New Episode Tomorrow Maybe?

They aren't likely to introduce a bonus event, designed to provide a diversion while waiting for the next thing, if the next thing is due to drop in the middle.

The reason why events have traditionally started on Tuesday is that Tuesday is ANet's designated patch day, for all changes to the code that aren't urgent. Originally, the only way ANet had to initiate an event was to add specific code that did so, which meant a game update, which meant: Tuesday.

Some time ago, ANet added tech that allows them to turn some parts of the game on or off without a patch. That's how they can disable event chains (if there's an exploit discovered) or start no-downstate on a Thursday. And it's why they can start the World Boss Beatdown on a Monday. Without a patch.

@Randulf.7614 said:It's unlikely to appear until the 4 week War Eternal Package drops end and we still have week 3 to come tomorrow. I would expect it near 3rd/4th week of May

I can see the Week 4 bonus dropping on the same day as the release, although 20 or 27 May seems more likely for tempo reasons.

Regardless, we'll know soon enough.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The reason why events have traditionally started on Tuesday is that Tuesday is ANet's designated patch day

Actually I think it's a universal media release day.

• every MMO I've played releases patches on Tuesday
  • new media releases (from back to CDs and DvDs to 4K Blu Ray) are on Tuesdays
  • new video games for all platforms are released on Tuesday

I don't know who where or when, but at some point, the interested parties got together and agreed that all new things would happen on Tuesday.

Why is that? I don't know, though maybe someone else could chime in...

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The reason why events have traditionally started on Tuesday is that Tuesday is ANet's designated patch day

I don't know who where or when, but at some point, the interested parties got together and agreed that all new things would happen on Tuesday.

Tuesday is good for a lot of firms for a variety of reasons. (It's not just game studios; my old firm used to restrict internal app patches to Tuesdays, too.)

• Mondays can involve cleaning up after the weekend (plus they are often a holiday).
  • This allows three solid days for handling post-release issues, including bugs or unexpected downstream consequences (e.g. new feature leads to 10x more traffic, which is great, but... people were expecting only 2x).
  • It also allows for last minute adjustments that will postpone the patch for a day, while still allowing a cushion.

In other words, it's the most efficient/cheapest day to aim for.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Might be a US thing, it's not the same elsewhere.

Might be a US thing, it's not the same elsewhere.Like all human customs, there are tons of exceptions. Said previous firm was international and all its subsidiaries (regardless of home office location) used the "Tuesday" convention.(Well, except when they didn't. There were always internal "customers" who insisted that their proposed feature was too urgent to wait til the next window. Still, all the IT departments scheduled changes were either Tuesdays or Weekends, the latter for when we had to shut down systems, e.g. for hardware testing etc).

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

Might be a US thing, it's not the same elsewhere.Like all human customs, there are tons of exceptions. Said previous firm was international and all its subsidiaries (regardless of home office location) used the "Tuesday" convention.(Well, except when they didn't. There were always internal "customers" who insisted that their proposed feature was too urgent to wait til the next window. Still, all the IT departments scheduled changes were either Tuesdays or Weekends, the latter for when we had to shut down systems, e.g. for hardware testing etc).

Cool. I don't consider what my country does for dvd + game releases an exception though ;)

@"PlagueParade.7942" said:Really the only reason I ask this is because usually events, like this world boss thing, tend to happen on Tuesdays so why today instead of tomorrow? Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I think May 21st is the most likely, Rubi Bayer on Skyscale Guildchat said: "Later this month they will all see this for themselves"

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

• New films reach the cinemas on ... Wednesday or Thursday where I live.

So not universal.

This week will be the world boss event. Next week a build up into the next episode, followed by it launching the week after I’d expect. They won’t launch during an event designed to keep players busy in core Tyria, but also you’ve got the supply drop.

Plus, if they launch near the end of May I can see the episode as a birthday gift (depending on how traumatised I’m left)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:Maybe we get a teaser tomorrow though.

Didn't we already get one?

Or did you mean a story teaser? Because
that
I think won't hit until a week before release.

It's not the official trailer for the episode yet, the trailers have a full date, show off the story content and are made public.

The trailer is about all we may see (and no guarantees there either). With all the promo material coming out before even the trailer is ready I'm definitely getting the impression some teams slipped internal deadlines that others didn't.

I'm hoping the haphazard delivery doesn't mean the next episode is going to be rushed with pieces missing again. In theory, taking extra time solves that problem, but in practice if you need an extra two weeks to ship something, you'd often like an extra two months to really do it justice.

I used to guess 21st May but now I realized it's unlikely, because there will 100% be a patch on 14th May (either the Ep6 patch or a random gemstore patch) and it has never happened to have another patch only one week after (two weeks usually).So Ep6 is either on 14th or 28th May.Hope the first.