Finally nerf fb and scourge

@Snellibee.2761 said:I think it would be cool if they made firebrands self heal less. That way they act as a support for their teammates but they can't bunker themselves at the same time. It would make it necessary for the whole team to protect the firebrand or to run a second healer to compensate for self heal loss.

It's basically the same like in other games with medics, they can heal their teammates really well but they can't heal themselves as much, making it necessary to protect the medic.

This please.

The interaction between FB and scourge is strong, to be sure, but the reason it's problematic is FB is so damn good at surviving while performing its healing function.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Snellibee.2761 said:I think it would be cool if they made firebrands self heal less. That way they act as a support for their teammates but they can't bunker themselves at the same time. It would make it necessary for the whole team to protect the firebrand or to run a second healer to compensate for self heal loss.

It's basically the same like in other games with medics, they can heal their teammates really well but they can't heal themselves as much, making it necessary to protect the medic.

This please.

The interaction between FB and scourge is strong, to be sure, but the reason it's problematic is FB is so kitten good at surviving while performing its healing function.

Except, it isn't. It's a weak bunker. Go watch any tournament finals, as soon as the FB has the target put on their head, or gets caught in an outnumbered scenario, they die in seconds. The fact that silvers are unable to focus a target is not a reason to go make a class unplayable.

Just think this through. Do you want to see teams with 2 supports hugging each other? Way to go making the game even less fun. Now you don't just have a FB on mid, you've got an FB AND a druid/tempest/scrapper/ventari (or, just, double FB). Wauw, that sure sounds fun /s

@Snellibee.2761 said:

But then everyone would target the firebrand more and then make the player rage quit, no thanks.

But then everyone would target the firebrand more and then make the player rage quit, no thanks.

That change would be to much overwhelming due how classes and powercreep momentum actually work.Probably for that to work, FB should have some sustain by it self, while having less self heal and better healing output, could be tricky on how to balance it, we dont need another scrapper :} in game.

A healer should not be a tank. A healer is a semi squishy class that with the sole purpose of keeping their teammates alive. The healer should NOT be a tank by itself AND heal their whole team. If a healer gets targeted it should die rather fast if its team is not trying to protect him/her.

Firebrand is such a big self sustaining tank that they literally do not have to kite or LOS-block whatsoever because they have enough skills keeping them alive while standing still. This is just bad class design in a team class based game.

Maybe in WvW and maybe 1v1, but in pvp you can't heal effectively and tank as a firebrand. Maybe heal and be vulnerable to power, or heal and be vulnerable to condi. A full zerker meele can easily take out a generic firebrand in pvp. Actually I take that back you can kill a Firebrand easily in WvW if you just blast spammy condi/power attacks.

i just want to point out scourge has been nerfed from what it was when PoF was out they delayed the sand shroud ability and gave it a tell heck new one has a big tell, i not see any reason to nerf firebrand outside of maybe lowering healing in pvp idk i seen more burn builds i suggest using a skill that clears condi.

just my opinion but maybe they should be buffing other classes heck warrior got a big change last patch and so did druid. maybe also remove the glassier trinkets like berzerker or the bunker ones but that's my thought and opinion. plz note that nerfing stuff really just does not help anyone cause it revolves changing pve mode as well and then other modes hurt. also would kinda like match to be 1 class per team and lock you in so no switching in ranked but that's probably never happen.

may i ask what class you are using cause some builds have changed recently? or maybe suggest using stuff like paladin/one of the trinkets or stat sets with vitality/toughness. just putting that out there.

Firebrand is a must have in any comp right now because it is the support spec that is most superior to any other support spec available....Which is basically exactly my point why it should get nerfed. Clever point you added there.Not that I expected anything smart from you, tho.Just a FB main who thinks I was reffering to him, allthough this actually wasn't even the case - hit dogs bark.

So it should get nerfed because it is better than other available Support specs ? That dont even stand a chance in supporting in the current DPS meta ? You are ranting based on a queue based bias. Queues and AT's are two different games of how Conquest is played. Support has never been weaker than it is right now, which can be seen clearly in the ladderboard too theres barely a handful of Support players that are in top 250 compared to any other Spec or Role that GW2 offers. If Firebrand gets nerfed even further, there will be no support spec that is going to be played unless some of the other support specs is gonna get heavily buffed in their weakest areas for e.g. Stability uptime for itself and teammates on Tempest, Downstate control or anything in where Support is able to be useful in the current Zerg DPS meta - or we just gonna spam rezz oriented damage spam builds like Blood Scourge / IoL Chronos / Scrapper.

