Looking at thieves..I realize the scope of nerf threads...

@TorQ.7041 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:kitten off, it happens all the time. A thief comes to spike and then suddenly for some reason the person they are spiking is being knocked in the air continueously; I straight said that it might be a hack

It can't, Hacks in Gw can be only speed/movement related. Also I have played PvP for years and I have never during that time seen happen what you describe. I am pretty sure you are confusing
Impact Strike
which is an Elite and it knocks-up only once with a CD of 40 seconds in its dmg is
hardly
anywhere near "spike dmg".

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Secondly Engineer has two Elixer S, one on trait when hitting the threshold and the other is one they actively can use.

No they don't. What is the last time you played Engineer... or PvP?

@Thornwolf.9721 said:I've seen engineers go from small to normal back to small; They can spike while in this form which is kitten as well as thieves spiking from stealth.

No they can't and never could, the hell? Are you even playing this game?

I believe the skill he's referring to is called palm strike. Which if landed successfully can do double knock downs. And a finishing blow that insta kills. But it's pretty difficult to land. Almost always every one uses dagger storm over it.

This guy clearly knows nothing about thieves want to comment cos he died by one.

Palm Strike Doesn't knock down, and since you are referring to it as "everyone uses dagger storm over it", then I believe you too are confusing it with Impact Strike chain skill as does the other person.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:kitten off, it happens all the time. A thief comes to spike and then suddenly for some reason the person they are spiking is being knocked in the air continueously; I straight said that it might be a hack

It can't, Hacks in Gw can be only speed/movement related. Also I have played PvP for years and I have never during that time seen happen what you describe. I am pretty sure you are confusing
Impact Strike
which is an Elite and it knocks-up only once with a CD of 40 seconds in its dmg is
hardly
anywhere near "spike dmg".

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Secondly Engineer has two Elixer S, one on trait when hitting the threshold and the other is one they actively can use.

No they don't. What is the last time you played Engineer... or PvP?

@Thornwolf.9721 said:I've seen engineers go from small to normal back to small; They can spike while in this form which is kitten as well as thieves spiking from stealth.

No they can't and never could, the hell? Are you even playing this game?

I believe the skill he's referring to is called palm strike. Which if landed successfully can do double knock downs. And a finishing blow that insta kills. But it's pretty difficult to land. Almost always every one uses dagger storm over it.

This guy clearly knows nothing about thieves want to comment cos he died by one.

Palm Strike Doesn't knock down, and since you are referring to it as
"everyone uses dagger storm over it"
, then I believe you too are confusing it with
Impact Strike
chain skill as does the other person.

Oops I do mean impact strike. Yeah well he calls it a hack..I didn't remember the excat name woo wee good job u got the name right.

I basically remember them as skills not the name it self. N I know excatly what it does which is what counts.

Sometimes i think its the 90s again were information about games was hard to find.

But then i remember its 2019 and we have amazing wikis, were you find almost everything in seconds.

Missinformations are no excuse anymore.

If something feels like a hack, you can look up all skills a class has in less then 10min ( on the skill claculator).

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:Can skill recharge be "hacked" too? I know ofc alcity and a sigil reducers CD but I'm talking 50% faster. I did see a rev once in wvw use glint heal twice in a very short time (2nd part)

There used to be a trait that would give herald the infuse light effect when they started reviving an ally, combine that with normal infuse light and you could get 2 back to back. The trait was removed a few months back, no clue how long ago you saw it.

Lot of good points, and this rings true about how the PvP community impacts balance, yet; every patch some of these odd trivial complaints from people seem to get addressed and impact actual balancing.

It's probably one of if not the worst problems with sPvP balancing, as it's directly responsible for the huge and hasty balance swings we see every balance patch, and I don't mean that Arenanet is particularly quick to release them. What I mean is they see complaints from a handful of players and the trait or skill responsible has a large % decrease/increase in effectiveness, cooldown, or just ends up getting removed entirely, if not given an entire new effect on top of the existing.

It's really quick and drastic balancing if you compare it to games like Apex, where guns and legends are toned down super slow so that they never truly fall out of play, whereas in Gw2 a few unjust complaints leave some classes just nonviable compared to others of the same type for months at a time. It's either a nuke or superbuffs to a class, there's hardly any middle ground when it comes to addressing these sometimes hypocritical complaints.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:Lot of good points, and this rings true about how the PvP community impacts balance, yet; every patch some of these odd trivial complaints from people seem to get addressed and impact actual balancing.

It's probably one of if not the worst problems with sPvP balancing, as it's directly responsible for the huge and hasty balance swings we see every balance patch, and I don't mean that Arenanet is particularly quick to release them. What I mean is they see complaints from a handful of players and the trait or skill responsible has a large % decrease/increase in effectiveness, cooldown, or just ends up getting removed entirely, if not given an entire new effect on top of the existing.

It's really quick and drastic balancing if you compare it to games like Apex, where guns and legends are toned down super slow so that they never truly fall out of play, whereas in Gw2 a few unjust complaints leave some classes just nonviable compared to others of the same type for months at a time. It's either a nuke or superbuffs to a class, there's hardly any middle ground when it comes to addressing these sometimes hypocritical complaints.

its just like world of Warcraft all over, same thing happens.

At least they don-t make huge nerfs all the time.

The thing about thief is build variety. After a recent patch, I'd say there are only two playable builds, others would even reduce that to one — core s/d.

Thing is you always want to take trickery, for numerous reasons, and the trait allocation is always the same,After it, you're always looking for deadly arts with the same trait allocation, because of the built in tools, and other traits being completely lackluster.

The last traitline comes to the best of the rest, which can be either acro or deadeye, if you going for defensive or offensive playstyle.

What I'd do: buff off meta traits to make it at least compete for the spots and, theoretically, bringing in some new synergies and builds in result. Another cool suggestion is to make preparedness (15 ini) baseline. But aside from buffing thief in general, it'll buff "meta" builds even more, because there will be something on preparedness' place.

@"dDuff.3860" said:The thing about thief is build variety. After a recent patch, I'd say there are only two playable builds, others would even reduce that to one — core s/d.

Thing is you always want to take trickery, for numerous reasons, and the trait allocation is always the same,After it, you're always looking for deadly arts with the same trait allocation, because of the built in tools, and other traits being completely lackluster.

The last traitline comes to the best of the rest, which can be either acro or deadeye, if you going for defensive or offensive playstyle.

What I'd do: buff off meta traits to make it at least compete for the spots and, theoretically, bringing in some new synergies and builds in result. Another cool suggestion is to make preparedness (15 ini) baseline. But aside from buffing thief in general, it'll buff "meta" builds even more, because there will be something on preparedness' place.

what they need to do is revert some of the nerfs they put on thief, nerfs that have killed d/p like lead attack nerfs, dagger AA nerfs, unhindered combatant nerf, and with DD the steal nerf.They should also remove the CD on backstab because that patch pretty much killed most backstab builds and that was when thief was the most fun when dueling other thiefs trying to bet backstabs off each other, good times.