Swipe: to a more melee oriented change

alejandro.2093

rather than teleport,

make the new swipe to a more melee flavored steal

pull 1200 range (same mechanic as dragon hunter f1 pull)tether first then pull flip skill, to make it reliable than scorpion wire

(then my mortal combat Scorpion will live in GW2)

so in this change, we can clearly make a distinction of steal flavor,Core - teleport stealdaredevil - melee stealdeadeye - range steal

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:rather than teleport,

pull 1200 range (same mechanic as dragon hunter f1 pull)tether first then pull flip skill, to make it reliable than scorpion wire

so in this change, we can clearly make a distinction of steal flavor,Core - teleport stealdaredevil - melee stealdeadeye - range steal

This would be awesome for pulling people into unfavorable positions and taking out key targets in team fights. Basi venom then hit them with this, strip some boons and pull them into your team/zerg for an easy kill.

I like the idea, but it would have to be reliable and not buggy at all with it being a clutch move and we'd have to try to sit on a nice pull to not use up swipe modifiers on trash just because it's fun to pull people off stuff, it's why I still run around with scorpion wire most of the time.

Swipe is more or less fine, the only change it could get is a baseline cripple application. But the real way to beef up the elite spec is to buff the traits and make staff not a meme weapon for pvp. This way the range trade off is justified by making the daredevil a more powerful brawler/duelist instead of a +1/decap gimmick class.

Edit: another possibility is to make new daredevil specific class stolen skills in the same vein as dead eye does.

copyrightwantstotalktoyou

i came with tis idea you simply cut it down to just pull :P at least say i mentioned something like that beforeeven tho i agree with my idea so :P

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:

@Warkind.6745 said:I feel like a 1200 range pull would be too easy to dodge.

thats the main idea and counter play, like playing against a pull dragon hunter, or a necro great sword pull

My only problem is that most thief builds rely on landing steal to win much more than a DH or a reaper relies on their pull. If it's too easy to dodge like grasping darkness or verdict, it's going to be relegated largely to PvE and it'll take daredevil with it.

No no no..No way: a pull can basically always be interrupted by a breackstun. A 1200 range pull is so easy to interupt that is basically useless: look at DH's Hunter's Verdict: if target leaves tether range, you can't pull him. After pulled the enemy use block or breackstun, you'll do zero damage.

Deadeye is created to be a ranged class, but thief and daredevil need teleport to close the gap and land their attacks.Do you want to play like Mortal combat? Ask for a better Scorpion Wire, BUT don't ask a worse nerf to daredevil.Actual 600 range Swipe is a thousand times better then your idea.

The downside of pulling someone to you instead gap closing is that if the enemy uses any anti cc mechanic like blocks, evades, stability, etc. steal will be usless. Meanwhile, steal as a port in helps the thief stay in melee range of the enemy even if they dodge or block or whatever defensive tool the enemy uses (if you think a pull is a more melee oriented skill than a gap closer). Add to this all the combination attacks that use steal port as a centerpiece, and all the LoS that don't affect shadowsteps, but affect pulls... I really don't se any benefit for daredevil in making swipe a pull, especially since scorpion wire exists and does mostly the same thing on a lower cooldown and with 2 ammo charges.

What if you teleport a targeted creature towards you? :B

Can you imagine the amount of salt this would cause?

I can't. I can't, using my imagination, get even remotely close to what would be the real amount of the salt.

It would so glorious, soul-selling worth.

the new DrD meta: tether somebody, then jump into a death pit

What if you teleport a targeted creature towards you? :B

Can you imagine the amount of salt this would cause?

I can't. I can't, using my imagination, get even remotely close to what would be the real amount of the salt.

It would so glorious, soul-selling worth.

the new DrD meta: tether somebody, then jump into a death pit

Tether someone with a conga line of DrD