[WvW] Double Shortbow Roaming

kuteykathy.8123

@killy.3278 said:I did try aristocracy, and in spvp at least, I didn't find it very reliable. Thorn runes inherently has +125 more condi damage built-in, so Might is only worth it if you can maintain 10+ stacks. In +1s there usually isn't time to build up Might, and in 1v1 I can't spare the initiative to blast for weakness, or periodically spend endurance every 3sec to proc Weakening Strikes. Ultimately, while the Might can get high, it's frequently not available when I need it for bursting.

On the other hand, consider that a significant portion of the damage for this build comes from Choking Gas and poison bolt finishers, which are all low duration (2s) Poison applications. I find more often than not these tick for the full damage as people tend not to bother to use their cleanse on poison that doesn't last very long. So Thorn runes giving 50% duration increase is actually a significant damage boost to keep up pressure.

Interesting as I certainly seem to be steadily getting 12 with d/d. I wonder if it just the dagger training. I do not think I am ever under 5 stacks which is 150 and higher then 125 in throns.

Point takne on durations but I am of the once you hit seven seconds + you get diminishing returns school but this might be difference between PvP and WvW as there might be more cleanses in wvw. Now I do stick in battle a lot longer as well so just go for more stacks with BLEED the main damage source and the Poison secondary . SB would likley put out more poison.