Playing two Swords

Misuhi.5470

Hei Guys,

so i have an Question. I am new in Guild Wars 2 and played a Thief to lvl 80. Now i wanted to play a other profession, wherei can play with two Swords.So i cant decide between Chronomancer and Revenant. I want to play more PvE, Fractals, Raids etc. At least which of the twoprofessions ist a better "Allrounder".I want deal Damage than support.

Can u tell me which i should chose?

power chronomancer all the way

sword/sword + sword/focus https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/mesmer/chronomancer/power/ (illusions variant)there is also a variant where you can play sword/sword + greatsword (domination variant)

benefit off a power chronomancer:

• is the insane burst (up to 52k, which is double what a power revenant is capable off)
  • is the self-applying boons like might,alacrity and quickness so even in low-skill groups you will be efficient
  • is the self-sustain in the form of mitigating damage completly (sword 2, sword 4,f4) this however requires some encounter knowlegde to know what harmful attacks can be dodged/blocked and which can't
  • fast paced combat, unlike power rev where you mostly keep an upkeep skill active and afk-autoattack (for minimal damage, read: the lowest of everything)
  • fun rotation to master, opening the path to master other classes that also have a longer then usual rotation (if you can do mesmer, you can do pretty much every other class minus condi renegade as that is slightly more complex)
  • is the pull on focus 4 which is a godsend gift for cleaving through trashmobs
  • is the ability to swap an utility skill when needed for skips (blink, portal, mass invisibility) making your groups life easy-mode

Power Revenant in PvE (aka dual swords) is useless in high-end PvE because it's a power DPS but it lacks burst damage which nullifies the idea of power damage, let alone that the consistent damage is low anyway compared to other power DPS classes.

Power Chrono is your only option here.

Diviner rengade is really underestimated.It's a great spec with lots of utility (incredible CC, good boon support, perma grp resistance and very strong boon strip on malyx, Kalla Elite..etc.etc)And it still does decent dmg.I wouldn't say chrono is the "only option" at all.

@"Zenix.6198" said:Diviner rengade is really underestimated.It's a great spec with lots of utility (incredible CC, good boon support, perma grp resistance and very strong boon strip on malyx, Kalla Elite..etc.etc)And it still does decent dmg.I wouldn't say chrono is the "only option" at all.

Well, they asked for Power than Supporting. Though Alacrigade is meta I would say, the problem is, it's not easy to find one like Boonmancer.

@Auburner.6945 said:

@"Zenix.6198" said:Diviner rengade is really underestimated.It's a great spec with lots of utility (incredible CC, good boon support, perma grp resistance and very strong boon strip on malyx, Kalla Elite..etc.etc)And it still does decent dmg.I wouldn't say chrono is the "only option" at all.

Well, they asked for Power than Supporting. Though Alacrigade is meta I would say, the problem is, it's not easy to find one like Boonmancer.

Ye, power chrono certainly is better than alacrigade at dealing damage.All I'm saying is, that utility-wise, renegade should not be overlooked.

Personally I have found it amazingly strong in the right situation.Malyx (even tho more of a condi-legend) completely trivializes certain fractal instabs like afflicted (with grp resistance) or no pain no gain (with aoe boonstrip).Sirene's Reef is actually a prime example for this, as it makes the last boss an absolute breeze for instance.

@Zenix.6198 said:

@Zenix.6198 said:Diviner rengade is really underestimated.It's a great spec with lots of utility (incredible CC, good boon support, perma grp resistance and very strong boon strip on malyx, Kalla Elite..etc.etc)And it still does decent dmg.I wouldn't say chrono is the "only option" at all.

Ye, power chrono certainly is better than alacrigade at dealing damage.All I'm saying is, that utility-wise, renegade should not be overlooked.

Personally I have found it amazingly strong in the right situation.Malyx (even tho more of a condi-legend) completely trivializes certain fractal instabs like afflicted (with grp resistance) or no pain no gain (with aoe boonstrip).Sirene's Reef is actually a prime example for this, as it makes the last boss an absolute breeze for instance.

no pain no gain should never been an issue if you have a bs that switches to what is needed.

also saying siren reef is a breeze because of alacnade is also not 100% legitit is easy because people follow mechanics (kill adds, stack in green circle, move out in red circle)2 or 3 days ago in daily 78 we tried for fun with 3 thiefs, minstrel chrono and me as bs. thieves normally not the most welcome class for add-heavy encounters..still cleared it flawless.

alacnade is deffo a valid sword/sword option, but i would not call it dps (like OP asked for)

my usuel frac comp is me as bs, quickbrand, alacnade, power chrono, power soulbeast.

there is absolutly no reason why so many pugs still hope for chrono+druid.druid was never the best in fractal as they scale better for 10 en content and not so much for 5-menglyph of empowerment being gone, was the final killingblow to frac druid

Then there's also the hidden duelist, condi sword+sword berserker which also does quite decent damage, just a bit less than sword+torch. (and noticeably less than properly rotating lb/sw+torch).Kitty's obviously not the best rotator herself, but she's played them all and here's some examples of how they used to look like in actual gameplay situations (though they've changed a bit):

(apologies for a bit low-ish fps at times, Kitty's PC was about to break, and did 2 weeks later)

• 5 weeks later...

You can run a Diviner's Revenant that mixes support and damage. The idea is apparently to keep alacrity up at all times for your party. I'm considering switching to that build after my accessories got that free stat reset but I am going to need to do more research. Check the metabattle site for builds if you are interested.

With respect to Power Rev, the damage it deals is perfectly acceptable even in T4 fractals, but it's not "the best" that's for sure. As others have said, it's a little dull as well (so I'm not sure how much better Diviner's would be).

I really like the Revenant and have mained it since it was released, but even I don't currently use swords. IMO for Rev, Viper condition is more exciting for PvE damage because the rotation is absolutely mental, plus you have a ton of cool party buffs from your summons. SO, I would go Chrono if you are set on swords, it sounds more exciting.