than team fighting. Only FB, Scourge and Holo can be considered actual team fighters, others are just node holders, or as I call it from my LoL words, a jungler aka Thief. Almost every team-fighting team has 2 of the the trio mentioned, and you have to focus on your duelists if you don't have a feedback that is equivalent to that, just like LoL, a team with 5v5 capabilities, the other is mostly assassins - they look for picks, each excels at one thing and tries to force it on the other. So yeah, PvP is a team game in terms of focusing on what your team excels at, but it's not XvX all the time when X > 1, so 1v1 and 2v2s are more common than what I would call team fights.

@Auburner.6945 said:

@"Revolution.5409" said:The pet is not a source of extra damage for the ranger but is part of the damage the profession manages to do.Ranger + Pet = Other Professions, there are no super glass cannons. I wanted to clarify this :)

This is regarding the attribute bonuses from merging not the pet itself. For example, 200 Toughness and 100 Vitality is the equivalent of a Legging and another armor piece with the Vitality part out, it may not seem enough, but on Weaver, I can 100% tell the difference when I'm with 1000 Toughness and when with 1300, let alone the Vitality as well.

It's a team game, yet most of the classes excel at dueling than team fighting. Only FB, Scourge and Holo can be considered actual team fighters, others are just node holders, or as I call it from my LoL words, a jungler aka Thief. Almost every team-fighting team has 2 of the the trio mentioned, and you have to focus on your duelists if you don't have a feedback that is equivalent to that, just like LoL, a team with 5v5 capabilities, the other is mostly assassins - they look for picks, each excels at one thing and tries to force it on the other. So yeah, PvP is a team game in terms of focusing on what your team excels at, but it's not XvX all the time when X > 1, so 1v1 and 2v2s are more common than what I would call team fights.

As I wrote above the pet "is part of DPS ranger no extra damage" this means that when SB joins the pet those statistics that are missing from the profession are compensated as an extra bonus depending on the pets family.If people don't like it, claiming core ranger damage is matched with all other professions in the game and no longer shared with a pet. In this way SB would not get extra statistics from BM mode, but only skills, instead of unnecessary nerfs requests.

This doesn't make my point wrong, a mechanic must always be able to use. If there is a situation in which it could not work, it should be reviewed. I would not want another mechanic broken for my profession, it was enough for me to destroy druid bunkers in HoT with the passage of CA from 10 to 20 seconds xD

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Replace petswap with beastmode and soulbeast has a good trade off.

You know, like this idea a lot. In fact, I'd like to see this idea on Druid, too. They can even apply some of the other ideas I've read with this to compensate for the pet's AI in areas such as large scale battles.

Soulbeast already revives the pet when exiting out of Beastmode, and limiting it down to a single pet is a huge trade off. With Druid, having a single pet would also be a trade off, and the pet could also revive but when entering Celestial Form.

Pet swap traits can be altered to activate on F4 (in general) and beef up the heartiness and support of the pet while the Druid is in Celestial Form to ensure it can survive large scale scenarios.

Oh, and remove the -20% stat reduction on pets with Druid if this route is taken. Wouldn't be a need for that with a single pet and all.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Replace petswap with beastmode and soulbeast has a good trade off.

You know, like this idea a lot. In fact, I'd like to see this idea on Druid, too. They can even apply some of the other ideas I've read with this to compensate for the pet's AI in areas such as large scale battles.

Soulbeast already revives the pet when exiting out of Beastmode, and limiting it down to a single pet is a huge trade off. With Druid, having a single pet would also be a trade off, and the pet could also revive but when entering Celestial Form.

Pet swap traits can be altered to activate on F4 (in general) and beef up the heartiness and support of the pet while the Druid is in Celestial Form to ensure it can survive large scale scenarios.

Oh, and remove the -20% stat reduction on pets with Druid if this route is taken. Wouldn't be a need for that with a single pet and all.

+1

@"Lunateric.3708" said:PvP high rated players already found out you either let the scrapper sit on node and win the rest of the map since it can't freely move around or just +1 and it's over. Don't get me wrong, it's a great bunker but a bunker centric meta hasn't been a thing for a while.

I think you gotta start thinking outside the box.

