The new daredevil is not good

Doctor.1905

Daredevil got nerfs if anything and it's only because of steal being replaced with swipe. If the 600 range steal wasn't around daredevil would be mostly the same or a little bit better than before.

My suggestion is to either revert swipe back to regular steal or make swipe have a range of at least 1000.

@Jack Redline.5379 said:you know what else is not good? putting updog on the shelf

What do u mean DD not good?U saying adding like 2% sustain to class with otherwise horrible sustain didnt put it into a good viable brawling position.Is it not good because the slow and easily interruptible skills like dust strike and weakening strikes usually end up u eating damage.Or is it because the swipe change almost deleted DD d/p builds.Or maybe it's because DE had to spend 85% of its playtime leaping through smoke fields wasting ini when scrapper can do 12 sec(was 15) at a click of a button lolThese dev's are somthing else lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Jack Redline.5379 said:you know what else is not good? putting updog on the shelf

What do u mean DD not good?U saying adding like 2% sustain to class with otherwise horrible sustain didnt put it into a good viable brawling position.Is it not good because the slow and easily interruptible skills like dust strike and weakening strikes usually end up u eating damage.Or is it because the swipe change almost deleted DD d/p builds.Or maybe it's because DE had to spend 85% of its playtime leaping through smoke fields wasting ini when scrapper can do 12 sec(was 15) at a click of a button lolThese dev's are somthing else lol

I havent said DD is bad I said that also putting updog on a shelf is bad.

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

I havent said DD is bad I said that also putting updog on a shelf is bad.

Haha sry I didnt mean to quote anyone, was supposed to just be post on the topic.

DD d/p thief was in the perfect spot of squishiness and reward from skilled play a few seasons ago. Getting yourself into +1s, getting out, decapping, team stealth etc etc. It couldn't 1v1 nodes well and really with spvp 1vs1s most of the meta would trash on it with better sustain, blocking etc. Also it didn't excel in equal team fights - hence it's strength was it's mobility across the map to quickly +1 a target.

But after all the constant changes to something that wasn't even meta in a few seasons my loyalty kept me playing it. However now, this is the last straw, it's now retired. It's such a massive gameplay change as any good thief will know, it just wasn't needed at all. I was just shaking my head when I was reading the changes going: "But why?".

I'm actually really liking the potential marauder's resilience offers when it comes to staying in fights, but yeah. After trying to play with it for a while, swipe just lacks the versatility of steal. It's too short range to use around obstacles or over gaps and cliffs, and just awkwardly unpleasant to use in fights.