What are the most profitable ways (gold per hour) to farm gold and how much gold per hour they give?

@"Cakemeister.5792" said:

1. , better chances then precursor drop and higher price to sell.

It costs 10 gold and 1K crests, so the odds would have to be about 1:100 for it to be profitable and you would need a ton of crests.

In your experience it has been worth the effort?

It cost 11 gold (including price for ascended salvage kit) :)

Worth? I have spend 34k( 3-5k per mount) crests and gotten 2 salvaged excellence so far

• 6 months later...

@"Annihilator.2617" said:What are the most profitable ways (gold per hour) to farm gold and how much gold per hour they give?Here is my advice....

There are tons of ways to gain gold, with none being a "get rich quick" way (unless you have tons of money, which we will get to later in this post). The absolute top notch method for getting gold is playing the Trading Post, but to be honest, the people who can make insane profits off of it have a gift. That being said, join a larger guild that does events every night. The reason is this - The guild that I am in will one night do a boss train, we go through and down each event boss, with that you get exotics that can be broken down and you can sell the ectos, and anything else you get from them, along with other gear plus raw gold. Another night we do the Silverwaste Meta for an hour or two, which nets us a fair amount each as well, from raw gold, crafting mats, and bandit crests. Another night we will do a full HoT HP farm with events in between them, which nets the same as other events, Gear, Raw gold, Crafting Materials, etc...

All in all, getting a ton of gold either takes a ton of money to convert gems to gold, or a time investment with discipline to not spend the gold as fast as you can get it, so that you can save up for what your goals are. Easiest way to do this is to farm with groups/guilds/friends, so that you have people to hang out with and cut up with, it helps the time pass while farming when you have people to do it with, and everyone does things differently so it also gives opportunity to learn some new things, find guild fractal groups that can help you learn the mechanics so that runs go smoothly for you in the future, give you something that they get and dont need but you do that a "pug" would make you stand there and watch them turn it into ectos.

In other games that I've played that had trading posts or auction houses the most profitable and risky way was to buy low and sell high. You really needed to understand the market and generally you needed enough capital to corner a market: buy up the existing supply and relist at a much higher price.

@Urud.4925 said:There's probably something wrong with me. Even if I do the same contents, I don't even get close to that amount of gold. Sometimes I read ppl doing 16g for Tarir, when I barely make 4g. Maybe it only works with very high MF :/

The guides (and the profit/hour) are made by selling everithing dropped/captured from a certain activity. And I mean everything. Even the Unbound/Volatile Magic. To turn it into chests - turned into materials - sold.

Most probably you have crafting projects on work (or you plan to craft something) and you store the materials. You count at the end only the liquid gold captured / some items you sell on TP (exotics?) and the junk.

The guides and the income/hour are done/calculated from the point of view of a player having everything needed: Armors/ Weapons / trinkets. No need to craft something.