In the March EU MAT Scrapper was on both finalist teams. In April it was on the winning EU team. For NA's April MAT it was on both finalist teams.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/417223573

MAT's are not the end all be all indicator for balance, that's true. But at the end of the day if it's winning MAT's against some of the best players in the game, if it's represented on every single winning team, it's well beyond some meme build where all you have to do is go wherever it isn't and GG. Scrapper is anywhere from an A-tier to an S-tier build in effectiveness. And even the best players in the game are either losing to it or are using it in their team composition. It's not some gold tier meme build that struggles once you get out of platinum.

And it's not just only in organized play where it shines the way support Firebrand really only becomes S-tier in an organized composition. It's doing excellent in NA's ranked with plenty of showings in the top 100 that I personally know of.

It it without a doubt a top tier build.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Lunateric.3708" said:PvP high rated players already found out you either let the scrapper sit on node and win the rest of the map since it can't freely move around or just +1 and it's over. Don't get me wrong, it's a great bunker but a bunker centric meta hasn't been a thing for a while.

In the March EU MAT Scrapper was on both finalist teams. In April it was on the winning EU team. For NA's April MAT it was on both finalist teams.

MAT's are not the end all be all indicator for balance, that's true. But at the end of the day if it's winning MAT's against some of the best players in the game, if it's represented on every single winning team, it's well beyond some meme build where all you have to do is go wherever it isn't and GG. Scrapper is anywhere from an A-tier to an S-tier build in effectiveness. And even the best players in the game are either losing to it or are using it in their team composition. It's not some gold tier meme build that struggles once you get out of platinum.

And it's not just only in organized play where it shines the way support Firebrand really only becomes S-tier in an organized composition. It's doing excellent in NA's ranked with plenty of showings in the top 100 that I personally know of.

Memory is short for some people like you but there were rules that had you prohibited from stacking heralds in tournaments, for example, because stacking 4 of them was the most efficient way of winning.

You're just showing that having one scrapper in your team is good since it's a solid build and that's absolutely fine.

That's right, not 2 or 3 or a whole team of scrappers: just one.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

@Lunateric.3708 said:PvP high rated players already found out you either let the scrapper sit on node and win the rest of the map since it can't freely move around or just +1 and it's over. Don't get me wrong, it's a great bunker but a bunker centric meta hasn't been a thing for a while.

Memory is short for some people like you but there were rules that had you prohibited from stacking heralds in tournaments, for example, because stacking 4 of them was the most efficient way of winning.

You're just showing that having one scrapper in your team is good since it's a solid build and that's absolutely fine.

I don't think you understand PvP or how meta team compositions work.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Lunateric.3708 said:PvP high rated players already found out you either let the scrapper sit on node and win the rest of the map since it can't freely move around or just +1 and it's over. Don't get me wrong, it's a great bunker but a bunker centric meta hasn't been a thing for a while.

Being a plat/legend player myself I know what it means, I also know and understand like every top player that scrapper isn't "omg broken please nerf to the ground". The videos you posted just showcase that.

Thanks for saving me time.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

Being a plat/legend player myself I know what it means, I also know and understand like every top player that scrapper isn't "omg broken please nerf to the ground". The videos you posted just showcase that.

Just checked both the EU and NA leaderboard. I don't see you anywhere. Both of them bottom out in plat 1. I'm going to go ahead and say you aren't telling the truth about your own skill.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Just checked both the EU and NA leaderboard. I don't see you anywhere. Both of them bottom out in plat 1. I'm going to go ahead and say you aren't telling the truth about your own skill.

The leaderboards don't include people who don't meet the minimum match number. I've been in plat for a long time, but I haven't been in the leaderboards more than a few seasons.

First off with holo is they're a high risk class. If their holoforge overheats, they take a lot of damage and lose access to their high damage skills.

As for scrapper, they've got lots of reflects and blocks not to mention barrier uptime. Since the change where projectile protection is affected by unblockable projectiles, a deadeye should have no problem.

Speaking of, deadeyes need a nerf. it's way too op to be able to crit for 16k and immediately remove reveal and go back to stealth.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

I don't have minimum games required. Now that you brought leaderboards why don't you make an analysis on how many scrappers are actually there though, prepare to be surprised.