Firebrand is a must have in comps because proper people that try to play conquest on a high level wanna make use of a class that can resustain teammates and since any other Support spec outside of Firebrand is unable to fulfill this role - Firebrand is the choice to go - it doesnt mean that the spec that fills this role is overtuned ? Firebrand has getting less and less playmaking potential with each patch - just missing that signet gets removed and its gonna be borderline irrelevant in the current meta and maybe increase the cooldown of F3 from 75 secs to 15 minutes instead (:

@Chunsu.5281 said:

Firebrand is a must have in any comp right now because it is the support spec that is most superior to any other support spec available....Which is basically exactly my point why it should get nerfed. Clever point you added there.Not that I expected anything smart from you, tho.Just a FB main who thinks I was reffering to him, allthough this actually wasn't even the case - hit dogs bark.

So it should get nerfed because it is better than other available Support specs ?

Exactly.

If a support spec outperforms any other available support spec it either means this spec is too strong or the other specs are too weak.Since PoF is the definition of powercreep, nerfing those overperforming specs is the way to go and not buffing Tempest and Druid to powercreep as well.Obviously you also have to nerf busted dps classes - especally rev and holo but that is not the topic.

I mean every single top player, may it be Sindrener, Rom or Drazeh already agreed with me and pointed out serveral times in their streams that FB+Scourge is too strong and especally fb too mandatory in tfs.And now comes chunsu as a fb main, defending his class and telling me I'd be biased - LMFAO

EDIT: I'm not even surprised you play ATs with M**ze's wintrade-crew nowadays :D :D :D

@"Flandre.2870" said:Fb is already overnerfed and completely trash. Look how short teamfights are this meta. Necro is balanced and doesn't need any nerfs besides the blood magic rezz interaction. That trait is overtuned since it's been untouched for like 3 years now? Teamfight can be outplayed, bringing back portal is a better idea that adds a level of strategy to the game. Fb/nec is barely good currently and there are only like 2 necs that can pull it off. Rev literally can roll thru FB and overkill the healing alone. Most comps play without nec TF. FB and nec are not bad for the game unlike your 1shot mongol guardian grimkram.

Interesting who replies after I mention the crew.

As I said, every top player actually agrees that FB is way too madatory and together with scourge or duable rev completly broken.If they gonna nerf the dps of revenants and holos which is needed anyways, theres nothing left that can compete with fb+scourge. Then you have to bring fb+scourge yourself or play non viable oneshot "mongol guardian" builds to get one kill that gets instarezzed. The other alternatives that could compete with fb+scourge always have been broken themselves (old chrono, scrapper, duable rev, old condi mirage), which pretty much speaks for itself.

And I couldn't care less about core guardian - it's not even my second mainclass - I always mained warr and ranger. But considering I farmed you in druid vs druid in duells every single time in HoT, I am sure you are aware of this.

Sorry but I don't give a high value to the opinion of players who are on the one hand known for wintrading and throwing games with alt accounts ingame, for setting up lies on reddit, for kicking players 1 day before a tournament but on the other hand for being too bad to reach ESL allthough tryharding.

Maybe Mysterion, Sinid and Tisar want to add something as well?

Totally agree. This meta is not only killing spvp it's way worse in wvw where group comps are 1 Firebrand, 2 Scourges, 1 Hammer Rev, and a Scrapper/Tempest. Devolves gameplay into ground AOE spam. The issue lies with the capabilities Scourge has. Area denial from multiple huge coverage shades and self bomb on activation, group barrier, condi spam and boon conversion to condi. It's turned all fights into the worst type of pirate ship. The amount of dmg while also having a significant amount of group barrier and ability to convert boons to condi is just cancer. So far as Firebrand goes i think the plan is to take out some of the boons it can spam, similar to what they did to chrono. There was a post a while back when they did that nerf to chrono stating they wanted to spread the boons across multiple classes and not have one class have too much access to them.