I have not seen a single player that uses this part of Alpine border...

https://i.imgur.com/4V6lY5E.jpg I don't know how to put an image here, so I'll leave the link.Anet, I have not seen a single player that uses this part of Alpine border, why not just remove it or build a wall there? Or you can use it for a new NPC or something because, honestly, you're missing out on the great opportunity to add something there.

Why not place Lion's Arch portal there instead?

@Invictorum.7643 said:There used to be crafters and crafting stations over there, until Anet removed it because PvE players were using WvW as easy access to crafting from anywhere, since when you left WvW it put you back where you came in from.

and these moments are those, when the marketing goes horribly wrong. Because god forbid we have easy access to crafting stations, if you can instead charge real money for that. I know, I know ArenaNet has to do soem things to generate money, but things like this are truly not the best expression of what GW2 should stand for.

Of course removing them also removed a couple of players, who were taking up WvW map slots without contributing ...

@nthmetal.9652 said:

Of course removing them also removed a couple of players, who were taking up WvW map slots without contributing ...

Unfortunately this still happens /cough rangers & thieves

Though I dont mind their removal that much, it was just slightly inconvenient the first time I tried to use them and noticed they were gone.

@Mushuchalaka.9437 said:I think the real problem with keeping crafting stations in WVW would be the map que taken up.

If that was the 'only' reason for their removal, ANET would have placed them in the OS. I think it's equally believable that they don't want crafting stations to be so easily accessible, as it diminishes the appeal for lounge licenses like Mistlock Sanctuary et al.

But hey, at least WvW players still have access to a mystic forge within WvW. Outside of lounges, PvE players have to go to Laggings Arch for that :sunglasses:

@Invictorum.7643 said:There used to be crafters and crafting stations over there, until Anet removed it because PvE players were using WvW as easy access to crafting from anywhere, since when you left WvW it put you back where you came in from.

Otherwise how could they sell premium Mistlock Sanctuary or recent WvW lobbys?

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

@Mushuchalaka.9437 said:I think the real problem with keeping crafting stations in WVW would be the map que taken up.

If that was the 'only' reason for their removal, ANET would have placed them in the OS. I think it's equally believable that they don't want crafting stations to be so easily accessible, as it diminishes the appeal for lounge licenses like Mistlock Sanctuary et al.

But hey, at least WvW players still have access to a mystic forge within WvW. Outside of lounges, PvE players have to go to Laggings Arch for that :sunglasses:

or Divinity, Rata Sum, Black Citadel, Hoelbrak....

Is there mystic forge in those? I thought the only open world one was LA

@Klipso.8653 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

or Divinity, Rata Sum, Black Citadel, Hoelbrak....

Is there mystic forge in those? I thought the only open world one was LA

Brain fart. I was thinking crafting stations. ?

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

I don't disagree, but taking up map que was also a unintended problem they didn't think of.

@Klipso.8653 said:

Unfortunately this still happens /cough rangers & thieves

Though I dont mind their removal that much, it was just slightly inconvenient the first time I tried to use them and noticed they were gone.

Lmao

@"Astrolicus.3716" said:https://i.imgur.com/4V6lY5E.jpg I don't know how to put an image here, so I'll leave the link.Anet, I have not seen a single player that uses this part of Alpine border, why not just remove it or build a wall there? Or you can use it for a new NPC or something because, honestly, you're missing out on the great opportunity to add something there.

Why not place Lion's Arch portal there instead?

Is that a new area. I don't recognise it. :scream: