just boosted...

@phs.6089 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Boosting doesn’t have much of an impact in this game as it does in others. The same things you would have been doing can still be done. The only difference is that you now have access to all of your skills and traits to experiment with.

As far as what to do, there’s the story missions, map/world completion, dungeons, fractals, achievements, farming, etc. It all depends on what one wishes to do.

yeah, true. not sure why these people are making such a big deal out of it. was just looking for some
direction

Because its huge game, you skipped tutorial and expect people here to take their time and EXPLAIN it all to you.I gave you direction, you refuse it. You didn't even bother to search forum for similar topics.Where you should be heading? Anywhere. anywhere you go will teach you bit of the game.

What tutorial?

Oh let’s not forget the players who have leveled to 80 without boosts and still post asking what there is to do now.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Boosting doesn’t have much of an impact in this game as it does in others. The same things you would have been doing can still be done. The only difference is that you now have access to all of your skills and traits to experiment with.

As far as what to do, there’s the story missions, map/world completion, dungeons, fractals, achievements, farming, etc. It all depends on what one wishes to do.

yeah, true. not sure why these people are making such a big deal out of it. was just looking for some
direction

Because its huge game, you skipped tutorial and expect people here to take their time and EXPLAIN it all to you.I gave you direction, you refuse it. You didn't even bother to search forum for similar topics.Where you should be heading? Anywhere. anywhere you go will teach you bit of the game.

What tutorial?

Oh let’s not forget the players who have leveled to 80 without boosts and still post asking what there is to do now.

1-80 is the tutorial

play content the hand holding you would have gotten threw the leveling process is gone so do your story do map completion collect mats level your crafting try to figure out mechanics.But to be honest theif is a pretty complex class to play i recomend setting it aside for a while rolling a war, and leveling it the old fashion way to get an intro to the game and its mechanics

@Linken.6345 said:

@phs.6089 said:

direction

What tutorial?

1-80 is the tutorial

And how's that working out for all of the players? With the level scaling, there's really very little that they're missing out on if anything at all. If they do open world content then they can do anything they want and be as effective as a large percentage of the players. If they do group content, chances are they're going to play a build that's different from what they used when leveling and the play-style may even be just as different as well.

@notoriousace.1385 said:what's the goal? what am i aiming to achieve and where should i be headed?

I think I understand what your concern is. The other game I currently play is Black Desert, and the sheer scale of grind necessary to get anything done in that game puts enormous pressure on people needing to do the Right Thing Right Away in order not to be hopelessly behind for endgame. Apologies if I'm off the mark, but I think you asked your questions from an efficiency standpoint, so as not to be playing a hugely time-wasting game of catch-up later on.

The good news is that GW2 has absolutely nothing like that. The only true grinding I ever do is for creating legendary weapons and armor, which are in no way necessary (and stat-level-wise, not even beneficial) to possess. Short of acquiring legendary items (which I again stress is just simply unnecessary for gameplay success), the best way to experience this game is to find goals of your own and pursue them at your own pace.

I will, however, suggest a few things that will put you in a good position to transition into almost any endgame activity. Fully level leatherworking, which allows you to make armor for your thief (and any other medium armor character you make later). You won't really need to make armor for yourself at the exotic level unless you want to try out new builds, but having leatherworking maxed will put you in position to make ascended gear in the future. Ascended gear will help you survive higher level fractals, which is a popular gold-making endgame activity for many. You can also choose to fully level a weapon-making skill as well, but that takes more work as thief can use weapons made by weaponsmiths, huntsmen, and even artificers. But same deal - obtaining weapons without crafting is easy (just a few gold on the market will do), but fully leveling a weapon-making skill will put you in position to make ascended weapons should you ever want to get into that.

Another thing I encourage you to try, if you have the Heart of Thorns expansion, is to get a feel for the map-wide meta event chains in Verdant Brink, Tangled Depths, and Dragon's Stand. Depending on the time of day there might not be enough people around to get them done, but the metas yield valuable loot, are pretty unique to GW2, and learning all 3 HoT metas will be handy if you ever feel like making a legendary weapon in the future.

The last thing I suggest is chasing mastery points. Mastery offers very handy account-wide benefits for all your characters, including the mounts you mentioned earlier. As for where you can get mastery points, take a look at the Achievements tab of your hero panel, and look for the mastery symbol you're interested in (red for core tyria, green for HoT, purple for PoF).

Hope this helps.